Another Zulah GUI based off Jor'mox

edited January 2020 in Tech Support
Decided I wanted to work on a GUI utilizing Jor'mox's impressive drag and drop framework put out here: https://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22636

General Screenshots: 
https://imgur.com/NJismy0 
https://imgur.com/hWqY2ae

Gif:
https://imgur.com/HeMpNND 

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/67r3i3xl7bm2zll/ZulahGUI.mpackage

Right click and drag to interact with the GUI.

I'd like to expand on this so please feel free to update, correct any bugs, or add to this code and share.

I've created some basic windows already:
  • Walking Map
  • Ocean Map
  • Chat captures (Word wrap should auto adjust now, no need to change code for size)
  • Logger
  • Combat Information
I have an affliction tracking window using AK as well but other than tracking your own afflictions the purpose of this GUI is just visual organization not combat code.

I've added 2 extra bits of code in this version:
  1. A room database. This will add any room you enter for the first time to a database in your profile folder. You can later use this database for all sorts of purposes! If you're unfamiliar with databases, you can download a free DB Browser and search all rooms. Example: search all room descriptions for a single word "atavian" you would get: https://imgur.com/psqWaYX 
  2. I added a secondary method of viewing rooms. You can turn this on and off as well as the database tracking as seen in this gif: https://imgur.com/vyymY1k It makes seeing items, people, denizens in the rooms much easier.
You can read more on Jor'mox help about how the framework works. Creating a new window is simple code:
GUIframe.addWindow(window, name [this is the text shown on the tab], target container [top, bottom, topleft, bottomleft, topright, bottomright], hideTabText [optional])

Needs to be tested out a bit. I haven't added all classes to the defense tracking. Also some aff tracking has changed since I was last about so I'll have to update that. Let me know any other issues

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    That looks very useful and easy to use. Thanks for putting this together and sharing.

• Looks really nice, tried it out and this is what I got :
  • Dominius said:
    Looks really nice, tried it out and this is what I got :
    Looks like your login trigger didn't fire right. There is one login trigger:
    Your last login was from domain: (.*).

A few people told me their login was longer than 1 line though. Will have to adjust that to work on all login locations, even longer ones.
  • Is there a way to save the layout you set it to? I can't seem to figure out how to do that if there is.
  • edited January 2020
    Tamotsu said:
    Is there a way to save the layout you set it to? I can't seem to figure out how to do that if there is.

Yes. I already put a logout trigger that saves the layout called:

-- Logout Trigger --
    GUIframe.saveSettings()

To load use:
    GUIframe.loadSettings()

• Zulah said:
    Tamotsu said:
    Is there a way to save the layout you set it to? I can't seem to figure out how to do that if there is.

Yes. I already put a logout trigger that saves the layout called:

-- Logout Trigger --
    GUIframe.saveSettings()

To load use:
    GUIframe.loadSettings()

Ahah! Thank you! I thought that I might have glanced over it some how when I was trying to figure it out.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    I've installed and restarted, and something flashes as I log in, but does not seem to be working for me.

Error output:

• edited February 2020
    Utianima said:
    I've installed and restarted, and something flashes as I log in, but does not seem to be working for me.

Those errors are ok. Those flash for a moment as the system starts up. I've had a few people contact me saying it doesn't seem to be working when it actually is working but it's hard to tell at first. Keep in mind when you install it, nothing will look any different at first. You have to RIGHT CLICK and hold down on the blue squares and pull them towards the center of the screen as seen in this gif: https://imgur.com/HeMpNND

All tab movement, dragging, resizing, is done via RIGHT click HOLD and DRAG on the mouse.

If you aren't able to do that msg me here or in game and I'll help trouble shoot any issues!

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    @Zulah thanks, that was the issue. Works perfect now  <3

• Enough people asked me I thought it worth mentioning here.

If you want something to echo in the log window simply add to a trigger:

zgui.sendLogger("green", "This text is sent to the log!")

As you can see you assign the color used here as well
  • Thought I'd give a minor edit to the enemy list part of the combat script to make it click-to-target. Might be useful if you've got a boatload of targets and the raid leader just died or something. I dunno. *shrugs*

For anyone interested, just replace it with this:
    clearWindow("enemyList")<br>cecho("enemyList", "Enemies:\n")<br>for _,v in ipairs(zgui.enemies) do <br>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;echoLink("enemyList", "- "..v.."\n", [[expandAlias("t ]]..v..[[")]], "Target "..v, true)<br>end
  • Liking this. Any chance you have a way for us to pull up a Elist UI? Noticed it was in one of your earlier GUI's and I think it's an awesome idea that I would like to incorporate.
    Would be really great to have the People and Room GMCP trackers able to be shown in one of the side bars. Gets a bit distracting having it under the room descriptions. Having it in a window makes it easier to track things in the room as the text scrolls in the main window. 

• Hi! Great job on this. This is the stuff I'd dream of making back in the day. I was wondering how to create a new chat table to separate all my "tells"? Thanks for your help!
  • updated to Mudlet 4.8 and the map tab stopped working. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I didn't change anything in the code.
  • I am on 4.8.2 and it seems to work fine for me still.
  • Hmm. you're right. I did a fresh install on a new profile and it worked there. I wonder what's making it bug out on my actual profile.
  • Anyone know how to fix the word wrap on the chat logs?

• edited June 2020
    Is there any possibility of a trigger to switch from the ocean map tab to the map tab when you board a ship (and vice versa)? I can't seem to figure out what function clicking calls, or if there is one that is called. (nevermind I just moved it to a different thing)

i'm a rebel

• Has anyone had any luck customizing this in a permanent way? It looks like whenever I restart, everything is re-initialize? I worry that the combat logger and the combat window together are lagging my mudlet (I also have no idea if this is accurate) so I'd like to replace them with a few custom things. Any idea if that's possible to do permanently?

I also have to echo Silas regarding the word wrap on the chat logs. Any ideas on fixing that?

i'm a rebel

• Would be nice if it had extra windows for who is here for players and another for NPC/items or whatever
  • You can make your own tabs if that helps. There's also the unsused top and bottom frames that you can put stuff into.
  • ColganoColgano Nebraska
    Jakiro said:
    You can make your own tabs if that helps. There's also the unsused top and bottom frames that you can put stuff into.
    I've been helping add to his when I'm not busy doing something else lol. 
  • Guruk said:
    Would be nice if it had extra windows for who is here for players and another for NPC/items or whatever

That stuff is in GMCP and pretty easy to set up so long as you have an empty window name to send it to (looks like previous 2 posts says there are 2.. perfect).

Use:
    gmcp.Room.Players
    gmcp.Room.RemovePlayer
    gmcp.Room.AddPlayer 

when those change, have it update the window for Players in the room.

For the items in the room use gmcp.Char.Items

• Does anyone know how to add the info here information into the notes section of the room database?
  • edited October 2020
    Currently working on a version of this GUI that doesn't use Jormox. Due to the new adjustable containers / userwindows having more options and far more customization for the user without coding.

That is awesome. The versatility and available to customisation is next level. Looking forward to trying this out, especially as part of a roaming profile.

• @Kresslack If you want to play with the current version I'm messing with. Has the doubleclick change userwindows to adjustable windows and back. Still a few wonky bugs in it but I like the concepts.

Zulah said:
    @Kresslack If you want to play with the current version I'm messing with. Has the doubleclick change userwindows to adjustable windows and back. Still a few wonky bugs in it but I like the concepts.

Got a chance to mess around with this, and I gotta say, the fluidity and versatility of this is nothing short of amazing. Everyone has their own preferences to where they want certain information, how large, etc and this facilitates that in the easiest way I've ever seen or experienced. 

I'm going to be setting up to use this on my roaming profile when I'm traveling, and certainly recommend it to anyone else if have a need for it, or if they just want a really easy to use and customisable GUI to enhance their Mudlet experience.

Couldn't get the Chat capture to work, but that's probably a bug or something I was missing on my part. Either way, this is great.

• @Zulah any chance you have just a standalone user window like this for just the map?  I don't use a GUI but have a bunch of windows with info I want.

I suppose I could strip it all down but I figured it may be quicker/easier for you since you built the original. Also, does it capture subdivision maps?