Memorable quotes

Comments

• Yeah I doubt that would be quietly included. It seems like it would be at the forefront of the announcement. Personally, I lean towards liking it tbh...
  • I didn't like much of anything that was actually in the post, but this is pretty cool.
  • You can't sanction Azdun as there's no allied PCs to kill to build to it. Only allied places to cities work. This is a huge advantage because expecting nomcoms to avoid Jaru during a raid is a lot less disruptive to their playstyle than their home city. Anyone in Jaru during a raid is most likely looking for a fight, so it's more likely that everyone's there by choice.

Also removes guard stacks. I did see a Deuc worldburn on the Jaru raid last night which felt a little icky to me, but besides that, super cool.

Don't remove it.
  • Worldburn in a village is so much easier to deal with than in a raid itself. Most shrines have a guard stack on them so dusting it or using the DW anti-shrine ability is very difficult.

Within a village you have many more options to handle it.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Hoisting his pickaxe, a dwarven labourer swings at a large chunk of rubble, crumbling the stone into a more manageable size beneath his powerful blows.

Striking with an overlarge shovel, a dwarven labourer hoists a load of stone and dirt over his shoulder.

A dwarven labourer sifts through the rubble, shifting aside stone after stone.

A dwarven labourer departs, only to return a moment later dragging a sling full of supplies behind him.

Setting hammer to nail, a dwarven labourer continues the arduous task of rebuilding what once stood.

All these hardworkin dwarves making me thirsty. 

• (Targossas): Kaios says, "Ha! Did not realize mending douses fire... I've been carrying around several buckets of water."

I've always loved some of the things real novices do. Brings back such fun memories.

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    (Targossas): Kaios says, "Ha! Did not realize mending douses fire... I've been carrying around several buckets of water."

I've always loved some of the things real novices do. Brings back such fun memories.

Wait mending douses fires?

As of 1/17/20.
  • fires on your person
  • Morsul said:
    fires on your person
    That makes a lot more sense.

As of 1/17/20.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Rackham > Jayden, Sonje, Telinus, Astarod, Archaeon, and Vinzent raided and blew tank. Chubbs, Messa, Maajida, Lorath, Jocindi, and myself attempted a defense.

Fair enough. 
  • Austere said:
    Rackham > Jayden, Sonje, Telinus, Astarod, Archaeon, and Vinzent raided and blew tank. Chubbs, Messa, Maajida, Lorath, Jocindi, and myself attempted a defense.

Fair enough. 

Wouldn't call it memorable, but we're trying. :)
    Never led a raid defense before, and it's painfully obvious how much I don't know.
  • edited January 2020
    Rackham said:
    Austere said:

Fair enough. 

Never led a raid defense before, and it's painfully obvious how much I don't know.

You did great! You got a group of people to try to get outside their comfort zone and stand up for their city. Not many other people can do that, and I'm excited to see how you grow with each fight we have.

You can DM me on discord if you want to ask for any tips/tricks on how to improve as a Depthswalker/Raid Leader. 

[also, not being sarcastic, I mean all of this]
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Rackham said:
    Austere said:

Fair enough. 

Lots if it is experience, and also adapting to changing circumstances. Good luck and great job!!!
  • Me telling the group I may be sparse due to work over the next couple weeks. Got a genuine chuckle out of this response:

(Party): @Cobault says, "A trial? What are you a fucking gladiator?"
  • (Removed cause, I don't know why, but I did) says with a mesmerising, shallamese accent, "She deserves a good dicking too."

^^ The kind of stuff you run into while harvesting/extracting. Don't know the context, and I don't wanna know.

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    The accent gives it away too
  • Citizen                                                   Rank CT  Class
    -------                                                   ---- --  -----
    Avicene, Pestilent Disciple                                 1  On  Runewarden
    Ambassador Reevah Lichlord, Champion of the Crucible        4  On  Serpent
    Holocaust Prince Taryius Lichlord, Preceptor of the...      6  On  Alchemist
    Thrall Riavan                                               1  On  Serpent
    Insid'atori Stheno Aristata                                 6  On  Serpent
    Lady Melodie Cholla'Yi, Navarch of His Navy                 5  On  Apostate
    Insid'ari Darrod Aristata, Dread Reaver of His Navy         4  On  Serpent
    Tiffany, Acolyte of Cruelty                                 1  On  Apostate
    Zarouc                                                      1  On  Blademaster
    Dread Legate Dalran, Eradicator of Weakness                 2  On  Runewarden
    Daelana, of Mhaldor                                         1  On  Infernal
    Lord Marshal Atalkez, Jagganeth of His Legion               4  On  Depthswalker
    Dread Legate Ferrn, Reaver of Malignity                     2  On  Infernal
    Thrall Yeon                                                 1  On  Bard
    Slut                                                        1  On  Psion
    Treasurer of Baelgrim Veerah                                4  On  Black Dragon
    Priestess of Malevolence Minifie Lichlord                   6  On  Psion

• In case the Siren tag was too low key
  • (Party): You say, "RACKHAM."

(Party): You say, "You have almost all the relics."

(Party): Chubbs says, "Gonna pick up a firewall enchant."

(Party): Rackham says, "What?"

(Party): You say, "Like 8."

(Party): Rackham says, "No."

(Party): Chubbs says, "RACKHAM."

(Party): Rackham says, "WHAT."

(Party): Chubbs says, "YOU HAVE SO MANY RELICS."

(Party): Chubbs says, "HAHAHAHA."

(Party): Chubbs says, "WHO DID YOU KILL."

(Party): Rackham says, "Vinzent."

• Storytime!!

---

Astarod tilts his head and listens intently to you.

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "It was about... Fifty years ago, now. I was a novice in Targossas, but had made great strides in hunting and trying to push myself to be as strong as I can as quickly as I can. I felt incredibly confident in my ability, due to how swiftly I was progressing - I felt like a natural. At the time, I was an Unsworn in the Dawnblades."

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "There was a festivity similar to this one ongoing at the time, and someone - Tesha, I believe? - suggested an arena game. A free for all, for instructing methods of sparring other adventurers."

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "There were those who had achieved dragonhood, and those who hadn't. The groups fought those between themselves. It went well, for a while. People fell, people learned. I watched, contributed what I could in the chaos."

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "Then, there came a piece of silence wherein people wanted to see what the two most promising novices were capable of. I was pitted against another of similar standing, and we were told to have at it and see who could kill the other first without using methods such as, say, cleaving."

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "Now, prior to this, I hadn't actually... fought another adventurer. I didn't know how. ...In truth, I believed it to be just like fighting a denizen."

You sway back and forth.

Icraa's eyes sparkle with amusement.

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "So... I just... swung. I only swung. Whack, whack, whack, over and over. No venoms. ...And the one I sparred did the same to me."

The corners of Martien's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "This went on for... about three minutes. Straight."

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "Whack. Sip. Whack. Sip."

Martien whispers with a measured Hashani accent, "Oh -no-."

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "Eventually, we were told to break and instructed to study kill paths. It was... quite awkward."

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "The entire city at the time saw us doing this in the arena, watching us, expectant."

You say with an archaic, Eastern accent, "...But... it was a learning experience."

You blush furiously.
  • Maajida said:
    (Party): You say, "RACKHAM."

(Party): You say, "You have almost all the relics."

Absolutely no idea what happened there. Don't even think Vinzent had all the relics. Relics aren't something I really keep track of. Hence the 'No, what?"
  • Tesha is one of my favourite people in Achaea, yet  never really get to interact with.
    Didn't even get to interact much when I was in Targ. It's unfortunate. :/
  • The bloodied corpse of a small snake lies here.<br> get snake<br> You pick up the corpse of the enormous water moccasin.
    I'm... getting mixed vibes.
  • Ygia said:
    The bloodied corpse of a small snake lies here.<br> get snake<br> You pick up the corpse of the enormous water moccasin.

Always looks bigger when you grab it with a tiny hand.
  • Kinilan said:
    Ygia said:
    The bloodied corpse of a small snake lies here.<br> get snake<br> You pick up the corpse of the enormous water moccasin.

Always looks bigger when you grab it with a tiny hand.
    Speaking from experience?

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

• You're both terrible 😂