Serpent Reflex/Trigger Help?

edited June 2020 in Serpent
Hiya, I'm a budding Cyrenian serpent and I'm looking for help getting started with reflexes and triggers for my class. I don't really know any of them so any help at all would be wonderful! Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2020
    I'm not a serpent myself, but have you sorted yourself out with the resources available to you for managing curing first? That's where I would start: look at Wsys or SVOF (both are available on the forums) so you can better manage/understand/see things on your end, and from there work with a serpent (maybe one from your city) on developing your offense.

Edit: This is assuming you are using Mudlet. If you are on Nexus, there are resources for that too, but I am not familiar with them.
  • I use Nexus, unfortunately. But thank you!

I have CURING ON, CURING AFFLICTIONS ON, and CURING DEFENSES ON with some settings set to optimization.
  • Are you looking for help with making triggers or are you looking for a list of potentially useful things to make triggers for?
  • Antonius said:
    Are you looking for help with making triggers or are you looking for a list of potentially useful things to make triggers for?
    Both to be honest; I know very little about coding, less on how to code the Nexus Client.
  • Basic stuff can be done on the Nexus client with zero coding. Hightlights and keybinds and basic triggers, etc. More complicated things (like automated venom choices or opponent affliction tracking) would require some level of coding experience, and I don't think anybody have any publically available packages that do that (I've been looking). Send me a message or something and I can share what I've got so far for nexus serpent stuff, but really it's all just very simple and you'll end up remaking your own aliases (so you can memorize them better) or maybe even coming up with a better way of doing things. Or if you need help with how to use Nexus without scripting I can help there too.

Once you know how to make basic aliases and triggers, it's just a matter of thinking 'hey I'd really like a short alias/keybind in place of that whole command' or 'man every time this specific thing happens I really wish it was highlighted/I automatically did the same thing every time' and making it happen. It's not that hard.

Aside from some more complicated stuff, just about all of my triggers/aliases/keybinds are made with simplified scripting.
  • Rackham said:
    Basic stuff can be done on the Nexus client with zero coding. Hightlights and keybinds and basic triggers, etc. More complicated things (like automated venom choices or opponent affliction tracking) would require some level of coding experience, and I don't think anybody have any publically available packages that do that (I've been looking). Send me a message or something and I can share what I've got so far for nexus serpent stuff, but really it's all just very simple and you'll end up remaking your own aliases (so you can memorize them better) or maybe even coming up with a better way of doing things. Or if you need help with how to use Nexus without scripting I can help there too.

Once you know how to make basic aliases and triggers, it's just a matter of thinking 'hey I'd really like a short alias/keybind in place of that whole command' or 'man every time this specific thing happens I really wish it was highlighted/I automatically did the same thing every time' and making it happen. It's not that hard.

Aside from some more complicated stuff, just about all of my triggers/aliases/keybinds are made with simplified scripting.
    Thank you, I'll keep this in mind! I switched classes because I decided serpent isn't the class for me.