Achaean Chefs

2»

Comments

• edited April 2020
    Yuuuuussss queeeeenn.

Though bunnings snag are life. I miss them so hard.
  • Archaeon said:
    ...I don't think anyone's scared of American food. Most of it is just kind of shit.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    I'm a big fan of my local places when I go back home to Austin, and San Antonio has some great food.  Outside of Texas my only experience living in any state was South Carolina which was pretty garbage and Washington state, which has great Asian places but everything else was kind of shit.  I'll pick Europe over America any day of the week for food. 
  • For the record I was just trying to get Archaeon riled up cause I owed him so trolling, definitely not intending to bring any sort of politics into this!

Agreed on "most" American food being trash, but if you can look beyond the grocery aisles being lined with sugar (my favorite food group) and processed food, we actually make some good stuff here.

I have mostly done simple cooking and baking in the past, but the extra time at home has let me make a lot of new stuff I never would have tried before. It's been fun. I'll try and get some pics loaded later!

• Archaeon said:
    I'm a big fan of my local places when I go back home to Austin, and San Antonio has some great food.  Outside of Texas my only experience living in any state was South Carolina which was pretty garbage and Washington state, which has great Asian places but everything else was kind of shit.  I'll pick Europe over America any day of the week for food. 
    I had never had fried gator or gumbo until I went to bourbon street, that and beignettes were amazing. Can't recommend Cafe du monde high enough. 
  • My bad cooper. Its hard to be english and not be political. Unlike the U.S over here even the daily newspaper you read tells people which way you lean politically. Still, the fear of american food is palpable. Anything and everything that goes in to your foodstuffs is subject to intense scrutiny by certain elements of the media. I find it endlessly amusing having survived 25 years worth of living in america before coming back home to england.
  • I successfully made Montreal style bagels at home! 

They were amazing

• Fired up a chicken burger/patty for dinner with homemade shoestring onions and bacon.  I have to say that was pretty damn good altogether.  Then I realized I had phyllo cups so I made little caramel-apple pies for the kids as dessert.

• With the disclaimer that we have a neat meal prep delivery service, complete with instructions I slavishly obey, I did this:

• looks like texmex

• @Archaeon that burrito looks delicious!

• Ah bro you've messed up now. Next time me or @Evastiana cooks up something sick, I'm gonna post it here. Most recently I took some applewood rub and grilled porkchops after giving them a healthy dose. Freaking delicious.

• Actually she's supposed to go buy some steaks here in a minute, so you might get to see some tonight @Doriel

• Ribeyes, mashed potatoes, and sauteed asparaus in garlic and onion om nom
  • edited April 2020
    We bought me a smoker for my birthday a bit ago. I've moved to Australia and was missing BBQ. Served with potato salad, coleslaw and veggies.

• Celadriel said:
    We bought me a smoker for my birthday a bit ago. I've moved to Australia and was missing BBQ. Served with potato salad, coleslaw and veggies.
    What is in your potato salad and coleslaw, if not vegetables?

• mayonnaise

• edited April 2020
    The veggies were smoked carrots and broccoli. Just wanted to explain what the random green and orange was in the background :tongue:

We are new to smoking, so we've just been throwing in everything to see what happens. Smokers are forgiving and so far it's all come out yummy :)

• I made some cookies. 
  • edited May 2020
    Some bread improvements. Started adding olives and seeds, etc:

Edit: Scored one as a cat as a joke for my sister. But, it actually had the best rise out of any loaf so far by giving it so many opportunities to expand... I just happened to burn it though!

• Tequila lime chicken quesadillas...   TEX. MEX.

• @Chubbs

I did a thing, and remembered to take a photo this time.

Red Velvet, with choc/hazelnut frosting, topped with marshmallows and espresso quadratini.
  • Vhaynna said:
    @Chubbs

I did a thing, and remembered to take a photo this time.
    Red Velvet, with choc/hazelnut frosting, topped with marshmallows and espresso quadratini.
    WOOOOOOO !!! Look and sound delicious. =)

• Are discussions on canned pork products allowed here? Rules are a little unclear