Quick Questions

Comments

• edited August 2020
    I'd love to have Seileth reset at the clocktower, but I'm not sure how much that'd cost, and I'd need a ton of permissions from the city probably... :lol: So for now she's just claiming it as her not-a-home-home and leaving when told. Depending on how expensive it is to have a pet reset somewhere specific, I might have to instead just mask the 'Meriet drops x' and put something else instead.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Ryssa said:
    Penwize said:
     I find the notion of me just randomly dropping 5 giant eagles to be a bit silly, so I avoid that as much as possible!  Besides, they're big eagles, they can get around just fine on their own.

@Dunn's dog Naram is the same if I recall correctly.  He can call Naram to his room, and Naram resets to the bog of Ashtan.  Don't think I've ever seen him drop him.
    Exactly! It's just illogical, and silly, to drop a half ton quadruped. 

There's only one room I'd want it to reset to, one of Ryssa favorite places in a forest, which is the same room Spyrna was killed in... I heard that cost a lot though? And since it's in a forest, and claimable by a druid, it may conflict with things.
    Remember you can also dress the drop action. 
    DROP MOUNT  : whistles loudly, her call answered before long by @thing.

Another option is to have an actual drop reaction to supersede the standard one, which you could dress to your preferences. 

One of the things I love so much about the Aegean wyvern mount is that dropping them actually looks as if they are descending from the sky. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I never thought about it, I always use whistle to grab Vetrize. I’ll actually probably start doing what Shirszae suggested with the drop action. That’s a good idea.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • drop mount : hurls an orange-sized, two-toned ball outwards, crying out, "I choose you, <mount>!" as she does.
  • Shirszae said:
    One of the things I love so much about the Aegean wyvern mount is that dropping them actually looks as if they are descending from the sky. 
    This mount is gorgeous, and might be my favourite in the game.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• Anyone know how the supreme collections caches work?

On ARTSEARCH it says this:
    A supreme collections cache: 50 Credits
    - A cache that you can OPEN for a random minipet from any COLLECTION!
    But when I go to open it, it tells me:

This cache cannot be opened for that talisman set.
    Options are woodland.

Am I stuck with having to open it for woodland? I think I got mine from free Wheel spins, if that matters.
    Some of the wheel ones opened only for woodlands, and others opened for other things. Not sure whether that was intended or not but I think so. 

• So, I've ran into the rookie mistake of making my character be from somewhere with very minimal lore/story/explanation surrounding it... Would there be somewhere I could email to get more information lain out to better explain things in-character, or? I don't want to change my character's origins at all, to be clear, I just want to better represent things about them and not make stuff up entirely that admins might tell me off for later on.
  • Meriet said:
    So, I've ran into the rookie mistake of making my character be from somewhere with very minimal lore/story/explanation surrounding it... Would there be somewhere I could email to get more information lain out to better explain things in-character, or? I don't want to change my character's origins at all, to be clear, I just want to better represent things about them and not make stuff up entirely that admins might tell me off for later on.
    Sounds like your character has some soul-searching to do.

She can't do that through an email!
  • edited August 2020
    I'm afraid I don't understand? I don't mean her city, I mean like, "I was born in x place" except that place has no information on anything like environment, traditions, weather, layout, even much of a name, etc, so when people ask I have to either just be like "haha IDK" which is weird or make something vague up which might be disputed later on if more info is released. She isn't needing to search for what's right for her, she already knows she belongs in Cyrene but this isn't about Cyrene, it's about already set-in-stone backstory stuff.

To clarify, I do not want to change her backstory at all, and will not, I just need to know how I can get more information about it or if I should just make stuff up. :sweat_smile:
  • Typically you could email rp@achaea.com (is that right?)

What is the specific area, though? You could try looking at NPCs there to get an idea of what sort of real world culture they most closely represent.. and the weather there could be figured out from FORECAST throughout the months.

Though, considering you say layout... that might mean that it's no actually an accessible part of the world (which raises it's own problems).
  • It's accessible, it's just a smaller area you don't see too much of, and I'm embarrassed about my RP and don't want to come across as one of those "I was born in Celestia and I'm half angel" kinda RP'ers so I'm not speaking too openly about it. >>;
    That's a helpful few tips though, I'll look about the area on my offtime and make some observations and extrapolate a bit, then maybe email if I need extra tips.

• Meriet said:
    It's accessible, it's just a smaller area you don't see too much of, and I'm embarrassed about my RP and don't want to come across as one of those "I was born in Celestia and I'm half angel" kinda RP'ers so I'm not speaking too openly about it. >>;
    That's a helpful few tips though, I'll look about the area on my offtime and make some observations and extrapolate a bit, then maybe email if I need extra tips.

It's sad that I know exactly who you're talking about.

But yeah, if you need any help, don't feel bad about dropping an ooc msg to me in game. I'll take a look and see if I can help as well.
    Meriet said:
    So, I've ran into the rookie mistake of making my character be from somewhere with very minimal lore/story/explanation surrounding it... Would there be somewhere I could email to get more information lain out to better explain things in-character, or? I don't want to change my character's origins at all, to be clear, I just want to better represent things about them and not make stuff up entirely that admins might tell me off for later on.
    I think that this is something you more or less encounter whenever you make being from any denizen village part of your background. Even the most reasonably well explored and documented are still rather sparse in details when it comes to specifics day to day things or cultural habits. I don't think there's anything wrong with extrapolating from what you see and otherwise getting creative with the cues provided so long as you obviously don't go full Celestia. 

Even if the unlikeliest happens and an event later on directly contradicts you in broad strokes, youll probably still be able toosalvage the important details of your story while making it mesh with the official stance. 

• I also don't think there's anything wrong with making reasonable extrapolations and I don't think a lot of people will remember down the line and have the bad manners to go ahah you're not really from x place after all! (though that may also be a fun storyline to run away with). Something I've generally found out about rp (moreso in tabletop but I feel it applies a little in here too) is that it's mostly , confidence, improvisation, and how fun it is that makes or break it.
  • As others have said take a look and draw what conclusions you can.  Anything else is free game for you to make up (within reason).  A lot of people get caught up trying to be 100% correct in their rp when it's very hard to do.  If the information doesn't exist it's up to us to write it.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Torinn said:
    As others have said take a look and draw what conclusions you can.  Anything else is free game for you to make up (within reason).  A lot of people get caught up trying to be 100% correct in their rp when it's very hard to do.  If the information doesn't exist it's up to us to write it.
    Not only this, but in my opinion (and experience) where your character started isn't nearly as important (to most people it seems) as where your character is going or ends up. For instance, my character's backstory is from a small tribal village in the lands that was raided and lead to my character's young self being picked up and tended to by a passing caravan, where he eventually found himself in Hashan and was adopted. The rest from there is a long story and a lot of history and adventure, the breadth and depth of which far eclipses the starting point of my character's story.

• Kresslack said:
    Torinn said:
    As others have said take a look and draw what conclusions you can.  Anything else is free game for you to make up (within reason).  A lot of people get caught up trying to be 100% correct in their rp when it's very hard to do.  If the information doesn't exist it's up to us to write it.
    Not only this, but in my opinion (and experience) where your character started isn't nearly as important (to most people it seems) as where your character is going or ends up. For instance, my character's backstory is from a small tribal village in the lands that was raided and lead to my character's young self being picked up and tended to by a passing caravan, where he eventually found himself in Hashan and was adopted. The rest from there is a long story and a lot of history and adventure, the breadth and depth of which far eclipses the starting point of my character's story.
    And even if some bit of lore does change some dire aspect of that village, it is perfectly "salvageable" to say something like 'Well perhaps it was because I was so young, but I don't remember it happening like that..'   or even a 'well <x> may not have been fond of it, but in my household we were never discouraged from trying/doing/playing with/seeking <y>"

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    edited August 2020
    Who gives a shit.  You do you boo boo 
  • Anyone who sets their backstory in any village, or even in most cities, is going to have to make stuff up to fill in the blanks. It's not a bad thing to do, if anything it helps make the world much richer as people roleplay details of places that might not have a lot of super clear societal information just laying out in the open.
  • Keorin said:
    Anyone who sets their backstory in any village, or even in most cities, is going to have to make stuff up to fill in the blanks. It's not a bad thing to do, if anything it helps make the world much richer as people roleplay details of places that might not have a lot of super clear societal information just laying out in the open.
    Prythe came from a far away land where they had a different language. She's lost most of the words, but still remembers a few, as well as some of the bubbe-meises.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

Anyone else ever notice they have trouble going to clouds from Thraasi port? I always seem to where it fails the first two or three times, and I can't figure out why. No other location seems to do this for me.

• Kresslack said:
    Anyone else ever notice they have trouble going to clouds from Thraasi port? I always seem to where it fails the first two or three times, and I can't figure out why. No other location seems to do this for me.
    Thraasi has really bad WInd. You don't see if your own voice gets drowned out, but if you say Duanathar, and your wings don't work. You can safely assume it didn't actually send it.
  • Has happened to me a few times but usually outside Tir. 

Adrik said:
    Kresslack said:
    Thraasi has really bad WInd. You don't see if your own voice gets drowned out, but if you say Duanathar, and your wings don't work. You can safely assume it didn't actually send it.
    Ah, that would explain it then.

• Prythe said:
    Keorin said:
    Anyone who sets their backstory in any village, or even in most cities, is going to have to make stuff up to fill in the blanks. It's not a bad thing to do, if anything it helps make the world much richer as people roleplay details of places that might not have a lot of super clear societal information just laying out in the open.
    Prythe came from a far away land where they had a different language. She's lost most of the words, but still remembers a few, as well as some of the bubbe-meises.
    I sometimes wonder if Darth Vader remembers how to speak Huttese.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• (Achaean Combat Council): @Phaestus says, "You can now WIPE WIELDED to wipe venoms from any wielded weapons."

I know it seems minor, but can we get these things that are mentioned in ACC posted as Announces, or somewhere? There have been many instances of something being altered or added and mentioned on ACC channel, but those of us not in it have to find out way after the fact, if we even find out.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Iaxus said:
    (Achaean Combat Council): @Phaestus says, "You can now WIPE WIELDED to wipe venoms from any wielded weapons."

I know it seems minor, but can we get these things that are mentioned in ACC posted as Announces, or somewhere? There have been many instances of something being altered or added and mentioned on ACC channel, but those of us not in it have to find out way after the fact, if we even find out.

We've already got something in the works for this. Don't worry!
  • Is it this??

I hope the first news post is something like "We've taken @Adrik's suggestion and nerfed the hell out of his foragers. Enjoy!"
  • edited August 2020
    Thaisen said:
    Is it this??

I hope the first news post is something like "We've taken @Adrik's suggestion and nerfed the hell out of his foragers. Enjoy!"
    Don't @ me you filthy peasant.

Though this does raise a good question @Phaestus. Will we be allowed to 'respec' our forager types whenever what fresh-hell is decided for the foragering to come?