Player Pics

Comments

• And since I saw some tattoo photos in here I will share mine. Here's the first... when I paid for a crappily done tattoo. I wasn't happy with the way it turned out... 

Here it is all fixed after I went to a different artist.

• Stocking up for COVID be like..

• OK but legit what's with the toilet paper thing. I thought it was a meme til I went to walmart....
  • Rackham said:
    OK but legit what's with the toilet paper thing. I thought it was a meme til I went to walmart....
    Well, know how they use bottlecaps as currency in Fallout?

People are dumber than Fallout when it comes to things that make good currency in the wastelands.
  • Market saturation has never been more terrifying.
  • Rackham said:
    OK but legit what's with the toilet paper thing. I thought it was a meme til I went to walmart....

Long story short: Irrational monkey see, monkey do.

• Wonder how you all are faring during this intense time
  • Doing awesome here. Hubby went shopping in the early morning when the grocery stores first opened. Best time to go honestly before the crowds hit. We are fully stocked in my house! However, I am a healthcare worker and am scared to death this thing is gonna hit where I work, and soon.
  • Lyrikai said:
    Doing awesome here. Hubby went shopping in the early morning when the grocery stores first opened. Best time to go honestly before the crowds hit. We are fully stocked in my house! However, I am a healthcare worker and am scared to death this thing is gonna hit where I work, and soon.
    PSA this is terrible advice. Avoid grocery stores during the morning opening hours, they are absolutely slammed with people then. 

• Cooper said:
    Lyrikai said:
    Doing awesome here. Hubby went shopping in the early morning when the grocery stores first opened. Best time to go honestly before the crowds hit. We are fully stocked in my house! However, I am a healthcare worker and am scared to death this thing is gonna hit where I work, and soon.
    PSA this is terrible advice. Avoid grocery stores during the morning opening hours, they are absolutely slammed with people then. 
    Didn’t sound like advice at all to me, just an anecdote. I’m sure the crowds hit at different times depending on the store and where you live, and it sounds like going first thing worked out just fine for her. Here’s another anecdote: My grocery store is 24h so I go in the middle of the night, usually a ghost town.

• Stefana said:
    Cooper said:
    Lyrikai said:
    Didn’t sound like advice at all to me, just an anecdote. I’m sure the crowds hit at different times depending on the store and where you live, and it sounds like going first thing worked out just fine for her. Here’s another anecdote: My grocery store is 24h so I go in the middle of the night, usually a ghost town.
    That's so strange, cause I work right next to a grocery store, can see it out my window. The least busy time is early morning and it starts filling up around 9AM and gets really crazy at like 3PM.

It's almost like different people who live it different places experience things differently....so strange...

• Or...maybe I have access to more information than you.

I'm a district sales manager for a very large beverage wholesaler that has distribution throughout the entire continental US. I have personally been in more than 30 different grocery stores, and my team has been in a total of 150 since the beginning of March.

Every single store has been busiest in the morning, our current process is to NOT send reps in the morning because we can't get anything done until about 8-9am after the initial customer rush.

If you'd like pictures of the lines right after store opening, I'd be happy to share them with you. It is not a good time to go.

Lyrikai's comment is anecdotal, mine is backed by being in the industry that is being affected right now. Your choice on who to trust, you won't have any sympathy from me or grocery store employees who are absolutely slammed on store opening every day.

• Sorry for the double post, but I forgot this in the last one.

A lot of chains and local stores are asking customers to stay away during the first hour of business unless you are immune compromised, elderly, or otherwise at greater risk to Covid-19 than normal.

For example, Stop and Shop stores open at 6am. They ask until 7:30 that only those people shop.

Target is reserving the first hour of business.

Dollar general is reserving the first hour of business.

There are tons more of these.

Please, do not go to stores first thing when they open. Not only are you putting yourself at greater risk by doing this, you are putting every single other person in danger as well.

Source for a couple of the stores doing the special opening hours, this is extremely far from a complete list.

• edited March 2020
    Meh. Not worth it. I've been on enough front lines that I don't need to pretend to be on this one too.  Continue....

• Player Pics

• Minifie said:

Player Pics

My fault! I commented on a 'empty shelves pic' and it kinda degenerated. :P
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    edited April 2020
    Sobriquet said:
    Lyrikai said:
    Healthcare workers are the fucking heroes of this world right now. That includes you. Please stay safe and thank you to you and your colleagues for everything you are doing. 
    Thank you for all you do, healthcare workers abroad!
    Give a big socially-distanced hug to teachers as well; I'm married to one, with 6 year-old twins. How she's kept her sanity while teaching, and teaching, is amazing.

• edited April 2020
    Truth #8: The Body may be made Stronger by smoking parking lot signs on your bike. 

Ty Sartan. 

• edited May 2020
    When your motorcycle meets malformities in the road (in a turn) at 40 mph, zero fun things happen.

• Nice. That will leave a sweet scar.  Glad you're ok. Better you v road than you v car AND road.  

Again glad you're at least safe.  That shit will heal up.  Next question, what were you riding? :-)

• @Caelan Suzuki Marauder VZ800. The broke college student's version of a Harley.
  • Lost 23 lbs in 3 months. Feeling accomplished.

• Peak said:
    @Caelan Suzuki Marauder VZ800. The broke college student's version of a Harley.
    Nice.  I'm on a 2017 883 SuperLow and actually love it.  It is comparable, spec-wise, to the 'zuki.   Used to talk shit about Sportsters but it is so stupidly fun ro ride.  I needed something low and light to get back into riding and it fit the bill. No knee on the left so I put in a race shifter and the thing is just so much fun. Looking to put a Hammer 1275 kit in it though. Highway speeds of 70 suuuuck. Plus my wife has a 2005 1200 so I need to have a bigger motor :-)

• @Caelan I'm just happy that my motorcycle is fine. I broke its fall.

This bone is the reason I had a puncture wound in the bottom of my foot

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Paux said:

Lost 23 lbs in 3 months. Feeling accomplished.

Those dorms bring back hazy memories