Achaea Unexpected Outage

Hi everyone!

Just a quick post to let you all know that we seem to be having some kind of issue with our network provider - this is the reason for the current outage. The team is on the case and we'll let you know when things are back up and running.
"If you build it, they will come."

Comments

• Here's hoping we can get some recompense for the hour lost bashing on a boss. 
  • It's up!
  • Granted I can't log in for personal stuff...  but sweet Jesus.  Nuke everyone, drop the link and just go have some drinks. Come back and fire the box back up.  Then mute everyone.

• So it seems to be up, but some people are having issues getting on with Nexus

• Is this potentially something that can be abused throughout the reckoning? Are there potentially short-term fixes that may at least mitigate these future issues happening?
  • @Paux
    Clear cache and cookies in your browser for the last 24 hours.
  • Minifie said:
    Is this potentially something that can be abused throughout the reckoning? Are there potentially short-term fixes that may at least mitigate these future issues happening?

Denial of service is a constant threat for any online service. There are mitigation strategies and we'll be doing all we can there. We'll be in discussions with our provider about options for the response on their end as well.

• Round 2
  • Vessil said:
    Round 2
    Fight!
  • Right as I logged in, too...

• Still can't log in via Nexus, even after clearing my cache and browser history. Any known fix for this?
    (Party): Kondar says, "Anyone else a little terrified of Astrika right now?"
    (Party): Volan says, "No groin strikes please."

Ryldagh falls in a blaze of silver to Astrika, Acolyte of Cruelty's sword, Dark Gorillas.
    (Cyrene): Ahmet says, "Buahahaha."
    (Cyrene): Jayden says, "Hehehehe."
    (Cyrene): Ahmet says, "I am the evil Astrika, warrior of Mhaldor! Bow to my vicious blade, Dark Gorillas!"
  • It went down again. Nothing to do but wait and hope whatever cockroach thinks DDOS'ing is cool stops or spontaneously combusts.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    This is just next level eleusis tactics to prevent other ppl from winning the reckoning
  • Back up, btw
  • Andddddddd back down

• I'm not even stressing. I'm getting just as much done for my faction as before, with less xp loss. 
  • Archaeon said:
    This is just next level eleusis tactics to prevent other ppl from winning the reckoning
    It is just how we do. Tesha said:
    Guys, as the day goes on, let's try to be supportive of the admin throughout this. I know this is really frustrating especially in the context of the reckoning and the global pandemic, but remember that however frustrated you're feeling, they're feeling it too. Except they have to view this as producers and admins rather than consumers. What's happening sucks, but it isn't their fault, and they're doing the best they can. 
    Yeah thats why I said go get drinks.  Fuck the game for a couple hours. Do you and enjoy it. Just like for us, the game will be here when the magic box turns back on (in theory).  And then we can all chastise whomever is doing this. 

• Caelan said:
    Archaeon said:
    It is just how we do. Tesha said:
    Guys, as the day goes on, let's try to be supportive of the admin throughout this. I know this is really frustrating especially in the context of the reckoning and the global pandemic, but remember that however frustrated you're feeling, they're feeling it too. Except they have to view this as producers and admins rather than consumers. What's happening sucks, but it isn't their fault, and they're doing the best they can. 
    Yeah thats why I said go get drinks.  Fuck the game for a couple hours. Do you and enjoy it. Just like for us, the game will be here when the magic box turns back on (in theory).  And then we can all chastise whomever is doing this. 
    And then I can go back to playing tag with 4 other factions at once. 
  • It's up... for now... I logged in ded.
  • Gavriil said:
    It's up... for now... I logged in ded.
    Nevermind.
  • I still haven't been able to get in yet

• In case anyone is here but not online. 
  • ANNOUNCE NEWS #5206 (04/07/2020 at 19:12)
    To : Everyone
    Subject: A (hopefully) final update!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Hey everyone,

We're in the process of the updates to prevent similar things to Sunday happening again, but these require some non trivial changes on our end. We don't want to kick the reckoning back off until we're sure everything is working well under the new system, so will be running a bit of a stress test.

Therefore we will be running a ctf some time between now and serenade. No specified time as of yet, and no obligation to participate: we may do some minor prizes if everything goes smoothly, but there's no pressure here. We'd love if you turned up though!

Regarding the actual update, you will experience a disconnection as things proceed, but it should just be the once: no need to panic!

This discussion has been closed.