We Draw Our Characters

Comments

• Meriet said:

I've been having fun with Achaea, so I decided to get a picture of Meriet... Here's the tired sickly corpsedwarf in all her glory, with Reigning Dragon at her side. @Adirosette on Twitter did this for me. <3
    I’m going to start sending meriet mhun steaks to help her iron deficiency.
  • Hahaha! She likely could do with it! <3
  • so, I have about three weeks right now with a lighter course load before my summer job and/or internship. Was wondering if there was any interest in commissions- Achaean or otherwise. I'm pretty versatile in media and subject matter. I won't do digital paint (because I'm too new to that) or oil paint (putzy and expensive) or anything like. Lewd. But beyond that, basically the world is your oyster. If you are interested, send me a message on forums, or if you use an Achaea discord server with me in it, discord works too. Please don't ask with in game messages, its easier to keep track and also to send sketches in other formats.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Numira said:
     or anything like. Lewd. 
    just lost a customer, good job.
  • Maybe not the best spot for this, but what is expected of somebody who asks for commissions? Like, in game, my character description is relatively sparse because 1) long descriptions sometimes don't even get read and 2) the readers imagination is better than anything I could verbally craft. But, this obviously becomes an issue when I say 'draw me please' and the artist comes up with something different than my mind's eye.

If anybody has experience with this dm me, I wanna maybe get something commissioned soon (forums picture is just me trying to be 'casual modern pirate type' and not exactly what Rackham looks like to me.)
  • Rackham said:
    Maybe not the best spot for this, but what is expected of somebody who asks for commissions? Like, in game, my character description is relatively sparse because 1) long descriptions sometimes don't even get read and 2) the readers imagination is better than anything I could verbally craft. But, this obviously becomes an issue when I say 'draw me please' and the artist comes up with something different than my mind's eye.

If anybody has experience with this dm me, I wanna maybe get something commissioned soon (forums picture is just me trying to be 'casual modern pirate type' and not exactly what Rackham looks like to me.)
    So, just as a person who generally commissions .. It all really depends on the artist! If you are a bit worried about it, I will say that the person I usually get art of Adrik from is really chill with text descs. They also stream so you can watch it in the process of being made so you can voice input on things you really like vs what you imagined a little differently.

Generally speaking, if you're going with a text description for your first piece of art of a character, I would absolutely give a nice tip to the artist. Even more so if you like it a lot. The best thing about it is, even if it's not exactly to your liking, if you get a second piece of a character, you can ask for those specific changes that you disliked with the first piece.

DM me if you want the contact deets for the artist I usually go to.
  • Text or verbal descriptions are the norm for me as an artist. I ask lots of questions when I'm drawing a person, and check in with a sketch before I use color. I dunno how other people work. 

also damn @Ryssa, the recent art is so good! (and not just because I'm a sucker for fun uses of light) I have loved watching your skill evolve over the last year or so.
  • Here is @Paux ! Really pushed me to do better, with anatomy and backgrounds.
    And no fan girling occurred as I drew this >.>

• @Ryssa I should have said to make the outline of the leviathan a little brighter, that way we could see his happy boi smile without needing to squint.

Either way it's nice! I'll need to get another one done at some point :smiley:

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I spent a few minutes trying to spot the leviathan in the background before realizing it was on the sword.  =) So cool!
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • Is ten days a necro?

• So sorry for the double post, here is sleep deprived artwork I made at 2 AM.

• Got some new art of Adrik. I really like this kind of cartoonish style. <3
  • I always imagined you looked like Taric. 

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• My gems aren't merely outrageous, they're fabulous!
  • Holy crap... ouch... Such emotion. <3:(
  • Ok whoever killed Ryssa's horse... you're awful :(
  • I did it. She left out the smoldering char marks though