Armbands

edited February 2020 in Monk
Tekura seems to be a strange subject that my faction has a hard time being definite on.  I reached out and did not get the response I was looking for so I will ask here.  In regards to the artifact armband, what does it actually improve upon? Does it help with dodging? Does it help with Sweepkick? What exactly am I getting if I purchase this?

Message #5064       Sent by Makarios
2020/2/14/8:20 Sure! Tekura armbands are a boost to accuracy modifiers on your attacks.

I borrowed a set and couldn't figure how it was an improvement.  For $300 I would like to know.

Comments

• It's exactly what Mak said. Though I'm not sure tekura really has problems hitting people anymore, except maybe high dex serpents. Dodging is what they helped with, yes.

• edited February 2020
    Airlords and Serpents are what the armband is for. Airlords you'll typically have around a 50% miss rate with normal Tekura, but sweepkick doesn't miss and they can't mount, so you can just sweep hammerfist for a slower prep.

Serpents with high dex are actually opressive to fight as a Tekura Monk. Santar, who has prioritized Dex and dodging traits, weaves and mounts, I have a 90%+ miss rate on with no armband in some fights. I've thrown four combos in a row and not landed a single hit.
  • edited February 2020
    Namino said:
    Airlords and Serpents are what the armband is for. Airlords you'll typically have around a 50% miss rate with normal Tekura, but sweepkick doesn't miss and they can't mount, so you can just sweep hammerfist for a slower prep.

Serpents with high dex are actually opressive to fight as a Tekura Monk. Santar, who has prioritized Dex and dodging traits, weaves and mounts, I have a 90%+ miss rate on with no armband in some fights. I've thrown four combos in a row and not landed a single hit.
    Yeah I get the problem, do they help with dodges or just misses? I was under the impression that accuracy only applied to an attack’s chance to miss, not it being dodged? Just looking to clarify that. 
  • edited February 2020
    Dodges, AFAIK, are included. Misses due to clumsy might actually be a flat proc chance regardless of armband. I don't have enough information to say there.
  • Here I am thinking somebody else shared my frustrations with armbands being hidden my sleeves....
  • Armband doesn't alter clumsy, it's just accuracy which clumsy doesn't affect. Pretty much just vs avoidance checks.