Artifact Cart Discounts

Does anyone know what the additional amount is that that specific categories are being discounted? I am planning on buying the L2 rapier when bard class artifacts come up on the 9th, just curious what the additional amount is? I'm hoping to be able to buy the L2 rapier, L1 belt, and L1 bracelets.

Comments

• It appears to be a 10% off of the actual credit price for the artefact. (400cr becomes 360cr, etc).  This appears to stack with the 30% off and 10% off for membership, meaning that if you buy things in the right time, you can get the artefacts you want for half-off what they would normally be. Which is a steal.

Sadly, your house/city won't get credits, but what can you do.
  • Adrik said:
    ....you can get the artefacts you want for half-off what they would normally be. Which is a steal.

Price anchoring working wonders on this community I see  =)
  • Thaisen said:
    Adrik said:
    ....you can get the artefacts you want for half-off what they would normally be. Which is a steal.

Oh no! A company that treats its consumers with dignity and respect is using a common marketing tactic that is 100% transparent to help them put food on the table.

Pitchfork! Someone fetch my pitchfork!

The artiecart is a great promo for those of us who want to support Achaea and nab an Artie we’ve been eying.
  • Thaisen said:
    Adrik said:

You can call it whatever strategy you want. All that matters to me is right now, even if I didn't wait until tomorrow when the bard stuff goes further on sale, I can get a L2 weapon, L1 bracelet, and L1 belt for $20 more than what I would pay normally for just the weapon. It let's me spend the same amount and support Achaea as well and getting a few more toys with my money. So congrats to them for hooking me!

Adrik said:
    It appears to be a 10% off of the actual credit price for the artefact. (400cr becomes 360cr, etc).  This appears to stack with the 30% off and 10% off for membership, meaning that if you buy things in the right time, you can get the artefacts you want for half-off what they would normally be. Which is a steal.

Sadly, your house/city won't get credits, but what can you do.
    Thanks for the info! As for house/city credits, I am sure there will be plenty of times to come when I buy straight credits and they will benefit from that.  =)
  • Thaisen said:
    Adrik said:

Shoot. This would be the time for me to decide upon and take a  second class, eh?

Help me!

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Eryl said:
    Thaisen said:
    Adrik said:

Oh no! A company that treats its consumers with dignity and respect is using a common marketing tactic that is 100% transparent to help them put food on the table.

Pitchfork! Someone fetch my pitchfork!

The artiecart is a great promo for those of us who want to support Achaea and nab an Artie we’ve been eying.
    Calm your tits bootlicker... just making an observation. I don’t give a shit what you do with your money.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Thank you to the whales who keep this game going!
  • Thaisen said:
    Adrik said:

I did not say that it was a steal in regards to literally any other real world p2w service. It's a steal in regards to Achaea itself. Buying arties for half-off is basically never a bad thing if you were going to buy them regardless.
  • Arti-cart is fine, the cost of credits are expensive, but that's fine because the game isn't going to get hundreds of thousands of players to survive off simple subs and small mtx. Seeing 250 bucks for a level 1 artie, but you can get one for 125 this month on special is the same as seeing a 50% discount at your local shop.

The actual issue is "250 bucks can get you a level 1 artie, but 250 bucks MAY get you two!" and then you get slightly over 250 bucks of bound credits. . . That don't benefit both your city and house, being bound are less robust. . . Gambling is the issue, if every month was +credits, defined items that you get at spend tiers, perhaps even normal items for sale for raw cash on special, these are all fine because it puts full control in the customer's hands to know how much they spend and the return they receive. Gambling, RNG or luck-based mechanics rip away the autonomy of the customer, and replace it with hitting addiction receptors instead, some people will get that sweet mega-bucks reward, some will barely break even, some in between, but you will NOT go into your purchase knowing you'll spend 250 bucks, and get the same as that artiecart 250 bucks, maybe 500, maybe 125. 
  • I like the artefact cart. If one has the disposable income to spend on a hobby, what's the harm in helping support the hobby with real money? While it is expensive for some, certainly, it isn't the end of the world for some others. 
  • Promo isn't globes/giftbags, therefore the promo sucks.

You can't change my mind.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    Promo isn't globes/giftbags, therefore the promo sucks.

WTF are you talking about?

Stockings are the only promo.
  • edited August 2020
    Eryl said:
    Saonji said:

Yeah okay, bud.

Next you're gonna say something more stupid like, "The Earth is round."

• Saonji said:
    Eryl said:
    Saonji said:

Yeah okay, bud.

Next you're gonna say something more stupid like, "The Earth is round."
    You mean it's not??  :o
  • It's not. One of the many tricks the lizard people have tried playing on everyone.

• The Xoran are real?! The show "V" was a documentary?!  :o
  • edited August 2020
    Xoran aren't real. They're three gnomes inside a lizard suit.

• Anyone know how often they do the artifact cart promotion?
  • Kemzu said:
    Anyone know how often they do the artifact cart promotion?
    I'm not sure, this is my first time. I assumed it was a new thing? 
  • Kzir said:
    Kemzu said:
    It's not new. It's like once/twice a year, depending on what other promotions they have.
  • Vhaynna said:
    Kzir said:
    Kemzu said:
    It's not new. It's like once/twice a year, depending on what other promotions they have.
    So I have time to save up more cash for even better arties next round! Woohoo!
  • Kemzu said:
    Vhaynna said:
    Kzir said:
    Kemzu said:
    Oh you sweet naive child.

Allow me to enlighten you to the joke: In December, we get the "stockings" promo for Christmas.

It is possible to get literally double what you put into it.
  • Eryl said:
    Kemzu said:
    Vhaynna said:
    Kzir said:
    Kemzu said:
    Oh you sweet naive child.

Allow me to enlighten you to the joke: In December, we get the "stockings" promo for Christmas.

It is possible to get literally double what you put into it.
    Possible but not guaranteed. Why do that when I can just set aside the money and buy the artifacts I want for cheaper and not risk anything at all? Guaranteed success.
  • Buying them in bulk (15-20+) you're always gonna beat the odds. It's possible to get 3-4x back if you're super lucky. 2x is practically guaranteed if you're buying more than a couple.

Globes/giftbags are significantly better than articart.

• Saonji said:
    Buying them in bulk (15-20+) you're always gonna beat the odds. It's possible to get 3-4x back if you're super lucky. 2x is practically guaranteed if you're buying more than a couple.

Globes/giftbags are significantly better than articart.
    So based upon previous messages, should I get globes, or just wait and go big when stockings come up? Which is going to be best bang for the buck?
  • They're both good choices. Depends if you feel like waiting until December for stockings, as those may have slightly better returns due to the platinum stockings (I think that's what they're called?) that can only be opened at the end of the promo.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Globes are good value and stockings are pretty random still. I personally wouldn't wait the 3-4 months for stockings.

Only ever open globes during the "special prize" part.

• I wouldn't consider any gambling "good value", I'd probably just grind, at least consistent and you don't get roped into buying 50, getting some pretty bare minimum prizes then starting the continual fluctuation of "one more hit".
  • I issued because I didn't know what  "an unusual hourglass", and then opened 5 globes that all had unusual hourglasses. 

I think I'll issue myself for "What is a glowing interlocked cache?" next. 
  • Paux said:
    I issued because I didn't know what  "an unusual hourglass", and then opened 5 globes that all had unusual hourglasses. 

I think I'll issue myself for "What is a glowing interlocked cache?" next. 
    TALISMAN INFO HOURGLASS - just tradein for bound credits, maybe keep one for fun
    HELP PROMOTIONS - cache opens for a random talisman piece.

Please do some searching, ask peers IG, or ask here/discord/ooc clans before using up admin time on issues...
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Thank you. I guess I was unclear; I got an answer already.

I was just making an observation of the coincidence that I issued about something abd then got that thing again and again, then made the joke that I should issue about something valuable next time. 

As for the last bit,  I sought answers from many sources prior to issuing. I'll admit to skipping Discord and OOC clans.