Inquisition

Comments

• Arador said:
    Inquisition's strong point is that no one ever expects it......
    Everybody stop, Arador won the thread.
  • edited January 2013
    I used to think monk was broken and outdated until I had a few theory discussions with Akia. and Jarrel. I think being a mid tier fighter with no access to a high tier fighter's brain of the same class leads you to believe your class is broken. You just gotta hit that next level.

Edit: typing on my phone, damn touchscreens
  • That doesn't really apply here. Priest is broken 1v1, I don't think anyone is arguing that. The people like me that are arguing are arguing that their defensive and group fighting is what the class is focused on, so having 1v1 as well would be broken the other day.

• Are there any top-tier priest fighters, and if so, who?
  • Niks said:
    Feel free, but what I'm talking about are actual mechanics in the game that I test before I speak of. You're making false claims, I'm saying the truth as it's coded into the game.

Then again, with claims about the Basilica and the Te'Serra, you could just be trolling... *eye*
    Sorry :(
  • edited January 2013
    Priest not as broken as mid-tier unartied sentinel. :P

No venom on handaxes, no prefarar/trumpet, no super fast sniping, no lvl 3 dirk jabs, no damage mauls that miss 30-40% of the time. Why are we talking about priests again? :)
  • @Iocun trolling...? Say it ain't so!
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Velyse said:
    Are there any top-tier priest fighters, and if so, who?
    Isn't @Veldrin a priest?
  • edited January 2013
    I thought he was a mage.
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited January 2013
    Veldrin is mage. There are (currently) 0 top-tier Priests, because nobody with an interest in 1v1 wants to play a turtle.

Ovid was top-tierish but I'm semi-positive he got the class nerfed more than he got it buffed.

• HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Rangor said:
    What's this inquisition?

What happened to lvl 3 mace and smite kills/breaks? To the cleansing + hourglass kills? To the priest perma shattering in kill rooms while your friends make full puppets of the target? What happened to the good old priest?
    Ovid quit playing Ovid bra
  • Sylvance said:
    @Iocun trolling...? Say it ain't so!
    I didn't even intend to do so, originally. My first post was just a playfully ironic joke. But the fact that it was taken seriously automatically turned it into a troll, and so it spiraled on. These forums are turning me bad :(
  • Iocun said:
    Sylvance said:
    @Iocun trolling...? Say it ain't so!
    I didn't even intend to do so, originally. My first post was just a playfully ironic joke. But the fact that it was taken seriously automatically turned it into a troll, and so it spiraled on. These forums are turning me bad :(
    One of us, one of us...

• If you mean top tier as in being able to fight and kill people efficiently regardless of them having arties, then no, there are no top tier Priest fighters and there never has been.

If you mean 'uses all their abilities very effectively especially the defensive ones even though they can't really 1v1 that well and does really well in groups' then no, there are no top tier Priests and there (like in 1v1) has never been a top tier Priest.

• That's pretty much what I thought, thanks :P
  • Who was that one person, somewhat abrasive, female character, used a level 2 or 3 mace as I believe their only artie to basically smite people out in fights, several years ago... Wasn't Carmell or Dresden. I'm not suggesting they were the only priest PKer ever, but they stuck in my mind and I can't remember their name now.
    Flow?

• ^correct
  • RIP Flow. (kinda like RIP tide, just uber-strong)
    Flow ran around and teamed people with an even more abrasive male character, Anu.

• Top tier priest is running opponent out of wp. even then, having 0 wp not sure how I would die to priest.
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    edited January 2013
    Who was that one person, somewhat abrasive, female character, used a level 2 or 3 mace as I believe their only artie to basically smite people out in fights, several years ago... Wasn't Carmell or Dresden. I'm not suggesting they were the only priest PKer ever, but they stuck in my mind and I can't remember their name now.
    That would have been Dresden.   I wish i would have been able to learn from her but she was basically inactive when I started playing.  Me top tier not on your life. Priest yes, die yes, oh well.  Maybe someday i'll learn.
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Aktillum said:
    Velyse said:
    Are there any top-tier priest fighters, and if so, who?
    Carmell.
    Szanthax was pretty good.  But he was also artied to the hilt and still died a lot.  He did most of his killing with damage and his amnesia pet and scorpions tail if I remember right.
  • So Relevant.

• Cooper said:
    If you mean top tier as in being able to fight and kill people efficiently regardless of them having arties, then no, there are no top tier Priest fighters and there never have been.

If you mean 'uses all their abilities very effectively especially the defensive ones even though they can't really 1v1 that well and does really well in groups' then no, there are no top tier Priests and there (like in 1v1) has never been a top tier Priest.
    ftfy x
  • TraelorTraelor Columbia, SC
    edited July 2014

Well I switched back to Priest, because apparently I'm a masochist. Here's the updated Inquisition text:

You are the scales upon which the sacrilege of those who oppose the Light may be measured. Paved in holy flame, Inquisition is the surest path to reckoning. By reciting the crimes of a heretic, you may sentence their minds and bodies to condemnation, lowering their mental regeneration, wracking their limbs, preventing their mendacious minds from focusing as easily, and denying their ability to look away from visions of Hell. The effectiveness of your inquisition depends on your target's current mental energies.

I'm going to do more extensive testing, but the wording is pretty clear: it slows mana regen, wracks limbs, still makes Hellsight uncurable and its effectiveness is based around current mana levels. It also apparently increases focus balance.
    Traelor - Saving the day since 594