How fun the Reckoning is as an event

1789101113»

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Well it's over but the ceremony is in about 12 hours (21:00 GMT?)
  • Syrennia said:

lol'd.

The Faehound should've been a good indicator that that wasn't the truth.

Also jfc. Can this event be over already? It's dragged it's fucking feet the entire event, and I just want it to be over so that we can 3-city raid and 'not be allies' while doing it.
  • Adrik said:
    Syrennia said:

lol'd.

Also jfc. Can this event be over already? It's dragged it's fucking feet the entire event, and I just want it to be over so that we can 3-city raid and 'not be allies' while doing it.

• I'm not in, I complained, but to do that after bitching about how shit it is, I don't have that in me. Would rather just guardbash with avatar while yelling about how all your shops suck.

Except that one at Veil's end. Gross rees or something. Not bad carrots there.
  • Laedha said:

Personally, I had actually expected much more strategizing, diplomacy and splits within factions than the clear-cut "we nominate one of us and support him until the end" we saw from four of the cities and the admins might have as well. It's not as if having 5 candidates necessarily meant having 4 faction candidates and one split one. It might just as well have been 3 neutral candidates and two factional ones, or one faction getting two candidates in, or many more possibilities.
    Maybe, maybe not. Even so, picking exactly 5 candidates once they saw the referendum results was just a bad idea given that there are 6 cities and cities have to pick a single candidate.   

They also had the choice of which denizens would respond when people started talking to them. This would have been a lot more interesting if the choices were like..... Wavel, Vewig, Gothmog, and Apollonia. Denizens with much less clear associations with specific cities. They could have had the city-aligned denizens just not respond or tell them to sod off. 
    Back when I was Eleusian, a long long time ago, we were suddenly forbidden to Hunt Istarion.

Blah blah rational people blah blah trees blah blah.

I was not happy about it, but I stopped Hunting them. 

The point however is that while the Dryad folks made sense for Eleusis, there were (are?) also ties to Pryla'ari and was possible she got Eleusian votes and support, at least on the first ballot.

Just offering up additional information before returning to being told what to Hurt. I mean, uh, Hunt.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Adrik said:
    Syrennia said:

lol'd.

Rakia was fine. People just made it very, very difficult to make progress.
  • Vinzent said:
    Adrik said:
    Syrennia said:

lol'd.

Rakia was fine. People just made it very, very difficult to make progress.
    Not the hound from the boss. The roaming one when the boss wasn't even active that ignored reflections, gave 8 to 10 loki affs, broke 2 limbs, proned, and also did 160% of my health in one balance. (The afflictions also carried over past burst).
  • SaibelSaibel Chicago

I had fun!

Nothing like bloodshed to distract you during this social distancing period.

Dragonknight tells you, "SAIBEL SAIBEL BO BAIBEL FE FI FO FABLE."
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    There were definitely annoying things.  I really wish that Cyrene would have picked someone else, I wish we didn't plant totems in OT and Shala, I wish worldburn wasn't able to be used, and I wish a blackwinded necromancer in the room with gravehands didn't cause purify to be a channel.  These are small, tiny gripes compared to the immense fun I had fighting.  That's the kind of stuff I play for, and no matter who wins or loses it's still a ton of fun.  This seems like the admin really just pushed themselves to the limit to get this event off the ground and did a great job with the boss mechanics as well as providing a great time for people that just wanted to kill/be killed.  Overall it was spectacular.