Nexus Help (no, not that kind)

Hi! I saw this question come up, and since I used to have something similar... So I decided why not remake it?

Lots of people seem to like the way Nexus displays HELP files in a new window, I figured I kinda like it as well (not always, but sometimes), so I made a thing in Mudlet to do exactly that.

How to use:
  1. Download it from the link below. (can't host mpackages on forums RIP).
  2. Install it via package manager
  3. Open aliases and find the 'Nexus Help' alias.
  4. Change 'nhelp_pageLength' to whatever your CONFIG PAGELENGTH is set to in-game, this is because it'll max your pagelength when it sends HELP. I did this mostly because I'm lazy and don't wanna do workarounds.
  5. Change 'sep' to whatever your CONFIG SEPARATOR is set to, NOT your Mudlet separator. If you haven't set it before, do so then change it in the alias.
  6. You're good to go. Just do nhelp <whatever> to use it now. I decided to not have help <whatever> as the alias, so that I could still view help files normally.
Image (it's a miniconsole, so the text is scrollable, and selectable):

Enjoy.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

Comments

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    @Saonji this is amazing, thanks! You need to make it publically available via google drive settings though. Now it prompts me to ask for permission.

• edited September 2020
    Hmm, that's weird. The link was set to 'Anyone with this link can view' - I didn't get any notifications that unverified people tried to access it.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I can't seem to download this. What appears when I click the link: