SoA / Aeneaous Paragon

I was reading some of the forums and got the impression that the SoA effect can stack with the Aeneaous Paragon to give you a better chance to negate damage. I didn’t think that was the case but I figured it was best to ask. Is that true, or is it one or the other?

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

Best Answers

Answers

• IsaiahIsaiah Georgia
    Thanks, @Cooper & @Sobriquet

• Isaiah said:
    I was reading some of the forums and got the impression that the SoA effect can stack with the Aeneaous Paragon to give you a better chance to negate damage. I didn’t think that was the case but I figured it was best to ask. Is that true, or is it one or the other?
    What did you read that gave you that impression?
  • IsaiahIsaiah Georgia
    I honestly think it was some wrong assumptions I was making reading a log of a fight between what I thought was a SnB (w/ SoA). If I find it again I’ll post it here.

• I've wondered about this myself. I've previously thought it didn't stack in the sense that 15% doesn't become 30% but have always assumed that they might work in the sense that you'd have two 15% chances to absorb. One from the shield and another from the paragon. Do you guys mean that you'd only ever get one 15% chance even if you have both?
  • Jakiro said:
    Do you guys mean that you'd only ever get one 15% chance even if you have both?
    Yes, that's what not stacking means.
  • Yeah, the only reason to have both is if you have a class...like DWC Runie/knight... where you can't wield a shield.  Which is part of why you don't get the armor bennies, because those classes have other mitigations available in most cases.