Combat Logs

Comments

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    it's ok rnjesus payed me back for that 
  • Rnjesus helped you stop leaking?

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• https://ada-young.com/pastebin/-cYTkCoD
    Petition to make impale ticks not trigger deliverance.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

lmao that's hilarious but infuriating
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/A0D9LcTV
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/ipjLZNZf

2 logs where I am at 23 STR (the most you can get without runes) and disemboweling with lvl1 torso damage.  Is there any point to even attempting this any more?
  • Won't comment on the Penwize log, but Proficy we know has algiz and a TF in that log, so resists 25% of that DSB. You'd have to boost your DSB to do 133.33% of his max health to kill him in one shot. Work that out in strength requirements, taking into account steep diminishing returns - about 40 should do it - and set short/long term goals to reach this. 

Jokes aside, you'd need to take him to about 75% with a softlock before setting off the breaks in hopes for a kill. Obviously, Damnation would be more efficient at this point.

Use math before going into these fights and getting yourself mad. I KNOW you know how these mechanics work.
    how am i supposed to use math when i don't have enough fingers and toes to count on
  • edited July 2020
    Damnation is always going to be better at the high end, imo. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    yeah that's all well and good, but as i'm fighting him in 2h almost always i'm going to have lethargy and clumsiness, which is going to screw my attempts over.  not just that, but with tumble and torntendons/isaz/frozen ground getting out of the room is going to be an exercise in futility.
  • edited July 2020
    Tendons is tendons, but isaz is beat by prone/para/stun. You can literally strike low/high and walk out in same action to cause isaz to fail. Or strike low/impale, withdraw/walk out. Isaz is utter trash. 

Point [firelash] at ground beats frozen ground while you spam apply health.
  • And Penwize was Serpent, so same scenario except 10% Scales if not TFed, had to shield to get a lv3 health sip/regen/potash. I really recommend taking health inspector to gauge your pre damage. SNB having the luxury of perma sensi does hurt. At 60-70% set off the kill shot. 
  • edited July 2020
    Made some decent-ish progress with this class. Still a couple of things I could do better, though. Neither of us really wanna play the whole "let's drag this fight out by shielding/running every 3 balances" game, when deathball is so much more fun.

Occultist vs Thoth (and by proxy, probably Apostate, SnB and a few others as well) still feels like it comes down to whether or not you get clumsy procs. If you don't they have a solid shot at outpacing you quickly. I got murdered the next fight when I got 0 procs. :(

Still debating how to do the other strats better. Just used the one I was more confident in right now.

• What is this travesty of city highlights. Varying shades of pink and magenta!?
  • BREAST CANCER AWARENESS, HELLO
  • edited October 2020
    When you're fighting a hydra and every hit makes a new enemy appear: https://ada-young.com/pastebin/1xhURvbE

• I didn't do a whole heck of a lot in this log (well I lit a crucible and died... lol) But it's been a long time since I've seen an Occy ray bomb group. Was like stepping back to 5 years ago... mmm https://ada-young.com/pastebin/dBott_4B
  • I know I’m gonna regret asking this...but does anyone have any juicy 2h logs to share? RW preferred but I’ll take whatevs.
  • @Makarios
    @Nicola

So just a bit raging here, but i wanted to post this log. 

With the Y852 events starting, which will decide the next 2 years of achaea for a lot of things. A last minute batch of changes were implemented literally a few days before they began.... I am not a conspiracy theorist or anything but i find it very convenient that Sentinels got an ungodly upgrade right in time for all of these PK events. A change that has openly been admitted to need to of NOT been implemented by the entire player base, but was decided to not be addressed until AFTER the games.

I could honestly care less about the games, as i am not competing for the staff myself, but this is disgraceful..... and i am literally lowering my head for the decisions made in this process. I dont even need to explain whats being depicted in the log because everyone already knows.

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/HYQgerGw
  • "Venari ceases to wield a banderbow."

I don't know, looks to me like you decided to interfere in Venari taking part in a declared no-pk event. I'm glad you flagged Mak and Nicola on this. Probably the best idea really.
  • I actually agree, here. Adding another passive affliction to the Petrify pool - and one that covers one of Sentinel's biggest counters, at that - effectively reduced the required Petrify affs by one. 

Petrify is now broken until we subtract another passive aff to compensate, the most obvious of which is paranoia.
  • @Proficy @Mizik With how it is right now. I feel like I'm a serpent, that has already sealed you, and instead of locking, its an instant kill.
  • I'd agree that taking paranoia away would be good.
    Just buff all other classes to compete. Seems like the general trend is moving towards fast ttk.
  • Does anyone have any serpent logs they're willing to share? I'm trying to get into serpent combat and have been having troubles. Any help would be awesome!
  • edited February 2021
    Any one or two of these in their own and it'd be a bit meh, but put all together it came off as a little heavy-handed...

1) sent one of the strongest classes in the game a
    already, with multiple class matchups that are simply impossible to lose given optimal play, and already a long list of very viable, fast, and easy killpaths.
    2) Eleusis had a massive lead going into the games
    3) sent only available to Eleusis
    4) buff went in the day before the games started
    5) many requests were submitted and supported for well-justified sentinel nerfs in classleads. Some were approved but, none were implemented (including THROW accuracy being bugged to never miss which is massive).

I mean if sentinels were struggling that'd be one thing but if I had access to Sentinel before this change I'd be a sentinel for sure because it was already way too overbearing primarily thanks to L3 handaxe but also the ease of executing the instakills.

It being so strong is definitely opinion, and could be argued, but you definitely couldn't argue that it was weak or even bottom half - so why give it even easier instakills...

• Vikrama said:
    Does anyone have any serpent logs they're willing to share? I'm trying to get into serpent combat and have been having troubles. Any help would be awesome!
    If you're on good terms with Targossas ping me in game.  Not big on teaching combat out of character.
  • Shecks said:
    It being so strong is definitely opinion, and could be argued
    It's really not. The class is extremely strong.

It's amazing people think the butterfly transfix change isn't a buff. Not only does it make the dismember route more fluid, it also allows forking between petrify and dismember even more easily than it previously was... I mean I guess most Sentinels are autobots who can't tell buffs from nerfs, and just use someone else's offence, but yeah.

• edited February 2021
    Can't deny, it's crazy. The change indeed accidentally broke petrify. 

@Venari serpent don't get that kinda speed without spending time doing hypnosis, there are  more options to defend a serpent than Petrify in its current state.

Good that @Mizik said it will be rebalanced. 
  • It basically already got 'reverted' in a sense, removing paranoia from petrify affs.