Membership bonuses.

2»

Comments

• MOAR CREDITS!

And @ all the people talking crap about the trait system, you're the ones using the same traits. Some people load up on our ability to drink alcohol and get discounts from vendors and smooth talk Seasone until the admins facepalm.
  • Paux said:
    MOAR CREDITS!

And @ all the people talking crap about the trait system, you're the ones using the same traits. Some people load up on our ability to drink alcohol and get discounts from vendors and smooth talk Seasone until the admins facepalm.
    Minor traits are wonderfully varied. Major traits are (for most classes) cut and dry. Monk shows how robust it could be, while something like serpent is very cookie cutter.
  • Every five months of service signed up the Achaean staff will come up with a signature sandwich combination, freeze it in dry ice, and ship it out to yer home as a 'THANKS' PURE RL benefit of somethin random and silly ^.~  The only thing I could see being added to the membership, is a mayan crown per month/months of service or maybe a reward based on the number of months been signed up. 
  • +1 to aim to kill and lucky, without consuming trait slot. Alternatively, bigger boost to aim to kill and lucky. Access to new hunting grounds limited only for the members (members get tokens to access, while others can quests for the token).

Other random ideas relevant to me: slightly better ROI on harvesting, mining etc or cost a tiny less resources. Bigger lab transmutation limit. Priority queuing on customisation requests. Free draw on rare minerals. 
  • Agreed, please no member only stuff.
  • Dochitha said:
    +1 to aim to kill and lucky, without consuming trait slot. Alternatively, bigger boost to aim to kill and lucky. Access to new hunting grounds limited only for the members (members get tokens to access, while others can quests for the token).

Other random ideas relevant to me: slightly better ROI on harvesting, mining etc or cost a tiny less resources. Bigger lab transmutation limit. Priority queuing on customisation requests. Free draw on rare minerals. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Dochitha said:
    +1 to aim to kill and lucky, without consuming trait slot. Alternatively, bigger boost to aim to kill and lucky. Access to new hunting grounds limited only for the members (members get tokens to access, while others can quests for the token).

Please no.

• Only thing that I could see is the transmutation limit raised but not by much. But I havent transmuted since "the change" (tm)  The queuing ....maaaaybe, but unfair for a f2p (lol)  game.  The rest is a solid pass

• Members should get the ADJUSTME emote back. 
  • So, I realize this is a tangential point, but I do feel like it may still hold a bit of valid feedback. Part of the reason I eventually stopped my membership was that I wasn't logging on often enough to make the daily bonus or exp bonus worth it. Perhaps along with looking at what other daily log-on incentives could be offered, you guys may want to investigate other incentive structures for folks that might not play daily or would prefer a more substantive bonus for when they can better utilize it (set of exp boosting potions, lesson pack instead of daily lessons, etc).
  • You still get the monthly credits and boosted experience for when you do log in.  Personally, I consider that a fair enough trade.  It is up to me whether I want to maximize my investment by logging in every day or not - it shouldn't be the default - otherwise it removes some of the incentive to log in at all and contributing to the game atmosphere (and giving admin login click numbers) while still gaining all the benefits.

• Caelan said:
    You still get the monthly credits and boosted experience for when you do log in.  Personally, I consider that a fair enough trade.  It is up to me whether I want to maximize my investment by logging in every day or not - it shouldn't be the default - otherwise it removes some of the incentive to log in at all and contributing to the game atmosphere (and giving admin login click numbers) while still gaining all the benefits.
    I can only speak my opinion and experience, but I felt that it wasn't worth it at the end. I was mostly using the bound credits to convert to lessons, and after I hit trans in most of my class skills, I stopped using them. Hell, I still have 450 elite credits that are just sitting there from when I kept it going just for the exp boost. 

To me it was just easier and a better value to buy unbound credits, sell them for gold, and then use that to buy hunting supplies and Profithyst for while I was hunting. If there were a membership offer that gave me that sort of value and was tailored towards a weekly log in or was just thrown in with the monthly benefits (even if it was a lesser yield than the daily log in bonus), I'd have been more inclined to keep it rolling.
  • Not sure if this was asked yet - but any particular reason transferring membership credits to a character does not grant the bonus lessons?  That could be a small, easy addition.
  • The lessons are per char per daily login, no?  All you would have to do is login that char per day.

• Caelan said:
    The lessons are per char per daily login, no?  All you would have to do is login that char per day.
    They're talking about the 2.5 lesson bonus you get for converting the first 1000 credits to bound.
  • Antonius said:
    Caelan said:
    The lessons are per char per daily login, no?  All you would have to do is login that char per day.
    They're talking about the 2.5 lesson bonus you get for converting the first 1000 credits to bound.

Yep, that.
  • Ah. My misunderstanding. 

• Necro powers activate.
    Has this been sidelined now that people aren't in a fit over it? Is there any plan to implement these new bonuses or daily bonuses? Are things only addressed if people get mad?

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• We haven't forgotten about this, but being a producer down (see Announce #5219 for more information) has meant that several projects lined up for completion were unavoidably backburnered. Things should get back to normal speed once Nicola has recovered and is back with us properly.
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • Coming back to this, having a membership benefit of once per month being able to MEMBERSHIP TRADEIN <artefact> to swap to another artefact of equal or lesser value, so if you purchase a veil, you could MEMBERSHIP TRADEIN VEIL and MEMBERSHIP TRADEOUT <item>, so something worth 2500 or less (could grab +3str for example, or perhaps you REALLY want lightspire so you lose a little less credits to grab that). 

Could also make things a bit more automated for the times you get people wanting to refund artefacts after a few days because it doesn't work out as well as they'd like, or even a MEMBERSHIP BORROW (artefact) that you get for an hour but can only use in spars. Just things to (if possible) allow for more streamlined testing and general playing around with before deciding on a purchase or class.
  • Ictinus said:
    We haven't forgotten about this, but being a producer down (see Announce #5219 for more information) has meant that several projects lined up for completion were unavoidably backburnered. Things should get back to normal speed once Nicola has recovered and is back with us properly.

She's still sick? Oh crap. Really hoping she gets better soon!