Mhaldor vs Targossas

Comments

• What are you all even talking about? I assume people from Mhaldor and Targ log off to go to sleep/work/etc.

Let's make it simpler. Maybe one org have big number, other org have small number. If tank capture counts for points, big org smash small org, capture tank, score point.

This way big org no score when steal tanks.

Everybody's awful touchy about numbers though, what's that all about?
  • Mhaldor got guard bashed about 0-30 minutes before this post and people reading the thread conflated your post with it, probably. 
  • Guys, guys, can we go argue about numbers in the Rants? We can make a whole "The battle of the Numbers" thread there, and leave this one for constructive feedback and maybe raves about the war system?

For example: I enjoy the way sanctions are up in both cities at the same time. It's a really interesting dynamic that forces you to keep an eye on your own city or you get blown up without knowing (which I hear is what happened). Opens up a few tactical options, so I like this! 

That, and every skirmish can lead into a raid now. Pretty cool!
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Oh, I see. Yeah, it's probably best not to mention numbers at all. TRIGGER WARNING

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • As it stands, I would suggest looking at Ama-maalier, because breathraining any enemy location poses upside (kills) and almost no downside, since deaths to guards don't count towards the kill count, I think. So there's no reason not to do it, and while, sure, throwing ourselves at each other for rains is okay, it seems like a goofy mechanic to create situations wherein you can kill people without suffering much of a consequence if it doesn't work. Especially since I can be breathraining for one person who's infamous, and if it happens to hit non-infamous people, or people I don't have a bounty or contract on, weeeeeeell. That's just life, right? 

I dunno. Seems weird to me. 
  • Kog said:

This is always the argument every single time...and will continue to be until the servers die. This is the way.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Reyson said:
    As it stands, I would suggest looking at Ama-maalier, because breathraining any enemy location poses upside (kills) and almost no downside, since deaths to guards don't count towards the kill count, I think. So there's no reason not to do it, and while, sure, throwing ourselves at each other for rains is okay, it seems like a goofy mechanic to create situations wherein you can kill people without suffering much of a consequence if it doesn't work. Especially since I can be breathraining for one person who's infamous, and if it happens to hit non-infamous people, or people I don't have a bounty or contract on, weeeeeeell. That's just life, right? 

dragons using ama kind of also sets a pay gap up as well, people that can afford/want the card can do it but others cant.  i would then suggest that there needs to be a better way to deal with ppl that will just hole up on guards during war. 
  • Reply yes to all. 
  • Thaisen said:
    Kog said:

This is always the argument every single time...and will continue to be until the servers die. This is the way.

I had to lead a raid defense while outnumbered the other day, please nerf. :(
  • Archaeon said:
    Reyson said:
    As it stands, I would suggest looking at Ama-maalier, because breathraining any enemy location poses upside (kills) and almost no downside, since deaths to guards don't count towards the kill count, I think. So there's no reason not to do it, and while, sure, throwing ourselves at each other for rains is okay, it seems like a goofy mechanic to create situations wherein you can kill people without suffering much of a consequence if it doesn't work. Especially since I can be breathraining for one person who's infamous, and if it happens to hit non-infamous people, or people I don't have a bounty or contract on, weeeeeeell. That's just life, right? 

dragons using ama kind of also sets a pay gap up as well, people that can afford/want the card can do it but others cant.  i would then suggest that there needs to be a better way to deal with ppl that will just hole up on guards during war. 
    Think the ship has sailed on pay gaps in Achaean combat...
  • edited June 2020
    Mizik with the crucial D-bomb, some pretty cool split attempts at separating, and sieges in the tank room. Surprised we pulled through that whole ordeal.

Feels weird having our own mercenary, but it's done wonders just for morale, just need to go back to slapping @Proficy when he gets ragey again :angry:

• I have found the chaotic back and forth to be enjoyable thus far.
  • Yeah, let's keep number rants confined to rants. It's never not going to be an argument, so there's no reason to sully a thread that could be used for some good. Targossas did what they did, Mhaldor did what we did. Sanction just ended, so let's leave it at that.

-----------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm more curious about whether tanking the tank room would have done anything. It seems tanking font is completely useless, so what about tank room? 
  • Ictinus said:
    I'm going to be keeping an eye on this thread. Feedback on the system is certainly welcome, arguments about which side had 0.73 more soldiers per square mile are not fun for anyone.

Exactly this happens on the same page, lol.
  • Sothantos said:
    I have found the chaotic back and forth to be enjoyable thus far.
    it was lowkey fun tho wasnt it phew so far im up 16% since the crusade, only 34% to go til level 100 :smiley: im gonna try to get it off only PKs
  • I don't think anyone was arguing about numbers. Just that the moment anything happened, 10+ logged in. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth no matter what side it happens on.
  • edited June 2020
    nvm   
  • Is that a complaint that a horribly uneven guard bash turned into a more balanced engagement that was pretty well back and forth?

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    It was amazing. I'm trying to scroll back up to see everything that happened but it sailed out of my buffer miles and miles ago. Gonna have to double check the log later

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Halos said:
    It was amazing. I'm trying to scroll back up to see everything that happened but it sailed out of my buffer miles and miles ago. Gonna have to double check the log later
    My fullsense relayed the tank room about 30 times telling me "there's people IN there, but uhhh, you don't want to go in there. It's not a party you will enjoy".

So I sat outside and threw you replacement ice for your party, disco lights and some lit tunes. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :(.
  • edited June 2020
    @Ictinus, I think an actual topic worthy of discussion is about the valuation of attrition in this war. I'm not saying that we need to factor in guard bashing, or other means, but when we had our fight the first day- we were only down ten kills. However, as our team was ahead (2 tank detonations, 1 disarm- since captures don't count), that means that the 10 kills outweighed the disarms. 

I'm not sure that an attrition war is necessarily good, as it puts an emphasis on a 'defensive' mentality, staying on guards, even qq'ing to prevent pk to stay in the lead. 

While this is just an opinion, I would value tank detonations/disarms/(even captures) above killing individuals, especially when you can just dbomb, or ama-maalier 10 at a time in certain instances. 

That means that you can take smaller teams and do more risky stuff without worrying about giving half the point value of a disarm away because you died as MoW.

This is just me spitballing on the first newspost. I'm not saying anything done was -wrong- I just would like to see attrition points toned down if they're worth more than actual room detonations/disarms.  
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I'd take numbers out of it and just generate descriptions. You should be able to make them generic enough to fit in for certain degrees of separation: One for ties, one for up to 10% margins, all the way up to "100% margin of victory".
  • Bonus: If you make the news post more vague and focus on margins rather than hard numbers, you avoid the sad yet comedic possibility of "Targossas killed one soldier to no response from Mhaldor" if there's a particularly slow month and also the Rapture happened.
  • Happiest accident ever. I went from going "Oh god Proficy just showed up and ruined everything like I usually do" to "PROFICY IS OUR SAVIOR, ALL HAIL LORD PROFICY, BRINGER OF GUARDS AND RAID JESUS".

• Oh he very nearly lost it for us. #Cruciblepwn

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Ictinus said:
    The newspost is automatically generated and only offers information as a way to provide context, flavour, and an historical record for future use as players desire. It doesn't proffer any information on how important certain things are or whether any one thing is more worthwhile than another.

This is by design and using it to judge anything other than face-value information would be pointless.

There are many factors that go into judging war prowess, and I'd really advise against trying to boil it down to numbers which - as we've seen in prior wars - leads to nothing but tedium as both sides decide they'd rather play the system than play the game. That's not fun for anyone.
    I'd actually advise against having these posts at all for this very reason, or at least making them much more broad strokes than giving them such a war by numbers feel. The way it's worded now absolutely encourages people to game the system, since it's showing them how far ahead they might be in a measurable way.

• Reading this has made me associate Mizik with Jocat's guide to DnD. I can't pick which class suits more for an example so here you go :