What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• You're right... When it involves stuff Aurora made people do, I ought to go more... Light, on the puns.
  • Meriet said:
    You're right... When it involves stuff Aurora made people do, I ought to go more... Light, on the puns.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I am Sir Croaks-a-Lot. I will be the bane of all ships.  Even with only 13000 endurance.
  • Enjoying digging into things, doing quests, digging into random bits of stuff I stumble across to trigger interactions, is a lot more fun than power grinding... and somehow I level faster than when I power grind.

• Astarod said:
    Aurora made me talk about plants. 
    And spiders! Don't forget the spiders.
  • edited June 2020
    I couldn't figure out how to crop -and- embed the video, so my apologies for that. @Rhivona and @Aurora, you two might find interest in 1:03-1:18.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    "I'm not a weeb!"
    - Astarod
  • Astarod said:
    I couldn't figure out how to crop -and- embed the video, so my apologies for that. @Rhivona and @Aurora, you two might find interest in 1:03-1:18.

Who knew the Minister of War couldn't handle a teeny, tiny spider?
  • edited June 2020

Aurora said:
    Astarod said:

Who knew the Minister of War couldn't handle a teeny, tiny spider?

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited June 2020

*************************[ Foray Completion Rankings ]**************************
    Rank Name Points
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #1 Astarod 100,443
    #2 Thiev 70,846
    #3 Austere 53,733
    #4 Seragorn 42,695

I have NO idea how these points are calculated. However, today I finally hit 100,000, which has been one of my goals for a long while.

My guess is it's a compounding bug. 

Don't worry about what aegoth says is rude during a duel. 
  • ^ This. People will put healing runes down, vibes, harmonics etc. a Knife sigil should be the last of his worries given how strong he is  ;)
    The only issue I've had with duels is a serpent hypno'ing me before we started as "I'd just do it when we started anyway"

Kudos to you for taking it, trying and learning. It's really nice to see Cyrene progressing in that area these days. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Archaeon said:
    Ah, apologies, I was a bit sleep-deprived/delirious at 3AM when I wrote that and don't want to give the wrong impression. Aegoth never actually said that dropping knife sigils was "rude", more just asked that I didn't do that cause it was aggravating. I inferred it was a rude practice from that, like sketching up all the rooms around NoNT with nairat/wunjo before a duel would be. The last thing I want to do is put false words in anyone's mouth.
    Sobriquet said:
    ^ This. People will put healing runes down, vibes, harmonics etc. a Knife sigil should be the last of his worries given how strong he is  ;)
    The only issue I've had with duels is a serpent hypno'ing me before we started as "I'd just do it when we started anyway"

Kudos to you for taking it, trying and learning. It's really nice to see Cyrene progressing in that area these days. 
    Much appreciated! I'm glad and proud to see that Cyrene hasn't let that flame die out in them either over the past IRL year that I was gone. There are a lot of really promising combatants that I have had the pleasure of sparring or defending with in the city. I do want to start poking the proverbial beehive with bounties and duels though so that I don't solidify bad practices, plus, you learn more that way.
    Synthus said:
    Archaeon said:
    Ah, apologies, I was a bit sleep-deprived/delirious at 3AM when I wrote that and don't want to give the wrong impression. Aegoth never actually said that dropping knife sigils was "rude", more just asked that I didn't do that cause it was aggravating. I inferred it was a rude practice from that, like sketching up all the rooms around NoNT with nairat/wunjo before a duel would be. The last thing I want to do is put false words in anyone's mouth.
    You'll soon learn that 99% of people that fight will not show you the same courtesy.
    sad to hear but i understand, don't be angry when i pk u tho
  • @Micaelis I saw the post and, while I was gone when she became a God, I still have tons of fond memories of her as a player. It suuuucks that someone with so much love and enjoyment for life had to get sick.  She is/was amazing.

• I'm finally at a point where I actually have some impact on Forays and can do more than die/cry.

She braved the horrors of her own mind to thwart the madness and reflections of Icosse.
  • I was rooting for Icosse.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    I was rooting for Icosse.
    Same tbh
  • Not as exciting as all the other things that have gone on for folks, but after some RP and care and breaking of learned patterns, and healthy foods and stuff, Meriet has slowly become less grey-skinned and grossnasty, bit by bit, so I figured it's time for a desc update! She's no longer corpsedwarf! (I'll have to commission a new picture eventually, some months from now when I have funds again.)

She also got an old bad-memory tattoo tattoo'd over.
    [I'm not a great writer but I'm practicing, I deliberated over this for like 30 mins and probably will edit little bits or cut out fluff, but this is fine for now before I sleep.]

This is now how you appear: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She is a stout dwarf, though diminutive, even against others of her race. This coupled with lines of ingrained fatigue around her aquamarine eyes hint to some stifling of growth in her formative years, whether disease or simply malnutrition. Her body is thoroughly scar-riddled from the neck down, though most of those markings - being far older, now, and mitigated with recent years' health and tending - are long-since faded to nigh-invisible against her roseate skin. Below the waistline, an angular left ankle bears a stick-and-poke tattoo of a black shackle strung taut. Seared in the centre by fresh inked magma, this old sign of slavery is burnt apart, the chains broken, smoldering, the flames of freedom anew still bright as the day they were traced. Shorn short on one side, her scarlet hair flows down from the other to rest at her shoulders in a splayed feminine sweep, with a few speckled-white flowers woven into the locks here and there, blooming in a humble display that compliments her complexion.
  • edited June 2020
    While sailing, I lost five monster spawns in a row from going too far away. Keeping proper distance is hard. :(
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Armali said:
    While sailing, I lost five monster spawns in a row from going too far away. Keeping proper distance is hard. :(
    You gotta kite, dude. Tight circles!
  • Jinsun said:
    Armali said:
    You gotta kite, dude. Tight circles!
    Dude, sailing is hard. Give me a SHIP KITE command to do it for me >.<

• SHIP KITE artefact incoming

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Did fun stuff on the World Tree today. (And maybe accidentally precipitated a diplomatic incident. Hopefully not.)