(Mudlet) AshliaGUI 2.0 - A Simple, Install-and-Done GUI

AshliaGUI 2.0

CLICK HERE FOR A FULL SIZED IMAGE

Ashlia's GUI (1.0) can be found here. You don't need it for this version to work. This link is only here for reference.

What's new?
  • All free space is now utilized.
  • The issue with the boxes being too big or small on some screen resolutions has been fixed.
  • The gauges are smaller so they take up less screen space.
  • Added a msg / news tracker on the left, character stats / target at the top and gold tracker on the right.
  • All font sizes across the GUI can now be easily changed.
  • Space has been added between chat lines for improved readability.
Future updates:
  • Vinton's suggestion: The ocean map will appear in the map box while sailing, instead of in the game window.
  • Kryger's suggestion: The chat window will have tabs for each channel.

Installation instructions:

I made a video tutorial for my last GUI release. The steps are still the same, minus the box size fix at the end. You can watch it here.
  1. Download svo here. More information about svo is available here. (You need it for your hp/mp/en/wp bars and the "Who Here" box to work.)
  2. Install svo.
  3. Download the GUI triggers here.
  4. Download the GUI scripts here.
  5. Install the GUI triggers.
  6. Install the GUI scripts.
  7. Restart Mudlet, and you're done!
I am willing to customize this GUI's elements to fit your needs (tips are appreciated for this). If something isn't working, please let me know! I will try my best to help you fix it. I'm available in game and on Discord often. (Ashlia#4038)

Comments

• This looks great!
  • Looks awesome, gonna try it out today! 

• finally got to installing this, and it worked just as you said it would.   Thanks
  • Evanston said:
    finally got to installing this, and it worked just as you said it would.   Thanks
    I'm so glad it's working for you. :)

• Hello, @Ashlia ! I was going to comment in the other thread where your GUI 1.0 version was posted until I saw this thread. I downloaded from here instead. Everything worked better than the other one because when I used 1.0, there were strange black boxes covering the left and right sides.

With this 2.0 version, everything is where they should be. But I have a slight issue with the wrapping in the main window. So I tried to follow the link to your YouTube video only to see that the video was removed.

The wrapping in the main window needs to be adjusted where specifically? I'm using a laptop at the moment. Your help would be appreciated!

Keep up the great work!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Loaded this up and trying to get it working properly, but I've no idea what I'm doing. Anyone by chance able to assist?

This is what I'm looking at:

• Kresslack said:
    Loaded this up and trying to get it working properly, but I've no idea what I'm doing. Anyone by chance able to assist?

This is what I'm looking at:

type QL 

• Sorry, @Kresslack type QL and it will fix it.  Or move one room.
  • Looks good! Any idea why my chat window would not be wrapping up lines? 
  • Do you have the BeatBox mod installed? 

• Don't think so, what is it and where do I get it?
  • edited June 2019
    Dominius said:
    Don't think so, what is it and where do I get it?
    That was just a bad DadJoke about 'rapping lines'.

I don't use SVOF so I don't know other components that may interfere (disclaimer: I also don't have this installed but took a quick peek at the script for "Chat"), but you can check CONFIG in-game to see what your word wrap is.

- or -

You could look for something along the lines of setWindowWrap("Chat", 180) where Chat is the name of the window (I think it is in this case), and the number is how far you want the word wrap.  If it isn't there, just add it to the Chat script and adjust it as needed.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited June 2019
    Evanston said:
    Sorry, @Kresslack type QL and it will fix it.  Or move one room.
    @Evanston, wasn't referring to the map, was talking about the label or container on the left. It's a giant black box that I can't adjust, move, etc no matter what I do.

EDIT: Nvm, finally found the right values to adjust!

• Just downloaded this, it's perfect. The ease was of course amazing but the simple style of it is something I've been trying for but just couldn't get sizing or layout down. Much appreciated!

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Did Ashlia die forever?

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    Did Ashlia die forever?
    Nope! She'll still pop in and help, and I'm going to try and update and add things to her GUI with her help! 
  • Mishgul said:
    Did Ashlia die forever?
    Oof! I'm sorry for the inactivity here. I'm still around.
    Minifie said:
    Mishgul said:
    Did Ashlia die forever?
    Nope! She'll still pop in and help, and I'm going to try and update and add things to her GUI with her help! 
    Thank you, thank you Miniboo. I'm excited!

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Your discord accr is borked for me  cant add you. Was looking at modifying it with some of my own scripts :)

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    Your discord accr is borked for me  cant add you. Was looking at modifying it with some of my own scripts :)
    Oh, yeah. I deleted my Discord account. I'm sorry. Yes! I would love that!

Discord:  Button 咽気カ#0904

• i was wondering is there an easy way to make one of the boxes into a affliction box instead? or something like that? 
  • Ashlia retired...I was really looking forward to seeing what would be added to the GUI in the future!
  • I just installed, most things are working, but for some reason the who-here and the info here are just empty boxes. I had a different script that was pulling, but this one looks much cleaner, im not sure if that what is causing the issues or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated
  • Vruunak said:
    I just installed, most things are working, but for some reason the who-here and the info here are just empty boxes. I had a different script that was pulling, but this one looks much cleaner, im not sure if that what is causing the issues or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    I'll give it a look later today or tomorrow, depending on circumstances.
  • Could just need the GMCP pushed? Have you tried using LOOK? 

• Ive got it figured now, was disabled because something else was grabbing it. I didnt realize scripts still ran if locked.
  • has anyone upgraded the chat box for tabs by chance?
  • I also cannot get the who here box to show anything. It just shows blank space
  • Hmmm is the window appearing at all and you’re just not getting any names to populate the shown window when you’re in a room with people, or is there just no who here window appearing? I can help a bit with this since my whohere seems to be working with this display. 
  • This happened to me, but it was because I didn't have svo installed. Perhaps that's the issue?
  • Hey, awesome UI! Nice and simple and clean. Something I did if anyone likes it, I added in the HP percent of the target. Just go under (Chat/Map) GUI Base -> Header Functions and change lines 19-23 to this:

function charTarget(event)
        if gmcp.Char.Status then
            GUI.Icon4:echo("<center>Target: " .. gmcp.Char.Status.target .. "|HP: " ..gmcp.IRE.Target.Info.hpperc)
        end
    end

and add:

registerAnonymousEventHandler("gmcp.IRE.Target.Info", "charTarget")

to the very bottom of the script and it will give you something like: Target: 46498|HP: 100%