How did I not know this?

Comments

• Sure, I don't mind them just being made stronger, as long as they're not outright immortal. I also quite like certain other more IC forms of protection, like Caer Witrin's defences.

Perhaps my favourite variants however would be things that involve player decisionmaking in a broader sense. What if, for instance, personal "FEELINGS VILLAGES" had in some cases an effect on city relations? Cyrenians hunting Delos guards might thus decrease their attitude towards Cyrenians in general until Colbey & Co. would refuse to teach proficiencies to any Cyrenian. This would lead to discussion and decision-making within the player-run cities themselves, lead to more interesting relations between cities and villages and encourage clear diplomatic stances, rather than a general laissez-faire attitude.
  • As long as I can hunt the ele planes enough to disable ele lords game-wide.
  • Minifie said:
    As long as I can hunt the ele planes enough to disable ele lords game-wide.
    I was about to say I would be really interested to see penalties and bonuses on elemental lords (and ladies) based on what faction is dominant at the time, and quest lines and hunting to right the balance.. but then I realized people become involved at that point and it'd become "Everybody go X-lord and let's turn this thing up to 11!". People normally want to flock to the most powerful class/race/dragon/elementallord already, incentivizing it might lead to some very broken situations.

Perhaps the opposite? The more X-Lords there are in that element, the less mastery each of them holds over it? I don't know. Just thought-vomitting at this point. 
  • Or just leave the precarious balance alone and don't try to force feed bullshit extra quests into an already quest heavy element for the sake of some half assed attempt at elemental RP that will be dropped as soon as the next shiny comes along. 

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• This suddenly explains how I was actually able to make progress on certain quests compared to a month ago. Not having important people be dead is handy.
  • Minifie said:
    some npcs I will leave unnamed are now unkillable! Another solid change, since they are important for things :).
    These guys are still bugged. Please fix :(
  • Message #49149      Sent by Achaea
    2020/6/10/20:59 Your bug report (detail: Hi! The SING emote is currently prioritized over the SING.. singing ... command. This means if you try to sing Bear the burden or sing A tale of time or sing Sothantos you are mighty, it will do the sing emote to a bear cub if it's in the room or your inventory, the sing emote to anyone whose name starts with A who is in the room, or the sing emote to Sothantos if he is in the room. It's awfully embarrassing when it happens! Please help!) - has been fixed. The following notes were included: You can simply SINGN!

What! I had no idea this was a thing. Sharing it for everyone else.

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    Message #49149      Sent by Achaea
    2020/6/10/20:59 Your bug report (detail: Hi! The SING emote is currently prioritized over the SING.. singing ... command. This means if you try to sing Bear the burden or sing A tale of time or sing Sothantos you are mighty, it will do the sing emote to a bear cub if it's in the room or your inventory, the sing emote to anyone whose name starts with A who is in the room, or the sing emote to Sothantos if he is in the room. It's awfully embarrassing when it happens! Please help!) - has been fixed. The following notes were included: You can simply SINGN!

What! I had no idea this was a thing. Sharing it for everyone else.
    Can you make it an alias? We need to weaponise that song. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • PainePaine Prime Material
    TIL that you can read logs back 10 months. All this time I thought it was 6 months!

• edited January 2021
    Things I've learned since I came back from roughly 5ish years gone (with occasional check-ins):
    Server side curing is now a thing
    COOLDOWNS is a thing
    CREDITHISTORY pretty neat
    ASSIST is a thing for group hunting
    You can store water in your rift
    ARTSEARCH is a thing
    PACKLIST is a thing
    ARTEFACT RECALL (ALL|<artefact>) is a thing
    ARTEFACT POWERS LIST OWNED
    ARTEFACT LIST
    CONSOLIDATE VIALS - hell yeah
    SCORE FULL - never checked before December 2020 (2080 RPS wins - come at me)
    WALKTO became a thing and then subsequently not a thing
    Setting a diving bell as a landmark is a thing
    CONFIG SEEASSISTS ON lets me see the fun gank squads on deathsight

Finally decided to learn what forays and legenddecks were - pretty neat

I've also been trying to remember the command FALCON OBSERVE since I got back and just got it today.

• PainePaine Prime Material
    Server side ECHO lets me practice my triggers before I need them? How did I not know this?!? Has this always existed?

• Paine said:
    Server side ECHO lets me practice my triggers before I need them? How did I not know this?!? Has this always existed?
    I've always used the Mudlet `echo alias someone wrote forever ago and now comes with blank profiles- cool that Achaea has one too!
  • TIL 'swap hands' is a thing.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    TIL 'swap hands' is a thing.

I had no idea, and fairly sure I've never seen anyone use it.

Outside of RP / flavor, I guess it's mildly useful if you're expecting an arm break.  I assume it doesn't work if your arm is already broken but definitely worth checking and using it if not.
  • Paine said:
    No definitely not, but agree it's super awesome.  Wish there was a way to do it with a prompt but hey, can't have everything.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    If you do TRANSFER 1 CREDITS TO KRESSLACK FOR 0 GOLD, you get a random gift and thank you letter in return.

• Glide (Dragoncraft)                           Known: Yes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            GLIDE <direction> [distance]
    Details:
    When flying, you may glide on the air currents in a given direction,
    moving many rooms at a time. You may additionally specify a number of
    rooms to move(*).

* between 1 and 11. If on the wilderness map, the max is 5.
    This so was not a thing when I became dragon.
  • Greys said:
    Glide (Dragoncraft)                           Known: Yes
    Syntax:            GLIDE <direction> [distance]
    Details:
    When flying, you may glide on the air currents in a given direction,
    moving many rooms at a time. You may additionally specify a number of
    rooms to move(*).

* between 1 and 11. If on the wilderness map, the max is 5.
    This so was not a thing when I became dragon.
    Bruh.   This changes everything.
  • @Shecks I know! The funny thing is you go to page 1 of the thread, I even commented regarding gallop how I wish there was an equivalent thing for dragons!
  • Wait, what?

• Kinda upset that no one told me that Chitin Greaves were a thing.

• I don't know why anyone would have thought of talking about them specifically, they've been in the game forever

• @Trey I have grumbled about wanting leap or evade quite a bit, honestly, but also I'm just a noob.

• TIL that Reminders are a thing, thanks to @Minkai

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Repeating reminders are amazing for recurring Ministry stuff.

• I just learnt you can WIELD <weapon> <weapon>.

• I knew RIVALS was a thing. But I learned yesterday that RIVALRIES <person> shows you anyone's rivals.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost.