Bashing experience scale?

Does anyone know how the experience requirements are going from level to level post 80? At 82 working on 83 and it is definitely taking longer than previous levels. I assume it the experience requirements to level get progressively more, like if it were a chart it would spike up the closer I get to dragon?

Curious to know what I'm in for, if 82-83 takes 3 days, then 83-84 would take 3.5-4 days, etc.

I mostly just bash when watching tv.  

Comments

• Telinus said:
    Thank you, it was difficult to search for using forums search and google with site:forums.achaea.com. Much appreciated.
  • The mid-80s to 92 are definitively the worst part of bashing to dragon: Your experience per hour slows and you don't have the crit rate to start tearing through things.

Once you hit 92, you'll be better off. You're still hitting the same things for less experience, but they die quicker.
  • Gallida said:
    The mid-80s to 92 are definitively the worst part of bashing to dragon: Your experience per hour slows and you don't have the crit rate to start tearing through things.

Once you hit 92, you'll be better off. You're still hitting the same things for less experience, but they die quicker.
    This. All of this. If you can make it to level 92, it's all coasting downhill from there on the way to dragon.
  • Eryl said:
    Gallida said:
    The mid-80s to 92 are definitively the worst part of bashing to dragon: Your experience per hour slows and you don't have the crit rate to start tearing through things.

This. All of this. If you can make it to level 92, it's all coasting downhill from there on the way to dragon.
    That's good to know, thank you @Gallida and @Eryl
  • edited July 2020
    Having gained Dragon 4 times now, I can't say I ever felt the slowdown (and the first 2 were completely unartied). Just keep bashing at a consistent rate, and the levels will continue to come. /shrug

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited July 2020
    My experience with 80 - 85 was, it's very slow because you're not critting a lot yet. Once I reached 86+ I started seeing crits regularly and started clearing faster, resulting in faster exp gains. 
  • Saonji said:
    Having gained Dragon 4 times now, I can't say I ever felt the slowdown (and the first 2 were completely unartied). Just keep bashing at a consistent rate, and the levels will continue to come. /shrug
    Agreed. Twice for me but Sobby has done the equivalent of it about 4 times I think now.. But yes, I think too much is made of XP slow down and getting to Dragon. With changes to the game over the past 5 years there are so many ways to have this sped up, just bash at a consistent rate and you'll get there. 

Also @Kzir take the XP counter out of any prompt or displays (and don't QSC after every kill either!), it genuinely makes it feel faster, or did for me anyway

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Rat until 99.
  • It is nice even now to start seeing criticals happen, sometimes they come too powerful and my bashing rotations get messed up because I mow through stuff too fast. 
  • edited July 2020
    I just noticed your class. Yeah you're probably gonna be noticeably slower regardless of level/arties. Priest bashing has needed a buff for a few years now, but somehow always manages to get skipped when bashing numbers change. It's currently the lowest by quite a huge margin, even compared to SnB.

It's pretty damn tanky, but it hits like a noodle even with crits/arties.

• edited July 2020
    So funny story, priest bashing was actually bugged out and not scaling to strength. Having been fixed very recently, it's now one of the better bashing options, especially at high artefact levels. I think it's awfully close to two-handed for me now.

EDIT: Based on a quick test with the little girl in Tasur'ke, I'm getting two-handed at 496 DPS (19 str), serpent at 494 DPS (19 dex), and priest at 474 dps (20 str). Using somewhat conservative balance times. Level 3s for each.

• edited July 2020
    I have a level 3 mace, but 13 strength so not anywhere close to that.

Are there recent stats for which classes are best once min/maxed? I love the race and flair of Satyr Priest, but curious. I have been meaning to start reading old news posts, would it be in there? 
  • edited July 2020
    Edit: duplicate
  • Serpent is the best basher when min-maxed. Some people have been saying 2H is as good lately but I haven't had a chance to test that yet.

• Str specced Satyr 2H, +1STR, lvl 3 Sword, level 3 pendant, Maya, Crit Paragons and SOA on the fullplate.

I one shot pretty much everything I bash with a WSC and then with the follow up Brage or next attack due to Maya. Not yet seen anything outside of a Foray that doesn't melt to a PRC and follow up too. Balance time is around 2.6s. When I add Hoard Crit bonus and lucky elixir I fly through everything. 

*Lvl 2 hammer too but in anecdotal testing it seems slower. 

• edited July 2020
    I've been enjoying bashing with priest, the battlerage options aren't anything special, but portable passive curing/on-demand heavy healing from empathy can be really useful in areas where I'd otherwise need to hit and run. Also, I can keep trace/watch up if I'm being daring while infamous, and it's one of the classes I'm more comfortable fighting as in the first place.

EDIT: I've got the same maxed out arties and I've tried out most classes for bashing. I think the difference really comes down to personal preference once you get towards the top end of DPS, there's some variation in balance times/defensive resources available and also the concern of overkill. Some classes also have some benefits that aren't reflected in DPS (Shaman for instance is slightly lower DPS but can outright ignore shield. Bard is lower than that but can mostly ignore shield AND can get out of entangles). Serpent has the fastest balance times and two-handed has one of the slowest, priest falls squarely in the middle (most classes do if their DPS is otherwise similar).

• Sobriquet said:
    Str specced Satyr 2H, +1STR, lvl 3 Sword, level 3 pendant, Maya, Crit Paragons and SOA on the fullplate.

I one shot pretty much everything I bash with a WSC and then with the follow up Brage or next attack due to Maya. Not yet seen anything outside of a Foray that doesn't melt to a PRC and follow up too. Balance time is around 2.6s. When I add Hoard Crit bonus and lucky elixir I fly through everything. 

*Lvl 2 hammer too but in anecdotal testing it seems slower. 

I use a level three hammer with seventeen strength and I haven't come across anything I can't one tap with a WSC.
  • edited July 2020
    Cooper said:
    Serpent is the best basher when min-maxed. Some people have been saying 2H is as good lately but I haven't had a chance to test that yet.
    Thiev's tested them quite a bit. Serpent is better over a longer period of time, but the gap isn't incredibly significant. 2h hits hard, yeah, but people gloss over the fact Serpent hits almost 3 times to every 1 hit of a 2hander. He said it felt kind of a waste to bash with 2hander when he already has Serpent. I'll see if I can get him to give me his area runtimes when he's next around.

Serpent becomes incredibly noticeable once you have Maya/Crit Paragons. Without them they're both pretty close, if not equal.

• edited July 2020
    Will test more. 

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Archaeon said:
    Rat until 99.
    I can't remember the name but a few years ago I heard of someone who did that. Really curious as to if it's true, and if so how much gold they would have earned.

• No one has done that, it would be nearly impossible.

I think Carathean did 1-75 on rats back when 75 was the level cap. He got banned for automation though. 

• I think @Kresslack is remembering the guy who did 98.5 or so to 99 on rats. Still took ages though.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Wasn't that Manu?
  • Kuntar hunted a LOT of rats, and got lvl 99 from a rat.  

• Phaestus said:
    Fun fact, reaching level 99 from ratting would require more rat kills than any single player's total denizen kills and player kills combined.

Uhhh.

Slain    : 2856338

Okay, I do not recommend getting level 99 from ratting.

• edited August 2020
    Assuming you only ratted rooms that had 5 rats per room, that would be 571,267 rooms. Being generous and saying 1.5 minutes per room, that works out to 14.3k hours or 595 days of playtime. An average of ~20 gold per rat, that would be 57.13m gold or 4395 credits (at 13000 average). In reality the time taken is gonna be much higher.
    eta: That also ends up at around 4800 rats per day of play time.
    Penwize said:
    Slain    : 2856338

Okay, I do not recommend getting level 99 from ratting.

Assuming Achaea does follow the same exp patterns that Aetolia/Imperian do, wherein the rats give on average about ~450 exp, that works out to 1.29billion exp. Which is a bit over half of what's needed to get 100. About 2/3 of what's needed to get 99.

• W hat is a 2 hander? i don’t know what most of these abbreviations mean. 
  • Two-hander is a knight (Paladin/Runewarden/Infernal) weapon specialization that uses a big two-handed weapon.

It's inexplicably one of the best choices for bashing on a budget.