Shallam long gone

I've been gone from the game for years and recently returned to find Shallam.. gone! I'm sure this a has been discussed at length somewhere but I'm curious. Had Shallam become so quiet it was no longer a viable city or what was the reasoning behind it?

Comments

• IC Events happened, far as I'm aware. I wasn't playing that long ago, but if there was an OOC reason for it, I've never heard one. I doubt it, since it was replaced with another city.
  • Thanks
  • From what I've gathered, it was a re-posturing to make Good more of a volatile force so that Shallam wasn't always playing the role of the victim, but that there was a more dynamic ebb and flow to being the defenders/aggressors. 

Not sure how true this is or what those talks looked like behind the curtain, but this seems the most logical.
  • I found out the same when I came back. From what I gathered, Shallam kept being the peacenik apathetic city it was when I went dormant and.. well.. admin got sick of it and sent it to a watery grave as was much deserved.

• Shallam was once apretty cool place, thats too bad
  • It was.  But long before I went dormant, it was an apathetic shitstorm.  It sucks they buried it, but honestly that was the best way to enforce the attitude change needed. 

• Rok said:
    Shallam was once apretty cool place, thats too bad
    As a famous quote says, "What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold!"

Which, coincidentally, Shallam is now that it's at the bottom of the ocean.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Dead and buried underwater pretty much covers ice cold!
  • Paux said:
    From what I've gathered, it was a re-posturing to make Good more of a volatile force so that Shallam wasn't always playing the role of the victim, but that there was a more dynamic ebb and flow to being the defenders/aggressors. 

Not sure how true this is or what those talks looked like behind the curtain, but this seems the most logical.
     Actually that makes sense . I can see where Shallam might sort of sink into a victim role
  • ColganoColgano Nebraska
    You can however still visit the ruins that are reachable. Poke me in realms and I'd be happy to show you. There are some of us old churchies still about. I was Archprelate when shallam sank, the church going along with it. hah. Feel free to shoot me a tell if you see me around, and we can chat and hopefully get you somewhat up to speed on things. :)
  • Colgano said:
    I was Archprelate when shallam sank, the church going along with it.
    No you weren't. The Church was gone before Shallam sank.

• ColganoColgano Nebraska
    Antonius said:
    Colgano said:
    I was Archprelate when shallam sank, the church going along with it.
    No you weren't. The Church was gone before Shallam sank.

alright I'll clarify. I was the Last Archprelate. didn't mean to mince facts.