Minimal investment PvP questions

2»

Comments

• edited August 2020
    Penwize said:
    Armali said:
    From HELP INSANITY:

Some fancy that qualities of their own existence, such as their health or life
    experience are nothing more than numbers! Chilling, isn't it?

Which is a bit weird, because HELP CIRCLES exists and seems to imply we do, in fact, measure things in numbers:

6.20.1 Circles
           6.20 < Levels of Experience                  PERMISSIONS > 6.21

(See HELP LEVELS)

Circles are round. So are spheres, which are like circles, but not the same.
    Even discs are like circles, but they are also not the same. Some things are
    shaped like circles, or discs, or spheres. Some things move in circles. Nothing
    much moves in discs. A few things move in spheres, maybe.

What does a circle (or a disc, or a sphere, for that matter) have to do with
    experience? Nothing! Unless maybe some are going around in circles, not getting
    anywhere. Like a chicken with its head cut off.

Some levels of experience have names. Some of those names are very interesting.
    Those names are still names of LEVELS of experience. Yes, even if they have the
    word 'circle' in them!

In real life we measure damn near everything with numbers, seems silly that Achaeans wouldn't, especially when they have specific abilities to do so.

It's true.  I've heard several people refer to Penwize as a "4/10".

Still trying to figure out what this means.

(In game I mean.  I'm sure OOC he's at least a 6)
  • edited August 2020
    Mizik said:
    @Kzir Just ask whatever you want. We're all players in the same game. A lot of people in game recognize putting "TELL MIZIK // whatever" as an OOC tag (for some reason) if you feel nervous, and most people have artefacts you can try on if you're iffy about making a purchase. You can send pretty much anyone a tell for help and you'll get it - look for @Dalran , @Dunn or me and just ask away, or just beat on us if you need a test dummy if we're idle. 

As a last resort, you can try to ISSUE ME if you'd like to test an artefact before making a purchase (like weapons, which cannot be borrowed). They lease them out for a set amount of time.

The only worst case scenario for us is one where you quit the game :(
    Re: Renting arties. This is a great way to test things, but have a plan first! You tend to only get to test it for an hour, and you tend to only get to rent it once.
  • Yeah if you want my necklace with sexy Hecate to test artie powers, let me know. 

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    @Dunn post desc plz
  • Hanging from a loop of fine black iron chain, innumerable fractures spiderweb across the surface of this shattered chunk of heartstone. Seeping a pale pink glow, the unmistakable countenance of the Crone Queen stares out from the cracked lines that carve realistic wrinkles and folds upon her translucent white face. Raging within the depths of the ruby is a furious storm, jagged shards coruscating around the interior of the jewel.
    It weighs about 6 pounds.

Such wrinkles. 

• edited December 2020
    I think serpent is an excellent low-cost option.  It's insanely cheap to get into PVP (only real artefact is Dirk and you can beat top level combatants with a level 1).  The bashing is also excellent.  I've bashed to dragon 4 times on serpent, with 3 of those being completely unartied.

You don't need stats to venom lock or fool people with illusions.  Nor does it matter how many arties your opponent has if you succeed.  Notably there are no arties that improve curing - it's all about HP and Mana which frankly are almost ignorable for serpents.

Serpent, especially without arties, will require a much larger time investment though - as the skill, and probably the coding, takes a lot longer to master than DW, rune, sylvan, mage, etc.

Apostate and Priest are good too for similar reasons.  Jester is probably a good option too.  Monk will work if you're willing to be a "slow prepper" but don't expect people to respect you for slow prepping them to death with your artefact shield tattoo :pensive:.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    No