Ship Market

With all the changes to seafaring over the years some of us have ships that we really don't need, and they are kinda hard to sell because all the stars have to align and what not.

A new ship market run by maelstrom where someone could place their ship on the market at Tasur'ke.

To be placed on the market a ship must not have any housing on board or any gold in the strongbox, any items left on the deck will remain as normal. Once a ship is placed on the market it will automatically be placed in drydock in Tasur'ke.

Functionality:

SYNTAX : SHIPMARKET LIST

Ship                                                      Price                                           Type                      Time
<ships ###>                                           <price in gold or credits>              <ships type>         <will list how long it's been on the market.

SYNTAX :SHIPMARKET PROBE <ship's name>

This will output the SHIP INFO, SHIP CREW, SHIP AMMO STORES, SHIP STORES, as well a list of all ships equipment on board and their respective decay times.

So basically you could just sail up to Tasur'ke walk up to Maelstrom, go shipmarket sell <ship ###>, it'll check to make sure it has no housing, and the strongbox is empty, then place your ship in drydock and up on the market. 

Comments

• Morzakai said:
    With all the changes to seafaring over the years some of us have ships that we really don't need, and they are kinda hard to sell because all the stars have to align and what not.

A new ship market run by maelstrom where someone could place their ship on the market at Tasur'ke.

To be placed on the market a ship must not have any housing on board or any gold in the strongbox, any items left on the deck will remain as normal. Once a ship is placed on the market it will automatically be placed in drydock in Tasur'ke.

Functionality:

SYNTAX : SHIPMARKET LIST

Ship                                                      Price                                           Type                      Time
    <ships name>                                        <price in gold or credits>              <ships type>         <will list how long it's been on the market.

SYNTAX :SHIPMARKET PROBE <ship's name>

This will output the SHIP INFO, SHIP CREW, SHIP AMMO STORES, SHIP STORES, as well a list of all ships equipment on board and their respective decay times.

So basically you could just sail up to Tasur'ke walk up to Maelstrom, go shipmarket sell <ship name>, it'll check to make sure it has no housing, and the strongbox is empty, then place your ship in drydock and up on the market. 
    The only thing I would suggest is not listing the ship name. I think that it would be better to have it be anonymous, kind of like the talisman market so it's simply about the ship model, and specs. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Agreed edited to reflect.
  • My experience is that it's a seller's market since used ships are better than new ones. Nobody I know has ever had trouble selling a used ship and many people have tried to buy used and ended up having to commission one. It might be different if the person needs to sell quickly, like a pre-retirement thing. 

I don't think the idea is bad, just not sure it's worth the coding time for something that can so easily be done over market.