Combat Logs

Comments

• edited April 2020
    Combat log:

4999h, 3728m, 22911e, 18027w cekdb-
    AFF| PRONE
    Adrik charges in, sword flashing at the ready.
    You writhe and scream as he drives the cruel blade deep into your side.
    [here - Adrik (1)]
    3548h, 3728m, 22911e, 18027w cekdb[pr stun bld(68)]-(-1451h, 29.0%) 
    You are too stunned to be able to do anything.
    3548h, 3728m, 22911e, 18027w cekdb[pr stun bld(68)]-
    AFF| INSOMNIA                                               (0.456s)
    AFF| BLINDNESS
    AFF| DEAFNESS
    AFF| PRONE

Fixated entirely upon its target, Ra'mah, the Corrupted completes its preparations, launching at
    Elon in a flurry of tooth and claws. Your proximity to Elon renders you similarly vulnerable, and 
    the thrashing onslaught opens long wounds in your flesh, from which blood gushes forth in a red 
    tide.
    You have been slain by Ra'mah, the Corrupted.

30s later, another combat log

4999h, 4165m, 23026e, 18047w cekdb-
    AFF| INSOMNIA
    AFF| BLINDNESS
    AFF| DEAFNESS

Fixated entirely upon its target, Ra'mah, the Corrupted completes its preparations, launching at
    Proficy in a flurry of tooth and claws. Your proximity to Proficy renders you similarly vulnerable, 
    and the thrashing onslaught opens long wounds in your flesh, from which blood gushes forth in a red 
    tide.
    You have been slain by Ra'mah, the Corrupted.
    Your starburst tattoo flares as the world is momentarily tinted red. (
  • owned 
  • I guess quit standing so close to them? 
  • Definitely.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Elon draws forth a card depicting Yudhishthira, The Red from his deck, raising it towards the northwest.
    A blast of flame roars forth, annihilating the wall of ice in its entirety.
    Elon walks in Divine Grace. You may not harm him.
    Marcella and Xzanthius arrive, following Armali from the ether.

GG
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    check out this sweet combat log

A brisk wind blows through the area as Krizal appears through the silhouette of a black portal.
    Allsight: Krizal enters Dusty road before the gate of Thera.  (2771)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Haunted ruins of Thera.
    100 | 98.66 BB |  [MClBDk] [10.05.30.973]- 
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    You start to wield a white shield in the fashion of a dragon's head in your left hand.
    Krizal walks in Divine Grace. You may not harm her.
    You glance over Krizal and see that her health is at 8144/8144.
    100 | 97.33 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.05.31.088](-66mp)- 

etc etc

100 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.05.39.679]- 
    Krizal is quickly carried up into the skies.
    100 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.05.43.854]- 
    Allsight: Krizal leaves Dusty road before the gate of Thera.
    100 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.05.45.838]- 
    Allsight: Krizal enters Blacksmith Lane nearing crossroads.  (2783)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Haunted ruins of Thera.
    100 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.05.45.994]- 
    (Party): Achilles says, "Krizal is at Dusty road before the gate of Thera."
    100 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.05.45.994]- 
    Allsight: Krizal leaves Blacksmith Lane nearing crossroads.
    100 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.05.46.154]- 

a few moments later....

Flying above Town intersection by wishing well.
    Seneschal Krizal Nyxillum is here. Her features are obscured by a mask of lifevision. She wields a
    Shield of Absorption in her right hand.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, east, south, and west.
    100 | 99.33 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.04.478]- 
    Flying above Parish Road nearing a well.
    You see exits leading north, south, and west (open door).
    You are breathing lightly.
    100 | 99.33 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.04.646]- 
    Now now, don't be so hasty!
    100 | 99.33 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.04.758]- 
    Now now, don't be so hasty!
    100 | 99.33 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.04.912]- 
    Flying above Town intersection by wishing well.
    Seneschal Krizal Nyxillum is here. Her features are obscured by a mask of lifevision. She wields a
    Shield of Absorption in her right hand.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, east, south, and west.
    You are breathing lightly.
    100 | 99.33 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.05.505]- 
    (Party): Ygia says, "DEMONS up at my location!"
    100 | 99.33 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.05.839]- 
    You have recovered your wind and are breathing normally once again.
    100 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.06.214](+33mp)- 
    You slice into the right leg of Krizal with a gleaming golden longsword.
    You swing your shield around, smashing the temple of Krizal with a backhanded blow.
    You batter at your enemy's defences, seeking an opening.
    100 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.06.537]- Krizal: anorexia, dizziness FOCUSLOCKED.
    Krizal right leg 6.2455886633195
    (Party): You say, "Krizal hit with anorexia, dizziness."
    100 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.06.735]- 
    (Party): Sothantos says, "Target Krizal."
    100 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.07.617]- 
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    You quickly lunge to the side, bringing your shield around to smash into the spine of Krizal.
    The strength of your blows continues to rise as you hammer at your enemy.
    100 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.08.465]- Krizal: stupidity, paralysis FOCUSLOCKED.
    Krizal right leg 12.491177326639
    (Party): You say, "Krizal hit with stupidity, paralysis."
    100 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.08.597]- 
    (Party): Aranos says, "DW KEEP UP HASTE."
    100 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.09.043]- 
    Your body feels as though it is catching aflame from within, your skin bubbling and flaking away
    even as the haze that descends upon the location becomes almost opaque.
    48.12 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.09.196](-3460hp)- 
    You take a drink from a crystal vial.
    The elixir heals and soothes you.
    66.46 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.09.197](+1223hp)- 
    You eat a potash crystal.
    You feel your health and mana replenished.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.09.197](+533hp)- 
    Naoko floats up to your level.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.09.418]- 
    You remove 1 potash, bringing the total in the rift to 7156.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.09.570]- 
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.09.570]- 
    Naoko takes a drink from a black-walnut vial.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.09.724]- 
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.09.725]- 
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.09.877]- 
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.10.035]- 
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.10.189]- 
    You feel a tug at your earring as its mate is summoned.
    Achilles, riding a charcoal black hippogriff, appears, a look of love in his eyes.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.10.341]- 
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.10.341]- 
    74.45 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.10.496]- 
    (Party): Achilles says, "Travelled to Archaeon at Flying above Town intersection by wishing well
    (the haunted ruins of Thera)."
    74.45 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.10.657]- 
    You quickly lunge to the side, bringing your shield around to smash into the spine of Krizal.
    The ferocity of battle drives you to yet greater heights.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.10.811]- Krizal: stupidity, paralysis.
    Krizal right leg 18.736765989959
    Achilles's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    The blade of Achilles is a blur as he moves forward, slicing into Krizal.
    Lunging to the side, Achilles brings his shield around to smash into the spine of Krizal.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.10.992]- 
    (Party): You say, "Krizal hit with stupidity, paralysis."
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.10.993]- 
    Achilles takes a long drag off his pipe.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.11.249]- 
    Planting your feet, you drive the edge of your shield with vicious precision into the throat of
    Krizal.
    The ferocity of your blows renders any defence useless against you.
    74.45 | 100 BB | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.12.690]- Krizal: nausea, asthma.
    Krizal right leg 24.982354653278
    (Party): You say, "Krizal hit with nausea, asthma."
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.13.046]- 
    The blade of Achilles is a blur as he moves forward, slicing into Krizal.
    Horror overcomes Krizal's face as her body stiffens into paralysis.
    Achilles smashes the edge of a flawless mithril shield into the kneecaps of Krizal, causing her to
    stumble.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.13.051]- 
    Veldrin ascends to your level, carried by a force unseen.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.13.051]- 
    Swift death claims Aranos, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.
    Aranos has been slain by Krizal.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.13.511]- 
    Herself has been slain by Krizal.
    Swift death claims Minsideon, his attempts at clutching to life proven futile.
    Swift death claims Shirszae, her attempts at clutching to life proven futile.
    74.45 | 100  | EE [MClBDk] [10.06.13.512]- 
    |DEF|deafness|DEF|blindness|DEF|fangbarrier|DEF|speed|DEF|insomnia|DEF|mindseye|DEF|lifevision|DEF|cloak|DEF|deathsight|DEF|resistance|DEF|weathering|DEF|temperance|DEF|poisonresist|DEF|magicresist|DEF|levitating|DEF|kola|DEF|insulation|DEF|fireresist|DEF|coldresist|DEF|thirdeye|DEF|gripping

The world turns white, a raging force beyond the bounds of mortal control unleashed in a cataclysm
    of destruction.
    You have been slain by Krizal.
    A group of 5 magnesium chips falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 4 potash crystals falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 5 plumbum flakes falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 3 ferrum flakes falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 3 cuprum flakes falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 5 aurum flakes falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 3 stannum flakes falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 2 calamine crystals falls out of your inventory.
    A group of 5 quartz grains falls out of your inventory.
    A headless corpse falls out of your inventory.
    A potash crystal falls out of your inventory.
  • edited April 2020
    Archaeon said:

Clearly this wouldn't have happened if you all just targetted Krizal.

Edited: not trying to fan flames and this isnt the Rants section.

• https://ada-young.com/pastebin/zF8nWvuV

Forged SnB vs BM, not really sure what I could have done here to survive long enough to heal fully. Any help is appreciated.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/zF8nWvuV

Forged SnB vs BM, not really sure what I could have done here to survive long enough to heal fully. Any help is appreciated.
    It looks like you have like three limb counters tracking your hits. Definitely should disable some triggers or something there. Should reduce spam. 

Turn off "show commands sent", or append false to the end of your alias so you don't get slammed with whatever you're sending.  -send("say hi", false) 

Clot more. Don't set any minimum mana level vs bm, just clot clot clot, sip mana, and clot some more.  

There's probably more, but I'm at work so someone else can dissect. 
  • Austere said:

It looks like you have like three limb counters tracking your hits. Definitely should disable some triggers or something there. Should reduce spam. 

Turn off "show commands sent", or append false to the end of your alias so you don't get slammed with whatever you're sending.  -send("say hi", false) 

Clot more. Don't set any minimum mana level vs bm, just clot clot clot, sip mana, and clot some more.  

Only Antonius and svof, and I keep trying to disable svof, it just keeps activating when I open Mudlet and I forget. And okay, I'll stop conserving mana against BM.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Austere said:

Only Antonius and svof, and I keep trying to disable svof, it just keeps activating when I open Mudlet and I forget. And okay, I'll stop conserving mana against BM.
    I highly doubt it's a huge deal, but i found it distracting.  You can disable whole trigger groups with -
    disableTrigger("Awesome svo trigger group")
  • It's not, I only pay attention to the one in the prompt, but yea, it is distracting.
  • You might have gotten away if you had not spammed movement. Hamstring delays, and every time you send the command again before you move it resets the timer. Also, nausea is your friend. If you can stick it and not have to change parry I am pretty sure you can get a dsb off one leg break, though I am not sure if that is fully viable without artifacts.
  • You might have gotten away if you had not spammed movement. Hamstring delays, and every time you send the command again before you move it resets the timer. Also, nausea is your friend. If you can stick it and not have to change parry I am pretty sure you can get a dsb off one leg break, though I am not sure if that is fully viable without artifacts.
    Oh I had no idea it resets timer. And yea, SnB can get a torso dsb with one leg, I’m not worried about killing, just surviving. SnB prep is slow
  • edited June 2020
    You might have gotten away if you had not spammed movement. Hamstring delays, and every time you send the command again before you move it resets the timer. Also, nausea is your friend. If you can stick it and not have to change parry I am pretty sure you can get a dsb off one leg break, though I am not sure if that is fully viable without artifacts.
    Oh I had no idea it resets timer. And yea, SnB can get a torso dsb with one leg, I’m not worried about killing, just surviving. SnB prep is slow
    SnB also has a massive toolkit for turtling!

I didn't look over the whole thing, but I do have advice.  Use shieldstrike better.

Shieldstriking for sensitivity is a great idea, if you're using the sensitivity.  You're not attempting a damage strat during prep here, and the extra kelp affliction isn't helping your aff momentum.  You're effectively wasting your ferocity in this fight.

Three quick ideas for things you can do next fight that will have a large impact:

1. Use the stun shieldstrike as a delayed attack to extend herb balance (since it has its own balance).  This is my favorite thing.  When you have ferocity and see them eat an herb, shieldstrike stun them right before their herb balance is back.  This effectively extends their herb balance.  Latency and variability in serverside can mean your stuns don't land at the right time.  If that happens, best case scenario you stun them before they attack and interrupt their momentum a little.  Worst case scenario, it does nothing, similar to what you're doing now.

2. Use the prone shieldstrike to score an impale right before they attack you.  This will give you loads of time to cure up and get on the front foot again.  Shieldstrike low/impale, cure up.  Bonus: if they're not in the habit of precaching, you won't lose your herb momentum since you can't OUTR while impaled.

3.  Use the prone shieldstrike score a concuss (blackout).  This will piss people off, especially people who rely on their visual limb counter to track their hits.  If someone hits you and they are blacked out, they generally do not get the confirmation line that their attack connected, screwing with their limb counter.  People also panic in blackout, and lots of people will at least diagnose (which can break momentum, albeit slightly).
    just a note, stripping deaf with shieldstrike mid can help a lot for battlecry for a quick break if you're in a shitty situation
  • edited June 2020
    Archaeon said:
    just a note, stripping deaf with shieldstrike mid can help a lot for battlecry for a quick break if you're in a shitty situation
    I think I’d rather use the strike for impale in any of those situations. The impale is going to give you more time to breathe.  I may very well be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the impale writhe will be longer than the battlecry stun.

Something really big to be said that strike/battlecry could be more effective in groups if you have friends who chain off it. That’s something I’ll have to remember!

ETA: 

1. Strike low/impale gave 2.713s of breathing room between the impale and the stand. (4 second balance cost independent of weapon speed)

2. Strike mid/battlecry/targeted arc para gave 2.164s of breathing room between the impale and the stand. (4 second EQ cost, notable because you'll need artefacts to improve this)

When strike/battlecry/para hits, though, someone else could follow up with an impale of their own, effectively creating a hard-cc chain of 4.7s, which is... crazy.
    bcry can be done with prone, along with untargetted arc.  bcry arc curare will give you a bit of breathing room if you're proned, else i would absolutely do impale
  • Archaeon said:
    bcry can be done with prone, along with untargetted arc.  bcry arc curare will give you a bit of breathing room if you're proned, else i would absolutely do impale
    You can't shieldstrike while prone, though.  In that case, you'd need to preemptively strip deaf before you are proned, and that's probably going to be better done without using your big resource.
  • Eryl said:
    You might have gotten away if you had not spammed movement. Hamstring delays, and every time you send the command again before you move it resets the timer. Also, nausea is your friend. If you can stick it and not have to change parry I am pretty sure you can get a dsb off one leg break, though I am not sure if that is fully viable without artifacts.
    SnB also has a massive toolkit for turtling!

I didn't look over the whole thing, but I do have advice.  Use shieldstrike better.

Shieldstriking for sensitivity is a great idea, if you're using the sensitivity.  You're not attempting a damage strat during prep here, and the extra kelp affliction isn't helping your aff momentum.  You're effectively wasting your ferocity in this fight.

Three quick ideas for things you can do next fight that will have a large impact:

1. Use the stun shieldstrike as a delayed attack to extend herb balance (since it has its own balance).  This is my favorite thing.  When you have ferocity and see them eat an herb, shieldstrike stun them right before their herb balance is back.  This effectively extends their herb balance.  Latency and variability in serverside can mean your stuns don't land at the right time.  If that happens, best case scenario you stun them before they attack and interrupt their momentum a little.  Worst case scenario, it does nothing, similar to what you're doing now.

2. Use the prone shieldstrike to score an impale right before they attack you.  This will give you loads of time to cure up and get on the front foot again.  Shieldstrike low/impale, cure up.  Bonus: if they're not in the habit of precaching, you won't lose your herb momentum since you can't OUTR while impaled.

3.  Use the prone shieldstrike score a concuss (blackout).  This will piss people off, especially people who rely on their visual limb counter to track their hits.  If someone hits you and they are blacked out, they generally do not get the confirmation line that their attack connected, screwing with their limb counter.  People also panic in blackout, and lots of people will at least diagnose (which can break momentum, albeit slightly).
    Oh these are some great ideas! I have changed up my offense a good bit since then, especially with the strikes. I know I was wasting them now, so now I'm using them a bit more smartly and using it to prone + gecko + para with asthma stuck, with a nairat rune so I have a decent chance to stop momentum for a few balances with a little RNG luck.

But that stun strike to extend herb balance, I'm definitely going to work that in. That would help a lot, especially when I'm having trouble sticking asthma. Cool thing too, I can totally work in a prone strike impale with concuss (tested just now, blackout lasts for 3 seconds, so I'd get balance back before it's over so I could get that strike low + impale + concuss in one move). 

Thanks for the tips! I'm slowly improving my offense, it's looking really nice now. Gonna make it even better
  • Or not, can't concuss on the impale :?
  • No, you can only club.
  • Concuss needs a broken leg, pretty sure.
  • No, you just can't combo anything with impale besides club.
  • edited June 2020
    You can’t strike/impale/concuss.

You can strike/concuss. Concuss only has the condition of prone.

You can, however, strike/concuss with a prepped leg while they are off tree balance, and the follow up break/trip is hidden by blackout.

Edit: @Reyson, I think club is what takes a broken limb. Fun fact, it will work on an arm. You can break an arm, strike low/impale/club and get a guaranteed dsb, I think
  • Yes, you can do this.
  • Don't use high, unless your opponent is already undeaf/sensi and euphorbia is stuck. Opponents are almost always off herb balance, and it is very unlikely that .25s stun will proc within the literal instances where herb balance pops up.

Never use prefarar in 1v1 for sensi. Remember, if you're buffering kelp affs and the opponent eats kelp, you'll always want to assume they cured the buffer affs that way you can actually progress into 50/50s for locks. By this logic, if your opponent swaps to kelp you don't want to find yourself just ultimately looping pref/smash. Hope that makes sense. 

Your opponents should always be undeaf in every fight due to strike mid, so you'll never find yourself in a situation where you need to save ferocity to strike mid/battlecry. As has been mentioned, battlecry on takedowns or if you're not on 4 ferocity vs momentum, otherwise strike low/impale. 

Only use concuss if you know your opponent can't deal with it well, or if you're not simultaneously pushing softlock. Otherwise you're stalling aff pressure. Remember, unless you're breaking, impaling or know your opponent is a class that can't see attacks in black out, using concuss is the same as not using any shield attack at all. 

Lastly, if you're fighting vs a class that prevents momentum like 2H looping lethargy, clumsy, paralyse and find yourself unable to stick euphorbia, add a check to strike low if opponent doesn't have euphorbia for the free hit on parried limb.

I have 3 modes for striking.

1) post combo strike - aff pressure, don't need low parry bypass, but always low if venom is gecko, slike, or if opponent has slike stuck. Basically the default if I'm not targeting a limb or I'm fighting low hinder classes. This also means I'm striking one combo sooner.

2) pre combo strike no concuss - always low > mid. Can't stick illness, need bypass + 2 affs.

3) pre combo strike + concuss - fighting vs limb class or class that has attacks hidden. Don't need affs.
  • Ok so I totally fucking choked this spar. I changed up my offense a good bit and added some of your suggestions, haven't gotten around to figuring it all out, but. 

I think I'm doing pretty good now, but right here I just completely fumbled the bag.

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/77fN3lsq
    [SS] got sensitivity
    A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    91.27 | 95.36  | EE [MClBk] [23.12.28.856][wfrc(3) IMPAL PRON crib(4) SENSI rll1 PARA brll]- 
    [SS] lost impaled
    With a vicious snarl Proficy carves a merciless swathe through your steaming guts. You gurgle and
    choke as he withdraws his dripping blade, glistening with gore.
    17.06 | 95.36  | EE [MClBk] [23.12.28.857][wfrc(3) PRON crib(4) SENSI rll1 PARA brll](-5462hp)- 
  • Archaeon said:
    [SS] got sensitivity
    A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    91.27 | 95.36  | EE [MClBk] [23.12.28.856][wfrc(3) IMPAL PRON crib(4) SENSI rll1 PARA brll]- 
    [SS] lost impaled
    With a vicious snarl Proficy carves a merciless swathe through your steaming guts. You gurgle and
    choke as he withdraws his dripping blade, glistening with gore.
    17.06 | 95.36  | EE [MClBk] [23.12.28.857][wfrc(3) PRON crib(4) SENSI rll1 PARA brll](-5462hp)- 
    damn how unluck