Help for Covid Heroes: A Message from Iron Realms' President

I'm posting this on behalf of Jeremy and would also like to offer a huge thanks on behalf of the Achaea team for all the support offered in furtherance of this cause.

Iron Realms Entertainment is excited to announce a donation of $15,000 dollars to the Covid Heroes Fund from RIP Medical Debt. This is a direct result of your credit and pet purchases. Everyone at Iron Realms would like to thank our players for their generous donations. The support and response to this effort was amazing. Players purchased over 500 pets in the last two weeks.

Your donations will help American first responders and healthcare workers by purchasing and abolishing their medical debts. Healthcare workers around the world have been laboring nonstop to assist the sick and elderly during the global COVID pandemic. Many of these people have struggled with inadequate safety equipment, protection, and wages. Combined with the financial stress of job loss and medical debts, many of these families are struggling to survive while continuing to help others in their communities.

Your purchases help relieve the pressure on these families.

You can read more about how this money goes to work on their website: https://ripmedicaldebt.org/campaigns/

RIP Medical Debt will make a purchase of debt with your donations later this month. The moment we receive the details about this purchase, we will share the details with you.

I want to thank you for helping make a positive difference. Your support encourages us to continue finding ways to help our local and global communities.

Jeremy Saunders

"If you build it, they will come."

Comments

• This is great! Good work everyone. Etc etc.

On to the real thing. The quote in your tag from Field of Dreams is wrong. It's "If you build it, he will come." Probably not the time or place but...grr.
  • It's a play on the quote to reference my role (or what my role once was)!
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • edited June 2020
    Ictinus said:
    It's a play on the quote to reference my role (or what my role once was)!
    I mean, it's pretty true. All of us try your (and your team's/Phaestus's?) forays even though they are buggy, sometimes producing monsters that hit for 27K damage per second, sometimes locking us in rooms and drowning us, or cleaving us. Sometimes simply falling apart. 

The fact that people still try your forays are a testament to how fun they are, and how a system that rewards players appropriately can generate communal bonding, identity creation, and foster development between mature and novice players. 

In any case, more forays please.
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."