Queueing Issues and Magi

I've been delving into Magi combat over the past few weeks and have run into some problems with the way that Magi class interacts with the queueing system. Ideally the purpose of the queueing system is to reduce response time and potentially minimize the amount of commands entered to execute abilities. 

From what I've experienced, there seem to be some idiosyncrasies when trying to queue both staffstrike and golem attacks together. Sometimes they go off together without a problem. Other times they will ping pong back and forth between eq and balance when the intention is for them to be executed together. (There may be a way to account for this using GMCP to track my eq and balance and only enter one attack or the other depending on which balance state i'm in, but it seems like a system level issue)

I've been experimenting with the different configurations of:
Queueing the balance attack (staffstrike) with EQBAL, Golem attacks with EQBAL
I have had the most success with this option, but often encounters scenarios where you get ping-ponging dependent on when you use your attack. (Most successful when used after regaining equilibrium).

Queueing the balance attack (staffstrike) with EQBAL, and leaving out designation for queueing (only works with auto queueing CONFIG turned on)
Similar to the above, as i've been told that the system tries to apply the attack to the queue that's most appropriate for it.

Queueing the balance attack (staffstrike) with EQBAL, Golem attacks with EQ
Results in consistent bouncing back and forth between staffstrikes and golem attacks. Basically just doesn't work.

Question 1:
Am I doing something fundamentally wrong that i've overlooked?

Question 2:
Despite what I've been told after having bugged this, is this functioning as intended? (also have noticed some similar issues when queueing combos as a sentinel)

Question 3:
If the above answer to 2 is yes, can we please have some sort of combo ability added to Artificing that allows for some easing of this functionality? It feels unnecessarily complicated and makes the class very difficult to code for.

Comments

• You’ll need to queue both actions a single time, instead of trying to queue them separately, I believe?

setalias Magi stand/staffstrike &tar whatever/golem whatever &tar;queue add eqbal Magi

So you’re queuing trhe combination to eqbal instead of one, then expecting the queue to still send the golem while off eq but in balance.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • what atalkez said
  • You don't have to use setalias though. You can use the in game separator.

config commandseparator ||

queue add eqbal staffstrike target blah||golem blah

Either way works, though.

• queue addclear eqbal <stuff> :angry:

• Why use addclear when you can use 
    clearqueue all
    queue add eqbal stand
    queue add eqbal dostuff
    Every time?

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Iaxus said:
    Why use addclear when you can use 
    clearqueue all
    queue add eqbal stand
    queue add eqbal dostuff
    Every time?

is this not how everyone does it?
  • Everyone should be using addclear, doing it the other way is clunky and takes more server power. 

• Rackham said:

Per balance? You gotta up those numbers to at least per second.

• The difference between using the separator with setalias or with the in game separator is when you use setalias, you won't have a limit on how many commands you can send.
    spread positivity
  • If you aren’t just holding down enter during combat are you really fighting
  • Vender said:
    The difference between using the separator with setalias or with the in game separator is when you use setalias, you won't have a limit on how many commands you can send.

If you need to send more than 10 actions per bal you have other issues. Though if you really need to you can also just do:
    queue addclear eqbal stand/parry/wield/etc
    queue add eqbal <your attacks>

Same amount of commands being sent than doing setalias/queue the alias.

• touch amnesia / stand / parry / get corpse / get monolith from pouch / get flame from pouch / attach flame to monolith / drop monolith / get axe|artifact recall axe / throw axe at person / OTHER STUFF I PROBABLY FORGOT / etc.

touch amnesia / stand / vault / parry / homunculus / get mono / get flame / attach flame / drop mono / evaluate / temper / wrack / OTHER STUFF I PROBABLY FORGOT / etc.
  • edited March 2020
    If you see me spamming stupidity messages 700000 times in group combat, mind your business.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I do both. Create a clean alias through the client, built to check all the things. I very deliberately press the key and watch for it to fire in the next balance. Then, I'm paralysed and it doesn't fire correctly. 

I then press the key with enough force to push it through the keyboard and hold it down until I can no longer read the text on the screen, gritting my teeth with seething hatred for all things queuing until I see Paux's limb breaking highlights, at which point, I gather my senses and very deliberately type T-U-M-B-L-E N-O-R-T-H and enter. 

You see no exit in that direction. 

I THEN HOLD DOWN THE ENTER KEY UNTIL THE REST OF MY LIMBS ARE BROKEN AND I'M DISEMBOWELED. 

Then Paux shakes their hand and gives sine congratulatory compliment. And I try to shake off the adrenaline enough some soju.