What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Cobault said:

This happened to me today.

Congratulations!! I miss those days. It all goes way too fast! 

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Been working on that resolution for at least a RL year.

You dive behind cover as the massive flame-infused creature reaches critical mass. Screaming in rage and pain, a coruscating fire elemental explodes with a massive blast, decimating almost everything in the surrounding area. As the elating experience of victory washes over you, you feel your understanding of the world improve.
    With the completion of your adventure, you feel your renown grow to new heights! (You gain 100 
    Renown.)
    You just received message #11476 from Achaea.
    You receive 1 bound credit.
    You just received message #11477 from Achaea.
    You have completed the Rubble Rouser resolution! Congratulations!
    You just received message #11478 from Achaea.
    You just received a group of 25 mementoes!
  • edited February 2020
    Achilles said:
    Been working on that resolution for at least a RL year.

You dive behind cover as the massive flame-infused creature reaches critical mass. Screaming in rage and pain, a coruscating fire elemental explodes with a massive blast, decimating almost everything in the surrounding area. As the elating experience of victory washes over you, you feel your understanding of the world improve.
    With the completion of your adventure, you feel your renown grow to new heights! (You gain 100 
    Renown.)
    You just received message #11476 from Achaea.
    You receive 1 bound credit.
    You just received message #11477 from Achaea.
    You have completed the Rubble Rouser resolution! Congratulations!
    You just received message #11478 from Achaea.
    You just received a group of 25 mementoes!

I might have stolen something from @Micaelis and @Veldrin

He has banished the daemonic serpent Yuthka, freeing the Oracle of Prin.

@Achilles just pick it up again. We're not done yet! :) 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • You have completed the Undead Genocide resolution! Congratulations!
    You just received message #1705 from Achaea.
    You just received a group of 10 mementoes!

• Explored around Eleusis. Tried to get into the arena. Vinceres becalmed us and killed Aleth.

In revenge, we blew up a chunk of Eleusis. Sorry @Aleth, you were avenged.
  • Aurora showed back up (YAY) and my bird got pats. :D 

Aurora pets Jacquillin, a Silverveil osprey very nicely.
    Jacquillin, a Silverveil osprey tenses for a moment before visibly relaxing as Aurora's hands brush across her wonderful plumage.
  • Atalkez said:
    2020/03/02 02:12:55 - Aegoth, Atalkez, Crixos, Dalran, Ellryn, Elman, Kylassa, Minifie, and Proficy have destroyed The ruins of Atop the southern Pillar of the Morning.

2020/03/02 02:52:34 - Aegoth, Atalkez, Crixos, Dalran, Ellryn, Elman, Kylassa, Minifie, Proficy, and Saibel have destroyed The ruins of Underneath a massive oak in the Park of Hashan.

2020/03/02 03:34:39 - Aegoth, Atalkez, Crixos, Dalran, Ellryn, Elman, Kylassa, Minifie, Proficy, Saibel, and Taryius have destroyed The ruins of Deep within the Rowan.

2020/03/02 05:26:19 - Aegoth, Atalkez, Crixos, Dalran, Ellryn, Minifie, Syndra, and Taryius have destroyed The ruins of Statue of Artemis, Goddess of the Cataclysm.

2020/03/02 05:28:29 - Aegoth, Atalkez, Crixos, Dalran, Minifie, Syndra, and Taryius have destroyed The ruins of Fifth level of the Cyrenian Pantheon.

Busy day, even if @Taryius did ruin our game of around the world.
    Power move: Tank Mhaldor
  • Ygia said:
    Aurora showed back up (YAY) and my bird got pats. :D 

Aurora pets Jacquillin, a Silverveil osprey very nicely.
    Jacquillin, a Silverveil osprey tenses for a moment before visibly relaxing as Aurora's hands brush across her wonderful plumage.
    I saw that, and actually felt happy for Targossas. Welcome back, Aurora.

• Atalkez said:

2020/03/02 02:52:34 - Aegoth, Atalkez, Crixos, Dalran, Ellryn, Elman, Kylassa, Minifie, Proficy, and Saibel have destroyed The ruins of Underneath a massive oak in the Park of Hashan.

If you could just finish off that entire park, pls and ty. 😶
  • You quickly assemble a map fragment.

Ancient and weathered, this shred of parchment once comprised the southeastern corner of an aged map. Countless stains are visible all over its surface, the remnants of exotic substances from all over the world joining in confusing union within its many crumpled folds. A compass is painted into one of the corners, surrounded on all sides by flowing, spidery notations written in some unfamiliar tongue. So diverse and curious is this map that merely a glance conveys an overwhelming sense of excitement and adventure, as if the ravaged chart has seen a thousand sights, and could tell a thousand tales.
    It weighs 10 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Astarod.
    It will reset to you.

Thank you to everyone who helped me over and over and over again to build this talisman. In particular, @Tianondria @Achilles, @Veldrin, @Yen, @Icraa, @Sothantos, @Vinzent, @Jayden, @Ygia and many, many more. (Even @Seragorn)

@Nicola @Ictinus Not sure if I'm supposed to see another foray or not, but I can't, sadly. 

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • It's only a map fragment. Joke's on you, now you have to collect 3 more fragments to have the map.
  • Just want to randomly state it's bullshit Eleusis got skipped again for a city that's had active Divine.  

I mean, yeah Eleusis made an ass of themselves years (literal centuries) ago, but whatever, at least we got cake, right, and its not as if we're in need of actual factional God, nah not at all. 

Good luck keeping this one around, Targossas

Oh as far as what I did today, I listened to an entire village have a deep settling of lost hope, after hearing we'd been passed over once again.  Volunteering is cool, but having to use secondary concepts in Gods ( <3@Aegis ) for a entire faction this long is dumb.

• Milabar said:
    Just want to randomly state it's bullshit Eleusis got skipped again for a city that's had active Divine.  

I mean, yeah Eleusis made an ass of themselves years (literal centuries) ago, but whatever, at least we got cake, right, and its not as if we're in need of actual factional God, nah not at all. 

Good luck keeping this one around, Targossas

Oh as far as what I did today, I listened to an entire village have a deep settling of lost hope, after hearing we'd been passed over once again.  Volunteering is cool, but having to use secondary concepts in Gods ( <3@Aegis ) for a entire faction this long is dumb.

This was said elsewhere, can't remember where, but Eleusis was set to get a patron, until it got leaked. 

If people don't want to play in Eleusis, then maybe you guys gotta change it up! Make it a fun place to be for future volunteers.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• Vhaith said:
    If people don't want to play in Eleusis, then maybe you guys gotta change it up! Make it a fun place to be for future volunteers.
    That's good advice, but also kinda not? People have preferences that exist regardless of a faction's current state. Eleusis could be the bee's knees in every way and it wouldn't matter if the next volunteer just really wanted to be a God that has nothing to do with Nature.
  • WHO ADDED ANIMATIONS TO THE STATUS BARS ON NEXUS WITHOUT TELLING ME!?!!???!?

I almost got killed by something and saw the little heart in the health bar WUB and I second guessed myself, as to whether that's always been there.

Love it.
  • Vakvyr said:
    Vhaith said:
    That's good advice, but also kinda not? People have preferences that exist regardless of a faction's current state. Eleusis could be the bee's knees in every way and it wouldn't matter if the next volunteer just really wanted to be a God that has nothing to do with Nature.
    Yes, but preferences also exist for a reason. People aren't going to play in a faction that doesn't seem fun or interesting to them.

Then again, people might not play in a fun/interesting faction if they don't feel they can pull off what is needed to be a Divine there.

Just ask Sartan to patron you guys. Become Evil Nature.

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• It would be nice if there were more Order members to raise/drop shrines because we have fallen into this cycle of accepting the shrines for months on end, then finally having someone who can raise shrines around so it isnt totally pointless..

I will say that Eleusis was doing better for a while. Though I don't think it was up to a point where a God would say 'i need to be a part of this activity'.  I think @Andraste worked hard to change a lot of attitudes and met with some success. But it was/is still at that point where it is a patchwork of sporadic efforts rather than a continuous unifying thing.  But the festivals and stuff are helping. It will just take a bit more effort.

• Got a hearty LOL out of people thinking they are entitled to a divine, fuck what the VOLUNTEER'S preference might be.

Eleusis almost had a Divine. Someone did bad. You lost your chance at a divine.

Volunteers play what they want.
  • I do feel really sorry for Eleusis but I also don't get the mentality of being like "UGH FUCK THIS IS BULLSHIT" at another city finally getting a Divine.
    Like. If someplace like Mhaldor or Ashtan got yet another I'd kiiiinda understand it? But Targ hasn't had a stable one in ages.
    Yes it sucks you don't have one and I'm sorry but please don't be mad because someone else got pudding before you when you're both starving.
  • Considering how shit of a player base we are, I'm surprised people even want to volunteer anymore, unless they want to play gods like the OG sartan.
  • Minifie said:
    gods like the OG sartan.

They can barely handle the prospect of newer players being able to catch up to them on artifacts, I don't think they'd be able to handle how OG Sartan was.