Can someone help me figure out how to use the repeat action?

edited May 2020 in Tech Support
Basically I want to create a repeating AFK reflex. When I go AFK I'm usually in a library and I want my character to periodically EMOTE "flips through pages" or "chews on his pipe". It would be nice if I can get the action to oscillate between emotes, but that's an advanced stretch goal.

Right now, I'm stuck on how to use the, "actions until label <blank>" section of the script template. Does anyone know what's supposed to go in this section and can you explain it to me like I'm five? I'm fairly technical but this is new territory.

Also, I have the next drop down box set to: <while>, the next set to: <variable> (the variable being AFK) then <is not> = <variable> (afk), marked case sensitive. Is this set up properly? I'm trying to create a separate action to queue when I type AFK vs. afk. Like, EMOTE "snaps back to reality."

Thank you in advance for the help!

Comments

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    I would advise against this
  • Agreed

• I would suggest against using emotes for this purpose, as it can suggest you're around and looking for interaction, meanwhile you're actually AFK.

Instead, I suggest using the POSE system if you want passive emotes.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Georgia
    I’d be happy to help you setup the coding side of this (switching between any number of poses).

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• Ok, that's fine. That's fair. I still want to know how to properly use the repeat action regardless of it's function.
  • Unless I've forgotten in my old age, I believe any trigger that prevents you from hitting the TIMEOUT to auto-logout is not allowed.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Iaxus said:
    Unless I've forgotten in my old age, I believe any trigger that prevents you from hitting the TIMEOUT to auto-logout is not allowed.
    You mean like pipe relighting triggers? 
  • Or pretty much any other trigger?
    Considering that you're free to turn off timeout completely, I think it's fairly safe to say that preventing yourself from timing out is perfectly allowed.
  • That hasn't been a rule in like 20 years.

• Guess I forgot in my old age.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost.