Based on how useful the PvE analysis
thread was on these forums in comparing hunting speeds for different classes, I thought it could be useful to do a little number crunching for the opposite end of the arti spectrum.
I kept seeing the comment that 2h > dwc > dwb > snb for knight bashing, and I wanted to try and put some numbers to it. There are many factors at play here, so I expect that the data might have some larger error bars than on the fully artied thread.
I've been mostly focused on damage to Gnoll Sentinels in Manara Burrow level 1
, since their smaller HP bars leads to a more reliable %HP damage calculation. I added other mobs to see if the trends are consistent, though.
Some preliminary findings:
- COMBINATION REND SMASH is barely above unspecialised shortsword jab for SNB. Once COMBINATION SLICE SMASH is unlocked later on, it gets a bit faster.
- The amount of lessons into weaponmastery does not seem to have any effect on hunting speed/damage/to-hit (the latter is always 100% for knights).
- Higher strength leads to higher damage for every spec I've tested so far.
- While the damage and speed vary a lot, there does not seem to be too significant a difference in DPS between broadsword/longsword and buckler/tower.
- So far, Longsword + Buckler Combo Slice Smash seems to be the most effective SNB bashing setup (though not by much). Needs more testing at higher strength levels--I've been putting off race specialisation to gather more data.
- My balance numbers fluctuate significantly, and some small advantages from one weapon setup to another might not be fully accurate. Once I figure out the proper balance number the data will be more reliable.
If any lowbie/unartied knights want to put in their own data and contribute, that'd be very helpful and much appreciated. Especially for DWB and DWC as I don't have characters of those specs and am quite short on lessons as it is.Here is the link to the spreadsheet
that I've been using. Uristt's data has my findings, you can use the Guest data tab at the bottom to put in your stats.