What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Namino said:
    I'm an assassin so I make gold by killing people so I shouldn't allowed to use automated curing which directly nets me gold.

Shrub me you cowards.
    Automatic curing isn't actually mentioned in the help related to automation, although it could be inferred. I think it boils down to common sense. If you can walk away and your script will make you walk around an area/areas extracting, prospecting (a provided example, actually), gathering, hunting, or what have you, then you are in the wrong. I think curing at least is easily argued against since Achaea itself provides a system for that so all similar non-first-party systems are exempt unless you use funky running away mechanics to random rooms, I would guess.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Aegoth said:
    If the issue is automation, why isn't Penwize/Seragorn/all of Targossas/Cyrene/Eleusis shrubbed for combat automation?
    imagine being this jaded
  • edited August 2020
    I've jumped people who were bashing before, and literally while I'm attacking, or while they're halfway locked, they'll kill the denizen, move rooms, and start attacking the denizen in the next room, then die and be unresponsive for 5 minutes.

Issued the person and nothing happened. Seen a lot of people who do this.

It's just total randomness who gets shrubbed for it.

• Don’t have ram-shackle automation, make sure it’s thorough, that’s how you turn the game into text cookie-clicker and not get pinged for it.
  • edited August 2020
    Proficy said:
    Got shrubbed for not seeing lycon send me a single line tell while extracting....

Guess I need to get good like other people and automate reactions..

#1 for the consistent and fair admin team
    Should make you feel better knowing I've ISSUE ME'd about 5 people auto-bashing Moghedu and just get a "thanks for reporting" msg only to see them the rest of the week doing the same.

• Santar said:
    I've jumped people who were bashing before, and literally while I'm attacking, or while they're halfway locked, they'll kill the denizen, move rooms, and start attacking the denizen in the next room, then die and be unresponsive for 5 minutes.

Issued the person and nothing happened. Seen a lot of people who do this.

It's just total randomness who gets shrubbed for it.
    This. 

• The idea that people are cheating and getting away with it is terrible.
  • If you've ever tried to talk to Proficy while he's even afk in Lichlord that's apparent. Guy misses me try to get his attention to pass him comms even while standing still.
  • edited August 2020
    Sobriquet said:
    How come no one has addressed the Elephant in the room?

Proficy has no chat window.

Just his Discord browser for the call to arms during raids,  Amirite?!

My homemade one is literally to get every channel except like.. 4, off the main screen and away from my face.  I've missed so many conversations.  I figure if it's important, someone will send a TELL.

• Garros said:
    Over the last few days: I  was made an aide to culture, got level 88, spent hours counting elord prep wrong because I forgot the bypass takes away a level of shaping, explored Annwyn and loved it, and got my first double whc, which was beautifully murderous.
    Wow, that's an awesome string of achievements, congrats!
  • Aegoth said:
    If the issue is automation, why isn't Penwize/Seragorn/all of Targossas/Cyrene/Eleusis shrubbed for combat automation?
    Don't forget the folks who have it scripted to ... oh, never mind. "It's complicated."

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited August 2020
    The GO command stopped working and I almost died.

I bugged it, but I'm also gonna tag @Makarios and @Ictinus because this is not just affecting me :(

ETA:
    Message #1868       Sent by Achaea
    2020/8/03/21:18 Your bug report (detail: Help! the GO command is not working. When I try to GO
    <direction>, I get a "there is no exit in that direction" message!) - has been fixed.
  • Raided Mhaldor with a few too many people. I tried messaging to see if they'd rather we leave, and we didn't force the fight, so hopefully it's fine, but we'll try and get fairer numbers next time. We still got our whole group killed just trying to get out of the city post-tank, so clearly we've got stuff to work on, too.

Thanks to Mhaldor for being good sports about it and coming to fight all the same!
  • Discovered I've got decent luck this month. Bought my second cache.

As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.

You have been awarded with The torso of a figurine of the suffering Maya talisman piece!

• Keorin said:
    Raided Mhaldor with a few too many people. I tried messaging to see if they'd rather we leave, and we didn't force the fight, so hopefully it's fine, but we'll try and get fairer numbers next time. We still got our whole group killed just trying to get out of the city post-tank, so clearly we've got stuff to work on, too.

Thanks to Mhaldor for being good sports about it and coming to fight all the same!
    You shouldn’t be so worried about every raid being some perfect balance of fun encompassed for all players, indeed you’ll never do it everytime outside of teeing up raids days before hand, the sporradic nature of these things means someone will always be “on the back foot” and in a position of being upset about it.

The position to avoid is, “we do not have enough to guarantee winning, we may lose so best avoid any fights whatsoever”. Getting slapped around because you go balls deep without anywhere near enough is something to also be willing to engage, avoid that and most players won’t give 2 shits when you raid with a big force, because shoe on the other foot you also cop it. 
  • edited August 2020
    Though I don't really get to do Kesh anymore, (we always seem to get Icosse or Borgron), I'm usually always on harpoon duty because I'm a squish.. but today

A blood-curdling shriek rips through your ears as Aran'Kesh, the Fleshrender finally expires, his death knell shrill enough to dislodge the blocked pass, freeing passage down the mountain anew.
    You have slain Aran'Kesh, the Fleshrender, retrieving the corpse.
    A monarch's ransom of golden sovereigns spills from the corpse, flying into your hands before they can reach the ground.
    You have found The down from a feather of Aran'Kesh (level 1) talisman piece!

Edit: And also! After lots of saving - You pay 500 credits and receive an Offspring Talisman.
  • Participated in a House to House group combat practice.

Learned that I'm going to almost always be focused at first.

Made peace with my fate.

Learned how to run.

Learned I could avoid my fate if I run.

All in all, it was a fun skirmish!
  • Marmidon said:
    A truly new player to MUDs and Achaea here. Been playing for about a week.

Today has been great - I have learned how to configure reflexes, so I can finally quickly pick up gold. I have also learned I can use an ability to FOCUS SPEED to increase speed of my next attack, and thank to reflexes, I was able to configure it.

And finally, I found a mentor.
    awesome and welcome!
  • Sorry for blowing you up with Brarra.

It just keeps happening. :(
  • Gallida said:
    Sorry for blowing you up with Brarra.

It just keeps happening. :(
    You will not be forgiven >:(
  • this only makes sense to some people.. who know of my... uh feelings towards this skill...

Furnishing                  100%  #########################  Transcendent |

ngl.. feel a little dirty

• Stepping forward nimbly, you slam your head towards a rugged explorer.
    You connect, stunning yourself momentarily!
    You have slain a rugged explorer, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 85.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 1st Circle of Celestial Power.
    You have received 21 Bound Credits!
    A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.