Quick Questions

Comments

• Stats don't increase between level 80 and 99 anymore.
  • Oof, gotcha thanks for the heads up! Did they balance out the stats between those levels then or something? Or am I just running around with the old level 80 equivalent health now and didn't realize?
  • How do you turn off the notice for 'NOTE: Depending on your class etc etc' after every hit against an enemy?
  • edited April 2020
    Meriet said:
    How do you turn off the notice for 'NOTE: Depending on your class etc etc' after every hit against an enemy?
    CONFIG KILLWARNING OFF

Also, check CONFIG itself, a lot of useful tools in there you can make use of.
  • Satum said:
    Oof, gotcha thanks for the heads up! Did they balance out the stats between those levels then or something? Or am I just running around with the old level 80 equivalent health now and didn't realize?
    For the purposes of calculating health and mana - but not endurance and willpower - levels 80-98 are treated as though you're level 99. So you have more health now than you would have previously had at your level, but won't gain more for levelling up until you hit 100.
  • Minifie said:
    Meriet said:
    How do you turn off the notice for 'NOTE: Depending on your class etc etc' after every hit against an enemy?
    CONFIG KILLWARNING OFF

Also, check CONFIG itself, a lot of useful tools in there you can make use of.
    Thank you very much!
  • What causes this? (Also, sorry about the question spams. <3)

An earth-shattering roar reverberates from nearby, terrifyingly powerful as it boldly declares a challenge.

• One more question, actually... I appear to have been covered in mucous by an enemy and I can't remove it. Does this go away on its own? :sweat:

Misc:
    a layer of congealed mucous.
  • edited April 2020
    Meriet said:
    What causes this? (Also, sorry about the question spams. <3)

An earth-shattering roar reverberates from nearby, terrifyingly powerful as it boldly declares a challenge.

That is a unique item beloning to the Legates, you can approach any of us IC to find out more :)

Meriet said:
    One more question, actually... I appear to have been covered in mucous by an enemy and I can't remove it. Does this go away on its own? :sweat:

Misc:
    a layer of congealed mucous.
    Pretty sure that’s applied by an alchemist, go to water and SCRUB until you feel squeaky clean.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Accipiter said:
    Quick poll: Is shrubbing an IC punishment or strictly an administration punishment?
    It's IC in the sense that people can tell in character that you've been shrubbed though, and usually reference it as a punishment from the Gods. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited April 2020
    Shirszae said:
    Accipiter said:
    Quick poll: Is shrubbing an IC punishment or strictly an administration punishment?
    It's IC in the sense that people can tell in character that you've been shrubbed though, and usually reference it as a punishment from the Gods.
    None of the ones who can give it have an IC role, so calling it a "punishment from the Gods" is stupid.

Much the same way you shouldn't mention ICly (by name, or even saying 'the Gods') if Makarios/Nicola/Ictinus zaps you.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited April 2020
    Eh. I agree with the latter. Sometimes you have to address the former  in the form of shrubbed people and acting all clueless about what shrubbing is and where it comes from is just more annoying that useful. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited April 2020
    "Nature decided to reclaim them instead of their city."

Some things can't really be explained all that well ICly, without sounding ludicrous, just have to accept that in a game where mechanics and roleplaying intertwine. The aforementioned ones aren't IC Divine, so referring to them as such is strange.
  • If I have rank 2 faster eq, rank 2 magic damage, and +2 int is incantation gonna be better for me to hunt with than gut in dragon?
  • Satum said:
    If I have rank 2 faster eq, rank 2 magic damage, and +2 int is incantation gonna be better for me to hunt with than gut in dragon?
    If +0 str then yes. Gut is faster at full arties though due to speed+damage being high enough that incantation wastes more damage than gut on overkilling to my findings (minus certain mobs such as cor tryphon vampires).
  • Minifie said:
    Satum said:
    If I have rank 2 faster eq, rank 2 magic damage, and +2 int is incantation gonna be better for me to hunt with than gut in dragon?
    If +0 str then yes. Gut is faster at full arties though due to speed+damage being high enough that incantation wastes more damage than gut on overkilling to my findings (minus certain mobs such as cor tryphon vampires).
    I do have +1 str, if that makes the difference. But yeah, overkilling is kinda what I was concerned about. There's no arties that speed up balance though, are there? So its str the only thing that'll scale my gut dps?
  • Satum said:
    Minifie said:
    Satum said:
    I do have +1 str, if that makes the difference. But yeah, overkilling is kinda what I was concerned about. There's no arties that speed up balance though, are there? So its str the only thing that'll scale my gut dps?
    I am possibly forgetting something, but only strength will increase your raw damage, excepting Crit boosts of course. Gut is still superior, but with the arties for both (and not wp/end regen) you can swap  between as the other regens.
  • Minifie said:
    Satum said:
    Minifie said:
    Satum said:
    I am possibly forgetting something, but only strength will increase your raw damage, excepting Crit boosts of course. Gut is still superior, but with the arties for both (and not wp/end regen) you can swap  between as the other regens.
    Gotcha! Yeah I've been swapping back and forth to let the other regen instead of having to stop and regen. Thanks for the help!
  • Can only adventurers be hit for shin energy, or is it just that things around my level aren't worth any shin energy at all / shin energy from hitting things is dependent on their level alone and not yours?
  • Meriet said:
    Can only adventurers be hit for shin energy, or is it just that things around my level aren't worth any shin energy at all / shin energy from hitting things is dependent on their level alone and not yours?

You only build shin from things in AB STRIKING, which can't be used on denizens.
  • Syrennia said:
    Meriet said:
    Can only adventurers be hit for shin energy, or is it just that things around my level aren't worth any shin energy at all / shin energy from hitting things is dependent on their level alone and not yours?

You only build shin from things in AB STRIKING, which can't be used on denizens.
    Thank you! :)
  • How can you group up clotting messages into one line? Less spam in battle would be nice, lol
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Mudlet or nexus
  • I use Nexus
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    no idea sorry
  • No worries
  • Can nexus gag lines? Would be easier to do that, and just learn when you need to watch your mana for sudden clotting drops (versus alchemists, blademasters, apostates, etc)

• You can gag Nexus lines. Use a trigger and the "Hide the line" function.
  • I’m no nexus expert, but you could enable/disable a gag line based on your bleed level. If under 150 (example) turn on your gagclot, and turn it off at 151+. If 1.5x time passes between standard bleed messages, re-enable the gag trigger.
  • You can just delete the clotting line. It's not exactly important.