Experience vs Destroyer Membership Bonuses

So according to the membership bonus list... I have a 20% experience increase active which I can swap out for a 4% damage to denizens and a 0.6% bonus to critical hits. I am currently level 90 and 80% of the way to 91. Would it be better to keep the experience or go with the increase damage and kill things at a faster rate to finish getting to dragon when I hunt alone? I currently have a l1 pendant, human crit bonus and lucky trait.

Also, I am assuming that next month when my membership renews it will cap out the experience bonus at the 25%, based off the math that would suggest the damage bonus would be capped at 5% and the crit bonus would be capped at 0.75%... or is my math off somewhere?

Comments

• You're correct on your math.
    Personally I'll just wait until I hit 99 and then immediately switch over. I'm not trying to catch up to Penwize in level, I just hunt for gold. 

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• The post said it didn't stack with lucky/aim to kill, so the question really becomes: is there a trait I want more than 25% xp. Probably nothing in the list that will help PvE that much for the majority of classes.
  • Accipiter said:
    The post said it didn't stack with lucky/aim to kill, so the question really becomes: is there a trait I want more than 25% xp. Probably nothing in the list that will help PvE that much for the majority of classes.
    I misread the post. I thought it was saying that the exp and the destroyer bonuses didn't stack meaning you couldn't use them together and had to choose one. I didn't realize it meant the destroyer bonus didn't stack with lucky/aim to kill. Thank you for clarifying that!
  • Kemzu said:
    Accipiter said:
    The post said it didn't stack with lucky/aim to kill, so the question really becomes: is there a trait I want more than 25% xp. Probably nothing in the list that will help PvE that much for the majority of classes.
    I misread the post. I thought it was saying that the exp and the destroyer bonuses didn't stack meaning you couldn't use them together and had to choose one. I didn't realize it meant the destroyer bonus didn't stack with lucky/aim to kill. Thank you for clarifying that!
    Realistically, if you have say.. a level 1 grimoire (1000cr can probably get you a level 2 due to it being blackwave and @Seragorn probably fucking drowning in them)...

Even just a level 1 is a trait reset every hour... and while I can understand a 2% crit increase, and all crits dealing.. 10% more damage (Has anyone actually checked?).. it kind of comes down to. "Is killing/overkilling things faster enough to counteract having to murder 25% less things (I think PK also gets affected by the extra XP).

The answer is generally "No." It's a MAYBE if you have a Maya Figurine... but even then, 25% extra experience will generally outclass it. Considering that gets crunked up with double EXP events to 250% exp, rather than 225% like you'd think it would be. (Which is then further compounded by more-and-more experience boosts.. and you get an obscene number. I think Tahquil at one point hit 900% extra exp.)
  • There might be an interesting choice if you don't care about xp at all and only bash for gold/essence. Lucky is 1% on defs and Aim to Kill I always had in my head was 10% but don't know where I got that number from. Is 5% damage and whatever major trait you get worth more than .25% crit or whatever the damage is from Aim to Kill.

If you do care about xp at all though the xp boost is better.
  • Accipiter said:
    There might be an interesting choice if you don't care about xp at all and only bash for gold/essence. Lucky is 1% on defs and Aim to Kill I always had in my head was 10% but don't know where I got that number from. Is 5% damage and whatever major trait you get worth more than .25% crit or whatever the damage is from Aim to Kill.

If you do care about xp at all though the xp boost is better.
    Is there a reason to keep focusing on xp once you hit 100? I know you can level past that, but you do you get anything besides extra class slots? If not, then I think the damage would be better as I can get essence and gold at a slightly faster rate?
  • You get hp/mp/end/will after 100 in Achaea. Not -quite- as much, but 20 levels still adds up.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• You get free class slots but after 102 which I think is the crit cap nothing really worth the effort if you don’t enjoy bashing.
  • Saonji said:
    You get hp/mp/end/will after 100 in Achaea. Not -quite- as much, but 20 levels still adds up.
    Extra health is a plus, especially since I want to learn combat after hitting dragon...

Accipiter said:
    You get free class slots but after 102 which I think is the crit cap nothing really worth the effort if you don’t enjoy bashing.
    Good to know the crit cap is at 102. Thanks for the info! More I know the better the choice I can make.
  • Quick question but how do you actually change the membership bonus?
  • It says that in HELP ELITE.

MEMBERSHIP BONUS LIST         - to list your options.
    MEMBERSHIP BONUS <bonusname>  - to change your chosen membership bonus.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• MEMBERSHIP BONUS RP doesn't seem to be working