Haidar's Tournament

124»

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    It's not that it's inaccurate. It's just that it's awful and runs counter to literally every honours line I've seen. They are usually written to celebrate something but with this one is like someone though it's be fun to shit on participants because a lot of people just signed up to get it 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I like the honors line too, if you didn't win.. you failed. In the context of the competition it sums it up perfectly.

The stories of who came 2nd, 3rd etc should be just that, stories to be told and handed down. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
    edited September 2020
    If they were going to shit on people for participating they should just not have given honours lines for it. Maybe that was not the intention but it is how it reads. Specially when they go out of their way to advertise it as one of the draws of participation. 

• They aren't shitting on anybody, its a honors line for participation, the fact its slightly different to the 100's already in place is a good thing IMHO. I couldn't take part but would be pretty happy with that line if I had of done. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Are you upset that your participation trophy isn't shiny enough?
  • Sobriquet said:
    if you didn't win.. you failed. In the context of the competition it sums it up perfectly.

While I do agree with this, this comment never happened when Atalkez mentioned he didn't like his honours line. It was even stated in the announce post that only the winner would get a special line. Second place in a Great Hunt doesn't get a line. Even first place in a different tier doesn't get an honours line. Second place in the Championship Games doesn't get an honours line (I don't think). I don't think this competition should have been any different, but I do think they could have worded it a lot better than they did.

He/She was unable to earn his/her name in the Kashari Tournament of Names.

My only personal gripe was the silly time this happened. So used to everything happening around Serenade, this started at 11pm and would have finished around 5am for me and I just can't be here then so I couldn't participate.
  • edited September 2020
    Sobriquet said:
    They aren't shitting on anybody, its a honors line for participation, the fact its slightly different to the 100's already in place is a good thing IMHO. I couldn't take part but would be pretty happy with that line if I had of done. 

@Sobriquet, I would suggest you stop acting like you have any tangible weight in something that doesn't affect you, as you don't have the line, and didn't participate. @Shirszae , as (... top ten? Sorry, I was at work, not sure on this) and several hours of effort into the competition, had actually put some time in here. 

I don't think it's a lot to ask if you say "We're going to honour you for participating" to not be like "u failed"

If you guys were going to be smart asses about it, you shouldn't have offered a line at all is the point we're tryna make. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited September 2020
    I like the line. I don't take it as a negative, its just an interesting and factual statement.

Something like 'He/She participated in the tournament of names' or whatever is what I expected but I'm glad its a bit more interesting.

You don't get to RP some great achievement if you didn't earn it. You failed, I failed, lots of us failed, and that's perfectly OK. We're just mortals

I don't think it's meant to be read as 'He/She got dunked on. What a loser' like some people are interpreting it. 
  • Here's a quick fix for ya'll...

• Atalkez said:
    Wings! Sorry guess I left that out :D

After securing 15 kills he fell to Penwize in the finale of the Kashari Tournament of Names.
    After securing 8 kills he fell to Atalkez in the finale of the Kashari Tournament of Names.
    After securing 17 kills he fell to Farrah in the finale of the Kashari Tournament of Names.
    After securing 3 kills she fell to Crixos in the finale of the Kashari Tournament of Names.

Thanks for taking that feedback and making some changes, team! This is much better and I'm sure all of us can agree that we appreciate this move quite a bit!
    The wings thing was announced at the beginning. It factored into my decision not to buy them, so it definitely wasn't an issue of us lacking foresight or rules changing midway through. It was announced via shout, though, so I can sympathize if you happened to miss the shout. They still provided a significant advantage, though, even with the rule. They just would have been 100% necessary if that hadn't been a rule.
  • I'm perfectly fine with the honors line, it's still a great story.

The most capable players in Achaean history didn't rely on honors lines to demonstrate their prowess, they did it through their actions. If you're leaning on honors lines to denote the glory of your character, you probably have some work to do. If anything, the most impressive thing about honors lines is the number you have, not necessarily what they say. So for that purpose, this one is just fine with me. 

• Pretty sure this wasn't the highest number of people but yes, I'm down to watch more PK streaming. 

:D 
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Would be better if the person streaming wasn't a total scrub
  • Archaeon said:
    Would be better if the person streaming wasn't a total scrub
    Hehe
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• edited September 2020
    The tournament finished around 5 or 6am for me and I fell asleep about about 4am listening to Namino and Tysandr roasting Atalkez.

It was the best sleep I've ever had.
  • Shirszae said:
    If they were going to shit on people for participating they should just not have given honours lines for it. Maybe that was not the intention but it is how it reads. Specially when they go out of their way to advertise it as one of the draws of participation. 
    Think we're playing a bit fast and loose with the term shitting on people here Shirsz, it's a historically accurate honours line with no malicious or prejudicial tone. Had they stuck with the original version, it would've been nice to maybe have the option to not have the honours line if anyone was unhappy with it, but I disagree that the admin were shitting on anybody at all
    I can admit that was too much, yeah. For that much I am sorry. I probably should have just stuck to arguments as to why I thought the line could be better. 

Still looking forward to hearing the Admin impressions sometime down the line. 

• I loved the tournament, my curing wouldn't work at all even when I turned curing on so my three fights were steamrolled as well and I am not a good coder at all to fix it.  :'( But I loved it otherwise!
  • Torrent said:
    I loved the tournament, my curing wouldn't work at all even when I turned curing on so my three fights were steamrolled as well and I am not a good coder at all to fix it.  :'( But I loved it otherwise!
    It was tricky at first. You had to like turn -everything- on. So Curing afflictions on, curing focus on, etcetera. I forgot to turn focus on.