Wishlist: Quality of Life

1234568»

Comments

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Thaisen said:
    Swikaan said:
    Few ideas
    - being able to see latest msgs first. MSGS DESCENDING/ MSGS DESC
    - artefact for occultists - Deck of Infinity (or Deck of Unnamed Artist). Unlimited cards of all varieties for use. Eliminates need to ink cards. 

MSG LISTR
    Yeah, this already exists. You can also do MSG LISTR SENT.

• Sobriquet said:
    Swikaan said:
    Few ideas
    - being able to see latest msgs first. MSGS DESCENDING/ MSGS DESC
    - artefact for occultists - Deck of Infinity (or Deck of Unnamed Artist). Unlimited cards of all varieties for use. Eliminates need to ink cards. 

Inscribing tarot cards is extremely straight forward and fits in with other classes needing to "prep" some stuff to fight. Being able to inscribe 20 at a time also makes things easier, even more so with a quill.

I can't see a need for unlimited tarot. I'm saying this as a Jester / Occie for most of my 16yrs playing time. 
    I don't mind the inscribing itself, but a full deck is 2.2m gold (2.3m if you have 5k blanks for backup). Jesters' upkeep isn't comparable to any other class, because in addition to cards we need wood, rope, iron, diamond dust, cheese, venoms and props (though obviously cube eliminates that last cost).
  • edited October 2020
    Wtf are you inscribing as part of a "full deck" that costs over 2m gold????

About 3 RL yrs ago I had a deck with 25k cards in, I fought a fair bit.. I still have 22k left (which I now can't access). How you even think you need 5k blanks, on top of everything else, is beyond me.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • A full deck. 5000 of each of 22 major arcana, each costing 20 gold.
  • 5000?? You do realise that cards don't get used up on the arena?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited October 2020
    Commodities cost more than tarot and props combined. If we want to talk Jester upkeep, that's what stands out to me.

I'm confident props cost is a non-issue since filling up and getting a new blackjack is only 6,500 gold. It's so cheap I can't see any reason to get a cube besides fun, unless it has another advantage I'm unaware of e.g. wishing with broken limbs or paralysis when you couldn't get gold from a container.

Re: tarot, I'm not sure anyone needs a completely full deck. Some cards get used very infrequently, and anyone who fights competitively is probably not hurting for gold. I found the cost of cards warranted the Rurin trait and by the mid-50s I was earning enough gold from bashing that I buy more cards than I use.

I would love to see player-crafted cards from wood commodities though. Bulk discounts please.
  • Prop usage can be obscene. If you fight a lot, you’ll blow through mickies and itchpowder unless your only strategies are cheesy. Mousey? Anyway.

As for tarot cards, jesters flat out don’t use that many tarot cards over the course of a fight. You have a couple or three cards that you lean on in groups, but that’s not the only thing you’re doing and spamming them is useless once their effects are up. There will never ever ever be a case where you need to even dream about filling up your deck. I don’t even keep 100 of every card for the most part. The only cards that don’t stay in the red are empress, hangedman, aeon, universe, fool, and hermit. I certainly don’t have hundreds of those lying around either.
  • I have close to 200 of every card, with more of anything I use as someone who hasn't started fighting yet. So mainly Fool, Chariot, Universe and Priestess. Those last 2 I inscribed over 500 of and I'm getting close to red again already.

Re: Jesters in group, 'spam fling' is all the advice I've read.
  • QUEST COMPLETED ABANDON - Remove all quests completed at least once from your quest log.

• Having unlimited Tarot cards is a 'Quality of Life' thing, not a gold thing to be fair. 

In addition, the following artefacts for occultists

Domination
    - Mark of Glaaki: Each Chaos Lord answers twice as many times as normal before a pact needs to be redone. 
    // I log on 20 times a day since I play on my mobile. Each death requires a new set of entities to be summoned. And I die a lot. Not having to renew pacts every week would be nice :)

- An Eternal Contract: Making an eternal contract with a Chaos Lord will create a permanent pact not having to be renewed. However, due to the strain on your soul, you may only create 5 of these.

• Swikaan said:
    Having unlimited Tarot cards is a 'Quality of Life' thing, not a gold thing to be fair. 

In addition, the following artefacts for occultists

Domination
    - Mark of Glaaki: Each Chaos Lord answers twice as many times as normal before a pact needs to be redone. 
    // I log on 20 times a day since I play on my mobile. Each death requires a new set of entities to be summoned. And I die a lot. Not having to renew pacts every week would be nice :)

- An Eternal Contract: Making an eternal contract with a Chaos Lord will create a permanent pact not having to be renewed. However, due to the strain on your soul, you may only create 5 of these.

I am all for something like this.  I've been wanting perma-pacts forever! It becomes even more troublesome when you are actively fighting people.  I tend to cancel pacts that fall into the single digits because I've had times where I miss a kill and died because I couldn't summon an entity.  I enjoy the flavour of pacting, but the amount of summons you get from certain entities feels a little low.

Couple this with the fact that when you starburst, all your entities are gone and you'll need to re-summon all of them if you survive once more.
  • WISH: Quest rewards worth it, maybe exclusive talisman pieces a %chance to get one.

• Wish: improvement on gold flake gather rate. 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Since apparently you can no longer non-decay images you take with the obsidian disc, can we please finally expand the Mayan crown book to hold more than a measly five?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Elgabri said:
    Wish: improvement on gold flake gather rate. 

What you're seeing is the improved rate.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    Elgabri said:

seeking and yes

• Elgabri said:
    Saonji said:
    Elgabri said:

seeking and yes

No. It got buffed last classlead round. This IS the improved rate. It used to be even worse.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    Elgabri said:
    Saonji said:
    Elgabri said:

seeking and yes

No. It got buffed last classlead round. This IS the improved rate. It used to be even worse.
    thats terrible. HAHA