Shop Policies and Wishlist for Player-Run Shops

1235»

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Neutral locksmith is in Delos.

• Sounds iffy. I'd have a fit if they implemented any system that would result in me, or anyone else,  losing 2000+ credits.  Long as shop owners automatically get leases, or whatever,  I'd be fine with it.  If they told me I'd have to pay for ANOTHER 1500 credits,  well let's just say that theft is real. 
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

edited April 2020
    Existing shop owners are grandfathered into it. (dude it's like the third line of the post)

If you already own a shop (as in, your name is undisputably listed as proprietor, and there is proof of transaction for ownership) then you will receive the lease.

What the system doesn't guarantee is that the city will let you continue to run the shop on their lots. Hence, opening empty lots in denizen villages etc, around Sapience. This gives current shopkeepers the chance to relocate.

• edited April 2020
    I like the lot owning idea. It could also be expanded to rent out individual rooms or clusters of rooms so newbies can rent their own rooms and describe them. Achaean landlording lol.
  • Ooo, my mistake.  Totally misread.  I can admit when I'm wrong! Thought it said that if you own 4 shops you get grandfathered in. 

:# 
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

edited April 2020
    What I meant by grandfathering was if you owned like... say 6 shops (2 more than the 4 limit), you'll be allowed to hold on to 6 leases.

If at some point you decide to trade in one of those leases, you'll be refunded two-thirds of 1500cr (the base price for a shopkeeping lease). But you will not be allowed to buy any more.

• If the admins cared, the fix is easy: just ban the sale of city owned shops and open more shops in denizen villages. Existing city shop owners could be compensated to whatever degree the administration sees fit.

They don't, though, so it's whatever.

• I'm not going to walk around to every little town or village to check DIRECTORY.
    A shopper's guidebook:                                        350 Credits
    Artefact power: directory
     - Use the directory command from anywhere, for anywhere!
     - DIRECTORY <city> <item to find>

Here's an artie just for that. Y'all will spend credits on just about anything.

• You don't have to, just IGNORE those villages exist!
  • edited April 2020
    IMHO, things worked just fine before the DIRECTORY command.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Skye said:
    A shopper's guidebook:                             :'(:'( 350 Credits
    Artefact power: directory
     - Use the directory command from anywhere, for anywhere!
     - DIRECTORY <city> <item to find>

Here's an artie just for that. Y'all will spend credits on just about anything.

Why would I want an artefact that tells me all the things I want to buy are in places I can't shop at  :'(  :/:angry:
  • Achilles said:
    Why would I want an artefact that tells me all the things I want to buy are in places I can't shop at  :'(  :/:angry:
    So you can phase in and buy the stuff anyways to feel like a true baddie, of course!
  • Cobault said:
    Achilles said:
    So you can phase in and buy the stuff anyways to feel like a true baddie, of course!
    Literally the only reason my second class is serpent.
  • edited May 2020
    Just take into consideration the risk you take when buying a shop in a different city. Dont pay 3k credits if it is possible they will will turn around and take it back.

Eleusis shops have been almost free to aquire/rent because we only sell and lease to villagers and when we did sell it to outsiders once the next generation of leaders took it back for no reason...

Easy life and money for someone trading.
  • In modern day Achaea, any respectable and established player can get a city shop for basically free if they try. This whole spending 2k credits for it thing seems like a lot of nonsense.