Wishlist: Quality of Life

Comments

• edited February 2020
    Utianima said:
    Adrik said:
    The ability to shift levels of an artie you own. Lvl 3 rapier down to 1... or lvl 3 str down to 2. Raise it up after as desired. Cant be done if on aggression timer.
    Good idea! IDEA it?
    It's been suggested for 15+ years and we've always been told no, or that it isn't possible. 

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Cooper said:
    Utianima said:
    Adrik said:
    The ability to shift levels of an artie you own. Lvl 3 rapier down to 1... or lvl 3 str down to 2. Raise it up after as desired. Cant be done if on aggression timer.
    Good idea! IDEA it?
    It's been suggested for 15+ years and we've always been told no, or that it isn't possible. 
    😥😪😢

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Can’t people still request to borrow arties for a limited time before buying them to test them out first?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Could we get a forging ability that allows weaponsmiths to craft weapons with level 1 or 2 stats FOR <person> if they already have a level higher? give it 30 months decay, cost a lot more comms or have a gold cost. 
  • It would be awesome if all groupable items could be dropped in a single group, and sold in any quantity, somewhat like the tuns we have for liquids. @Veldrin had this idea for sigils, but I think it could just as easily apply to any groupable item. Would make shop space much easier to assign.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• I wish honours was on its own balance. I've lost group at the most inconvenient times way too much.
  • People would run database checkers in the background constantly if that was a thing. It caused very significant lag back in the day.

• Cooper said:
    People would run database checkers in the background constantly if that was a thing. It caused very significant lag back in the day.
    i'm p ignorant on that kind of stuff. Can an admin identify the source of that kind of spam and then shrub the offender(s)? Seems like anyone doing that kind of thing would understand that what they're doing is a dick move to the game and they would and should get in trouble if caught. 
  • Vakvyr said:
    Can an admin identify the source of that kind of spam
    They already did, hence why honours now costs EQ. No they can't shrub the 'offenders' otherwise they'd have no players, since SVO was the main offender.

• Vakvyr said:
    Cooper said:
    People would run database checkers in the background constantly if that was a thing. It caused very significant lag back in the day.
    i'm p ignorant on that kind of stuff. Can an admin identify the source of that kind of spam and then shrub the offender(s)? Seems like anyone doing that kind of thing would understand that what they're doing is a dick move to the game and they would and should get in trouble if caught. 
    There's no rule against it though. There are rules against spamming, but they only deal with directly spamming other players via tells/channels etc. Making a rule might be difficult, because there's no clear line between "acceptable" forms of a client sending lots of commands/requests and "dick moves". Is it ok to squint in all directions whenever you want to look for something/someone and gag the output? What if you do that every time you move? Is it ok to use a gagged WHO as a locating ability and use it frequently? What if your client does that automatically every 10 seconds?

Sometimes it's easier to just slap a balance loss on something than having to bother with making all sorts of in-game rules, deal with exceptions, deal with rulebreakers, deal with people who complain about being punished unfairly, etc.

Personally I don't see the problem with honours taking balance. You just have to get used to not doing it all the time. It was a different thing with emotes taking balance, which I'm really glad they removed. Custom emoting is something that should be encouraged by the game, constant "honoursing" isn't.
  • Iocun said:
    Personally I don't see the problem with honours taking balance. You just have to get used to not doing it all the time. It was a different thing with emotes taking balance, which I'm really glad they removed. Custom emoting is something that should be encouraged by the game, constant "honoursing" isn't.
    Checking people's honours is part of my idle spam. It's incredibly difficult to override years worth of habit.

Oh well. I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. :P
  • Vakvyr said:
    Iocun said:
    Checking people's honours is part of my idle spam. It's incredibly difficult to override years worth of habit.

I understand that. Getting rid of some idle spam habits is hard. But feel the negative consequences of doing so often enough and you'll adapt eventually.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Last night I went to bed extremely confused. I couldn't find my bow. It was on my Artie list, so I thought maybe something yoinked it when I died, or something, but then it didn't come back.

I went to bed perplexed, woke up and saw that my bow still had not returned. On the cusp of filing a bug report, I suddenly remembered: I have a baldric.

In conclusion, can we have some way of showing where our weapons are sheathed on Artie or weapon list.

• Iocun said:
    Vakvyr said:
    Iocun said:

I understand that. Getting rid of some idle spam habits is hard. But feel the negative consequences of doing so often enough and you'll adapt eventually.
    Not necessarily true that you'll eventually adapt, take it from me. I just end up excruciatingly bored because there are so few things I can do while waiting to move.

Still, I get why the cost was put on and don't expect it to be removed.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Well, you could script yourself a safeguard against it, requiring you to type in "confirm" after honours or something while you're following, but of course you'd have to accurately track when you're following someone for that, which can be a bit of a hassle (not so much for starting to follow, but for the things that make you stop following and may not necessarily have a message).
  • Can we just get an Honours cooldown?
  • Just honours knowing about the EQ hit, or make an alias that only fires when you aren't doing stuff.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    This actually feels more like an oversight than anything else, but the marble plinth from the Shop of Wonders is kinda lacking in certain obvious functionalities.

1) It does not allow you to LOOK PLINTH <Item ID>  (which the display case allows)

2) If you put a journal on it, you can't read the journal either, which I feel is a shame.

3) The plinth isn't encased in glass or anything so item displayed should actually still have an interactive quality to it(touch/push/pull, at least touching)

• Cause I'm lazy and have difficulty doing the time calculations to my zone, especially with the Seranade and each day of an Achaean month being a little off-set from the last, just a little bar on the main portal page of the website that states the date in Achaea at that moment. Then maybe I'll be better able to join events and such. 
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Fire and Spice as a universe exit. Duh.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Allow apostates/priests the ability to custom their weapons. Convert the summoning over to DW weapons/cloaks if you have to do so.
  • Gallida said:
    Allow apostates/priests the ability to custom their weapons. Convert the summoning over to DW weapons/cloaks if you have to do so.
    What do you mean? I’m pretty sure they can be customized. I know the maces can be, why can’t the daeggars?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Atalkez said:
    Gallida said:
    Allow apostates/priests the ability to custom their weapons. Convert the summoning over to DW weapons/cloaks if you have to do so.
    What do you mean? I’m pretty sure they can be customized. I know the maces can be, why can’t the daeggars?
    Only the artefact maces can be customed. Basic maces, and all daeggers (since there's no artie version) can't be customized. Nor can angels/baalzadeens.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • The shadow scythes can’t be either, so I’m still not sure what the request is. You can’t custom the cloak until you nondecay it, either. Maybe I’m missing something.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Melodie said:
    Atalkez said:
    Gallida said:
    Only the artefact maces can be customed. Basic maces, and all daeggers (since there's no artie version) can't be customized. Nor can angels/baalzadeens.
    There are artie daeggers though, no? Can't they be customed? 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Melodie said:
    Atalkez said:
    Gallida said:
    There are artie daeggers though, no? Can't they be customed? 

Yes, and yes.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Oh, I forgot they actually added artie ones. Yeah, anything artefact can be customed no problem.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Few ideas
    - being able to see latest msgs first. MSGS DESCENDING/ MSGS DESC
    - artefact for occultists - Deck of Infinity (or Deck of Unnamed Artist). Unlimited cards of all varieties for use. Eliminates need to ink cards. 

• Swikaan said:
    Few ideas
    - artefact for occultists - Deck of Infinity (or Deck of Unnamed Artist). Unlimited cards of all varieties for use. Eliminates need to ink cards. 

Inscribing tarot cards is extremely straight forward and fits in with other classes needing to "prep" some stuff to fight. Being able to inscribe 20 at a time also makes things easier, even more so with a quill.

I can't see a need for unlimited tarot. I'm saying this as a Jester / Occie for most of my 16yrs playing time. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Swikaan said:
    Few ideas

MSG LISTR