How fun the Reckoning is as an event

Comments

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    that's not a bug, m8
  • Archaeon said:
    that's not a bug, m8

Pretty sure something changed with it- I could go digging through logs from when I bashed, but until recently I used settarget for bashing and my system for PK. Hadn't seen any weirdness with it trying to PK NPCs when my target wasn't there before now.
  • edited April 2020
    Even if it wasn't a bug, it was a honest mistake, and not a deliberate act of sabotage like worldburning the entire group attacking the commander...

And trying to get in that writing task as soon as possible, just so Cyrene couldn't have a say in it worked out perfectly too, didn't it? (And that one was worth 20 facets, not just 1)
  • I'm not sure why anyone would ever want to veildeliver to the person they have set as their target as a default. At -best-, it's a very good reason to eschew the serverside target system completely, if it's going to cause unintentional issues like that.

Cyrene can take the blame for the loss yesterday, that was a series of real strategy mistakes that we made. But I don't want to see one of our members (who's feeling so bad about it that she's saying she might step away from the game) to be pilloried over a typo, and the apparent mistake to use game systems meant to make things easier.
  • KogKog
    edited April 2020
    Kog said:
    Archaeon said:
    that's not a bug, m8

Pretty sure something changed with it- I could go digging through logs from when I bashed, but until recently I used settarget for bashing and my system for PK. Hadn't seen any weirdness with it trying to PK NPCs when my target wasn't there before now.

Actually here we go @Archaeon:
    Your target is now: Ygia (an adventurer)

farsee keo
    You cannot see that being here.

farsee ygia
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of
    Ygia.
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Ygia is in Targossas.

farsee keorin
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of
    Keorin.
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Keorin is in Cyrene.

farsee keo
    Ahh, I am truly sorry, but I do not see anyone by that name here.

st kog
    Your target is now: Kog (an adventurer)

kick
    Try as you might, you just cannot seem to inflict harm upon yourself.

kick keo
    I do not recognise anything called that here.

So, for whatever reason, veildeliver works the exact opposite of how farsee/attacking works, despite also taking a targeted argument. I can't find an example of pking after bashing where I use a skill in a fight after that has "You see no such target as "#####"." except in the last few days, either.

Ninja edit:
    If you misspell your target with kick or farsee, it tries to execute on the misspelled target. If you try to veildeliver to a typo, it sends to your settarget. From earlier:

st keorin
    Your target is now: Keorin (an adventurer)

veildeliver bottle to nephny
    You bend your will, folding the Veil Extant itself to allow yourself to pass a cloudy glass bottle through to Keorin.

• Iocun said:
    And trying to get in that writing task as soon as possible, just so Cyrene couldn't have a say in it worked out perfectly too, didn't it? (And that one was worth 20 facets, not just 1)
    We actually literally are not allowed to work with Cyrenians in any way whatsoever. If you're in the same place at the same time that's something different, but Aurora has made clear firmly and plainly that partying, conspiring, etc will result in being smote and disfavoured at a minimum. So we couldn't let you have a say in it even if we wanted.

Also, Yen did a pretty good job on the essay actually. It was concise, it made good points, and appealed both to broader appeals and to the specific appeals of the Conclave. Others just either happened to do better, or it was judged on length, or staff wanted to give someone other than Pryla'ari a chance so people stop complaining about tri-city alliances already.
  • Achilles said:
    Cyrene is amazing at this event

Maybe take a deep breath and a step back from city vs city rp? Mistakes happen and I feel like this could have happened to even the best of us, so this comment is highly uncalled for.
  • Kaden said:
    Achilles said:

Maybe take a deep breath and a step back from city vs city rp? Mistakes happen and I feel like this could have happened to even the best of us, so this comment is highly uncalled for.
    Silence Ret Ent.
  • edited April 2020
    Ygia said:
    Iocun said:
    We actually literally are not allowed to work with Cyrenians in any way whatsoever. If you're in the same place at the same time that's something different, but Aurora has made clear firmly and plainly that partying, conspiring, etc will result in being smote and disfavoured at a minimum. So we couldn't let you have a say in it even if we wanted.

Also, Yen did a pretty good job on the essay actually. It was concise, it made good points, and appealed both to broader appeals and to the specific appeals of the Conclave. Others just either happened to do better, or it was judged on length, or staff wanted to give someone other than Pryla'ari a chance so people stop complaining about tri-city alliances already.
    Yeah, I was just being a bit snarky in return, not trying to bash Yen's essay. I haven't read it, but I'm sure she did a good job. But it sort of shows that, at least here, on these OOC forums, we shouldn't be shaming people for "messing up" in the event.

Feel free to be as outraged at Cyrene IC as we are at you guys  B)

P.S. I hereby apologize for my last post, if it offended anyone.
  • Sooo... it seems like the answer to the question after six pages is zero fun?
  • Damn, the “win at all costs” mentality really does seep in hard doesn’t it? I’d suggest completely ignoring the results of the event itself and focus on padding that pk score.

Oh, nvm ya’ll both completely removed an entire city from your padding chance. RIP.
  • Oh, not at all! It's immensely fun!
  • Adrik said:
    Kaden said:
    Achilles said:

Silence Ret Ent.
    While I'm usually more than happy to keep my silence and eat popcorn while you all stew in whatever the heck this is, I'm not about to sit still while someone tries to shame a whole faction and a friend for what was essentially a mistake.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

• In short, say what you want IC, but let's not pretend like anyone hasn't typoed a name before.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I didn't even tag the names of both people who screwed up.  I understand they make mistakes and feel bad OOCly for wasting a bunch of people's time.  But we (Targs) saw this coming, we were like I wonder how they will screw it up this time.  We aren't allowed to hold Cyrene's hands for this event even though it would clearly benefit us ICly and OOCly to just tell you all what to do.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    And there was no way Targrene was winning the essay IMO, that would have made the last event pointless.  Honestly they haven't learned a damn thing from last Reckoning.  Fuck 99% of the event, just show up at the end.
  • edited April 2020
    You guys are bitching at each other, while still safely in the lead? Ya’ll took the easiest path to win, and are still whinging it hasn’t been easier? 

• So what happened with the veil deliver thing?
  • edited April 2020
    The way veildeliver works right now is that if you have a serverside target set and you mispell the name of who you're trying to deliver to, it instead targets your serverside target.

In this instance, Auria attempted to veildeliver to Vinzent, mispelled the name, and so instead it was sent to the last Mhaldorian she fought, which was still set as her serverside target.

No clue if this is actually a bug or simply an implementation that would seem to make using serverside targeting at all (or at least without hefty code to avoid mistakes like this one) a very bad idea.
  • Well that just blows the, “can’t work together” narrative in the ass. Also AFAIK it’s not just veildeliver that works that way, just means be more careful/setup checks in aliases.
  • edited April 2020
    I'm sure it's not the only skill, but to my knowledge, most others that do are offensive actions where it going for your serverside target as a default isn't exactly unreasonable.

Working that way for an ability that's primarily used for positive effects (and -especially- one used for item trading) seems like a very, very bad method of implementation, and requiring that someone code around it seems like it defeats half the point of having a serverside target system exist in the first place.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I don't see you complaining about Cyrene helping Mhaldor.  :o

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Yeah, from what I’m seeing here, Vinzent should be smited to oblivion, right?
  • edited April 2020
    Auria made us have to go spend 12 seconds fusing a facet, fcking Hardship I tell ya.
  • I mean, that's if Vinzent asked Aufia to send him the facet. If Aufia just outright tried to send it to Vinzent, then, whatever. But yeah that's kinda sketch (relative to the current barring of cooperation which I disagree with on an OOC and IC level).
  • Minifie said:
    Well that just blows the, “can’t work together” narrative in the ass. Also AFAIK it’s not just veildeliver that works that way, just means be more careful/setup checks in aliases.

It's this weird hybrid. I posted testing above- an attack like kick doesn't work like that, farsee doesn't work like that, but veildeliver does. It's either stupid and bugged for kick/farsee, or bugged for veildeliver.
  • Don't care who's side your on. Inconsistencies like that are annoying.
  • Achilles said:
    I didn't even tag the names of both people who screwed up.  I understand they make mistakes and feel bad OOCly for wasting a bunch of people's time.  But we (Targs) saw this coming, we were like I wonder how they will screw it up this time.  We aren't allowed to hold Cyrene's hands for this event even though it would clearly benefit us ICly and OOCly to just tell you all what to do.
    How, exactly, would it benefit you OOC? As far as I can tell, there's no OOC benefit to you if Pryla'ari wins over anyone else. Bragging rights?

Considering you're calling it "wasting a bunch of people's time", apparently you think that your OOC time is wasted if an IC goal fails, so it seems there's some issue with IC/OOC separation anyways.