The Next Big Event

It is no secret that Achaea has a tendency of world-ending/world-changing events to take place. We've been through several such as Bal'met, Pazuzu/World Tree, Tsol'teth, etc. As usual there are generally mixed feelings to any new event to take place.

What would you like the next big event to be or compromise? What aspects do you hope to see? What achaean themes or elements do you want to be involved in?

Try to be descriptive! Flesh out the idea as much as you like.
Try to avoid destroy <x> without some reasonable story to it...
Try not to insult, but feedback is expected.

Comments

• edited February 2020
    Instead of destroying something, why don't we create something? I think it would be cool to make a new plane that might not be so hard to get to (thinking easy access like annwyn or UW, but doesn't have to be free PK, or as difficult as the latter). 

The event could be centered around the introduction of these people (does not have to be an invasion), perhaps setting up alliances with cities from the get go (I.E. having some plane-factional conflict that cities can try to toy around with). 

I feel like this would also present some conflict options, maybe even start a war so we can use that system. 

It also doesn't have to be conflict. Could be more lodes for mining, or even another set of areas for foragers. 

I think something new like this would have the effect the elemental lord introduction (which is only hindered by the placement of the embassy, IMO) had instead of maybe the large pushback that the latest Blackwave incurred. 

Just a thought, I might be very, very wrong, but it'd be nice to see something new and something each city can try to interact with uniquely- unbeholden to past precedents (well, as unbeholden as possible, really).
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • It would be interesting to me if Oblivion actually came to the prime and had large tangible effects.  I'm talking apocalypse time.  A long and drawn out campaign where things were BAD and things were really shaken up ala WoW Cataclysm expansion.  A pipe dream but I can wish :)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Achaea Cataclysm: Nishnatoba is cut in half, mhojave gets flooded, and Babel is killed by Deuc's rainbow beam of friendship thanks to Sycaerunax.
  • Torinn said:
    It would be interesting to me if Oblivion actually came to the prime and had large tangible effects.  I'm talking apocalypse time.  A long and drawn out campaign where things were BAD and things were really shaken up ala WoW Cataclysm expansion.  A pipe dream but I can wish :)

This would be so awesome. I'd even get involved if it wasn't too annoying. :P
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Open the rest of meropis and let us found a city/village/tribe/whatever down there.
  • Milabar said:
    Open the rest of meropis and let us found a city/village/tribe/whatever down there.

It's in Faur's headcanon that the lost Dwarven city of Vashnagarok is down there, waiting to be reopened by some enterprising young adventurer who doesn't know wtf they're doing, and is crowned the Second Dwarf Lord
  • My hope is on an event centered around the Kashar empire and the continent to the west. New cultures and people clashing, perhaps helping a resistance formed by previous slaves to topple the empire. Can get a taste of how people we've never been in contact with worship or even interact with the Divine (maybe even bump into their 'orders' there). Each city can choose how to interact or respond to the Kashar which would make for some fun dynamics.
  • edited February 2020
    A celestial body collides with Sapience, causing massive tidal waves that destroys all ships and harbours. Targossas and Mhaldor are whiped out with the undertow and we all forget the existence of Good and Evil. 

More new Seafaring changes are introduced that favor crews over individuals and turn Seafaring into less if a way to get gold and more of a way to advance your orgs through colonization and maintaining those colonies.

Gold sinks aren't proper gold sinks if you make even more gold for having them.  Turn gold sinks into ways to advance your orgs power/influence.
  • I personally want to see more weird alliances. Mhaldor and Eleusis have to prepare for the Artemis/Sartan wedding. Meanwhile, Hashan and Ashtan realize they're not so different after all in a heartwarming season finale.

On a serious note though, I do love the dynamic of "unpleasant allies against a greater threat"- I hate that I missed the Tsol'teth stuff and I'm super looking forward to the next thing like it.
  • Aster Keep to finally open up!!!!
  • The next big event should be :  

"We've gone through the entire code and fixed all the bugs we have reported, some that popped up along the way, and others that might pop up in the future.  We have also fixed all the quests, abusable talisman/card thing-a-majigs.  All classleads approved are now active as well."

Or maybe just updating the 'rats nest of code' we keep hearing about so that newer changes/things aren't so 'impossible'.

• Minifie said:
    Achaea Cataclysm: Nishnatoba is cut in half, mhojave gets flooded, and Babel is killed by Deuc's rainbow beam of friendship thanks to Sycaerunax.

And by a series of chaotic events as a last act of oblivion we can blow up targ... again... or if we really want it to start a nice 6 month drama it goes to blow up targ and Auroras super power rainbow shield reflects it back on mhaldor and mhaldor is blown sky high. I mean we could use a good pirate harbor on that coast couldn't we? #maybeforlogosmas #wealwaysblowsomethingupforlogosmas

On a completely different note next big thing actually having a few more deities active would be nice.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Caelan said:
    The next big event should be :  

"We've gone through the entire code and fixed all the bugs we have reported, some that popped up along the way, and others that might pop up in the future.  We have also fixed all the quests, abusable talisman/card thing-a-majigs.  All classleads approved are now active as well."

Or maybe just updating the 'rats nest of code' we keep hearing about so that newer changes/things aren't so 'impossible'.
    Sounds boring. Needs more Unnameable Horror X Slith X Bal'met triple romance.
  • The next big thing should be not necroing threads.
  • @Antonius If I stopped Necroing things it would mean I was a paladin again.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

• Faur said:
    Milabar said:
    Open the rest of meropis and let us found a city/village/tribe/whatever down there.

It's in Faur's headcanon that the lost Dwarven city of Vashnagarok is down there, waiting to be reopened by some enterprising young adventurer who doesn't know wtf they're doing, and is crowned the Second Dwarf Lord
    I’d love to go into there and start killing Orcs and Goblins and whatever else took that place
  • Faur said:
    Milabar said:

I'm ok with this. Please the more new the dwarf the better. Randomly dropping off a 20 year old dwarf in the middle of it would be great fun.

• Meriet's 21, and utterly fine with suddenly becoming a dwarflord who doesn't know what the heck she's doing. :lol:
    I have no idea what Vashnagarok even is. Let's go! :P