New Occie!

Ok banging my head against the wall on this one. Occultist got changed in a major way. From what I can tell the feel of occie is mostly the same. The game plan is still to stack physical afflictions into mental afflictions for an enlighten. At the most basic of levels that is what you still do. 

To achieve this we have a lot of new tools as well as some fixes and actual uses for old ones. Things that stick out to me the most is casual access to paralysis as a staple affliction. Asthma and slickness access to back it up and paralysis access from an entity once asthma and addiction are present. Passive afflictions and hinder from up to four entities. Minions giving afflictions in a active way allows for some clever combos. 

As of right now my prevailing theory for a basic enlighten kill path is to use instills for paralyses and stick asthma and addiction. Our affliction speed is such that this is trivial for occie to accomplish. Once we have done this then we can use entities to stick paralysis for us and use our own skills to throw tarots and giver a wider selection of afflictions. Namely whispering madness. Since occie lacks impatience and no easy access to anorexia whispering madness seems to be how we are expected to stick any amount of mentals. We need either five mentals or four mentals and whispering madness which for the purpose of this post I will just count as a mental. Whispering madness and addiction are two mentals that are unique in that they both count for enlighten and both can not be focused. So that just leaves three mentals that can be focused having to be present to achieve enlighten. Whispering madness only has a chance to re give a random mental once one is cured via focus. As far as I know this cant be anorexia. Sycohphant will double focus balance after the next focus attempt. It requires you to give up some affliction pressure to use but can be used in advance of a strategy. However there is nothing to stop you from just focusing before a mental is applied. So that means we have to use it close to when we actually would need it to be effective. 

Firelord is the other tool we can use to really stick in a burst of mental afflictions. It however does have it's drawn backs. You can convert up to four random physical afflictions to a set mental affliction associated with that physical. 

Asthma becomes recklessness.
Paralysis becomes dementia.
Slickness becomes stupidity.
Haemophilia becomes claustrophobia.
Clumsiness becomes shyness.
Healthleech becomes agoraphobia.
Sensitivity becomes paranoia.
Darkshade becomes confusion.

Note that the firelord will convert no more than four afflictions at a
time.

Right off the bat it is obvious that if asthma is converted we will have to give paralysis via instill again until it and addiction are both present. However in theory this shouldnt be a problem because when whispering madness and addiction are present we should only need three of these mentals to enlighten. So the idea is that we use our entity balance to burst cure 4 physical afflictions and our EQBAL to enlighten off of that. 

This is easier said than done it seems. Occultist unlike other affliction classes does not double inflict. What I mean is that unlike serpent who can give two afflictions in a single line using balance we combine two balances together instead. So think more bard than serpent. This often requires Occultist to slow down and wait until we get both balances back at the same time. In most cases entity balance is slightly slower than EQBAL and these two do not always line up together well.  So occie can use enity balance when off of EQBAL but as far as I know has no way to queue both up to be fired at the same time. 

What this adds up to is when you are in a situation where you have whispering madness and addiction and 4 physical afflictions you will most of the time reagain EQ back first and then about .2 to .6 of a second later regain entity balance. You need entity balance to burst mentals with firelord and EQBAL to seal the deal with enlighten in that order. If you manually wait then they will often cure something important right before you fire off the combo. Since firelord has a hard cap of 4 physical to convert you can not counter this with more physical afflictions. If you could burst with five then it would be trivial. 

This leads me to believe that we are meant to use whispering madness and some mentals to pressure focus balance before this point. Currently I am at a loss of how to achieve this in a semi consistent way. If whipseringmadness always gave another mental when you focused under it that would be much easier to use. However it does not so I expect I am missing something that the devs intended occultist to use. We have devilmark and moon card from tarot for some possible burst mentals but its pretty RNG in what happens. 

Does anyone have and ideas about how to go about this? Is there something I am missing. A different route you can think or a tool I am not using? 
Cooper said:
This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!

Comments

• edited September 2020
    Your best bet would be to first leave Hashan. Otherwise you're gonna get exiled and not be able to use domination period.

You never need to pressure mentals at all. The only 'mental' aff you use is Addiction.

Addiction + WhisperingMadness + 3 of the above affs == firelord/enlighten combo (together, so they don't get to cure any of the mentals).
    Addiction + 4 of the above == firelord/enlighten combo.
    Madness + 4 (if you somehow stick madness without addiction) == firelord/enlighten combo.

You're massively overthinking it for no reason. The 'wait or eqbal' isn't as disastrous as it seems, it's actually incredibly consistent if you do it properly.

PS: Bruteforce Enlighten is still the most consistent, reliable and quickest way to kill people. No need for fancy tricks.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    Your best bet would be to first leave Hashan. Otherwise you're gonna get exiled and not be able to use domination period.

You never need to pressure mentals at all. The only 'mental' aff you use is Addiction.

Addiction + WhisperingMadness + 3 of the above affs == firelord/enlighten combo (together, so they don't get to cure any of the mentals).
    Addiction + 4 of the above == firelord/enlighten combo.
    Madness + 4 (if you somehow stick madness without addiction) == firelord/enlighten combo.

You're massively overthinking it for no reason. The 'wait or eqbal' isn't as disastrous as it seems, it's actually incredibly consistent if you do it properly.

PS: Bruteforce Enlighten is still the most consistent, reliable and quickest way to kill people. No need for fancy tricks.
    Yes but the issue I run into is I am never on both balances at the same time unless I wait for entity balance to come back. So while I wait for entity balance they cure something or I go off eq again and I am in the same situation as before. on entity balance but not on eq. Do you have a way to queue commands so they fire at the same time? basically waiting for slowest balance instead of sending things as fast as possible? 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • edited September 2020
    CQ ALL; queue add eqbal queue add class command firelord at target/enlighten target
    If I was ready to enlighten them but just used ent bal, then I'd instill para (and not queue an ent attack), then do the above. They eat bloodroot, then they don't get herb bal back before you get EQ back when timed properly.

• I thought you couldn't queue queueing commands?
  • You can't alias queueing commands. You can queue 2 separate balances, though, to ensure you do the command when you have both.

• Saonji said:
    You can't alias queueing commands. You can queue 2 separate balances, though, to ensure you do the command when you have both.
    I have been trying to do this with no success. I always get eq back before entity balance and mess up the combo. 
    Cooper said:
  • Driden said:
    Saonji said:
    You can't alias queueing commands. You can queue 2 separate balances, though, to ensure you do the command when you have both.
    I have been trying to do this with no success. I always get eq back before entity balance and mess up the combo. 
    corrections sometimes I get entity balance back first and still dont send both at the same time. It always enlightens first and then sends firelord sometimes or not at all
    Cooper said:
  • Driden said:
    Driden said:
    Saonji said:
    corrections sometimes I get entity balance back first and still dont send both at the same time. It always enlightens first and then sends firelord sometimes or not at all
    omg I am dumb. user error. Command seperator issue. 
    Cooper said: