Quick Questions

Comments

• Pls no more newsboards.

Just make the changelog feature that Lusternia/Imperian has (maybe Aetolia too, I forget).

:pensive:

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• What is the level cap for foragers? I just had foragers go from level 23 to 20. And when I issued about it for an answer, I was greeted with an answer that didn't actually answer my question.

• I suppose 20 would be your answer then.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Lorath said:
    What is the level cap for foragers? I just had foragers go from level 23 to 20. And when I issued about it for an answer, I was greeted with an answer that didn't actually answer my question.
    Yeah that sounds about right.

• If you've transferred artefact powers off of something, but the item remains in your inventory and is resetting yet has no power or tradein value, is there a way to get rid of the now-worthless item?
  • Meriet said:
    If you've transferred artefact powers off of something, but the item remains in your inventory and is resetting yet has no power or tradein value, is there a way to get rid of the now-worthless item?
    If you have an artefact (say, you bought lvl2 strength gauntlets), and you trade the strength off of them later down the line. The gauntles should disappear. If they don't, you can always put them in a pack or something. Or ISSUE yourself.
  • My suremekh'neina did that. Transferred powers off of it and it hung around. Issued myself 10 days ago about it and no response yet. 

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Iaxus said:
    My suremekh'neina did that. Transferred powers off of it and it hung around. Issued myself 10 days ago about it and no response yet. 
    My worry is if I issue over it, they'll fix it so Suremekh'neina disappears on transferring powers... and then people can only get health_regen OR mana_regen from it, not both... :lol: 
  • Regarding earrings of sinope:
    If the purchaser customises it, does it customise both? Can the receiver customise theirs, or would I have to customise it for them? If so, CAN I customise theirs?
  • Meriet said:
    Regarding earrings of sinope:
    If the purchaser customises it, does it customise both? Can the receiver customise theirs, or would I have to customise it for them? If so, CAN I customise theirs?
    You can customize yours. Only the master earring can be customized, as far as I know. But you might be able to email the CUSTOMISATION team to get the earring partner customised on your behalf.

I don't know what happens with earring trades though.
  • The partner earring can be customised by who it's given to currently. Keep in mind, if the earring transfers the design doesn't reset. There's a few customised ones that have made their rounds in Mhaldor because designs don't change even if partners do.
  • I still have Minifie's partnered earring: a dragon-shaped cuff earring. One day they'll pick someone else.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• edited August 2020
    Does $dir in denizen movement have to be separated, or could I put $dirwards to get inwards, outwards, northwards, etc?

Also, are ship kittens not able to be named or picked up by anyone, or is it a matter of ship ownership?
  • If a guy joins the Dauntless is it gonna be a constant onslaught from the upper tier fighters jumping me constantly because they can clap me? 
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Yes   
  • Estinien said:
    If a guy joins the Dauntless is it gonna be a constant onslaught from the upper tier fighters jumping me constantly because they can clap me? 
    Yes until you prove that you can and will fight back, and can do it even semi-successfully. Usually people just jump you a couple times and leave you alone for a bit, though there are people who are a little too intent on just making your life not fun (via constant ganking) until you leave dauntless/mark. 

Jumpy said:

• Am I missing something? I even went and killed all the mobs in the Fire main base for good measure.

• Saonji said:
    Am I missing something? I even went and killed all the mobs in the Fire main base for good measure.

Just keep killing till it works, the rank name won't change again but you have to max out the hatred rank too.
  • "- Shortnames for snake/ and falcon/ have been added."

What does this mean?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Antonius said:
    "- Shortnames for snake/ and falcon/ have been added."

What does this mean?
    I'm also wondering about this.

• RomRom
    edited August 2020
    Kresslack said:
    Antonius said:

What does this mean?
     https://www.achaea.com/game-help/?id=1520
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Antonius said:
    Rom said:
    Kresslack said:
    Antonius said:

What does this mean?
     https://www.achaea.com/game-help/?id=1520
    I had no idea this was a thing.

CHANGES NEWS #3  

- Item shortnames have been added for easier item handling. See HELP SHORTNAMES for details!
  • Are changes, new mechanics, new features being implemented with corresponding IC story? I may just be romanticizing things or if it's me having a bad case of nostalgia, but I can't shake the feeling that newer stuff that gets implemented doesn't have the same in-depth roleplay tie-in. 
  • If story is warranted, yes.

New Occultist stuff was given through an event with the Chaos Court. Only for Ashtan's eyes, though.
    Oppression was done through an event with Sartan. Again, only for Mhaldor's eyes.
    Zeal was an event for Targossas with angels (iirc).
    Sublimation was for Hashan from the Tsol'teth.

Classleads and stuff, no, and that's a good thing.

• Saonji said:
    If story is warranted, yes.

New Occultist stuff was given through an event with the Chaos Court. Only for Ashtan's eyes, though.
    Oppression was done through an event with Sartan. Again, only for Mhaldor's eyes.
    Zeal was an event for Targossas with angels (iirc).
    Sublimation was for Hashan from the Tsol'teth.

Classleads and stuff, no, and that's a good thing.
    Zeal was from a dead phoenix. Or something. Yes, a phoenix died.

Shamans had an event for gaining the ability to remove rites from a room.

The most (major) class shift I think I've seen that didn't have a lot of RP around it was tradeskills getting removed from classes and made into.. well. tradeskills.

I think Shamans had an event for spiritlore, but that is about all I can recall.
  • I had a quick question regarding cities and activity. Dieg was a Mhaldorian years ago for just a couple weeks, and I think I'm better off with a fresh start to the game altogether.

I plan to start a new neutralish/goodish character, and I like the idea of not being locked away from many places in the world. I briefly spent some time in Targossas, and while the crowd has been welcoming, I also recognize that Mhaldor and Ashtan (maybe Hashan or Eleusis?) and their population will be off-limits. 

I was entertaining the idea of joining Cyrene. It has a very large population from what I've seen of counting city affiliations in QW. I want to get involved with hunting in groups, and seafaring, and even some PvP in a friendly community. It seems like there's some of this going on in Targ, but I figured with double the population it might be easier for me to find groups doing this stuff in Cyrene. Maybe the less militant environment makes for a better fit for a newbie? Eager and willing to learn, but likely quite slow at it. 

I wanted to ask for advice on your collective experience. Am I following the right track in my line of thinking? Or have I misjudged what Cyrene is like? I don't mean for this to invite "my city is good and yours sucks!" responses, but rather maybe a suggestion of why Cyrene / Targossas might be a better fit for me?

Thanks! I hope I asked in the right place, it seemed to simple of a question to merit its own thread.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    U get lots of chicks in cyrene so I've heard
  • I agree with @Kog up above. Eleusis, Ashtan, and Hashan can also provide a pretty wide-open experience and you would be banned from few or no other cities as long as you don't raid.