Erikka's Chameleon Thingy!

Hello guys!  <3

This is my auto-chameleon scripty I have been working for awhile. I had this idea when a friend showed me a chameleon script but had to keep remembering to chameleon every time to make it stick so I did this little thingy! It is pretty simple but does the job to keep you chameleoned forever as long as you have tattoo charges, but fear not! You can disable it whenever you like too. :)
The scripty uses the svof ndb database to pick a random name from it, so you need to have svof installed, HOWEVER if you are good with scripting stuff you can just create a table with your own names and make the script run on it and replace the svof stuff with your own table or database if you have a custom one.

Also it comes with very pretty colourful echoes using the colorGrad scripty I found here in the forums! Lookie lookie:

But you can disable the colourful echoes too if you like thingies simple! :wink:

:star: How to use the chameleon thingy? :star: 

You need: 
- Mudlet 
- Svof
- A chameleon tattoo

Using this thingy is pretty simple! You download, install in the Package Manager, then you do cham and voilà! The script will pick a random name in the name database and chameleon as that person for you. There's no secrets! Except yours that you are obviously trying to hide with this, of course -eyes you suspiciously-

The script will keep chameleoning you to a different random person every time the effect fades, you can clickey on the VERY beautiful colourful echo that it produces each time it tries to use chameleon to disable or enable it as you like, or you can just do cham on|off to enable or disable it manually. I probably won't have time to update this but if I do, future versions might include options to chameleon only as certain people or keep it chameleoning a single person as well as some finetuning settings.
If you'd like a little bit of finetuning though, go down the script and uncomment the little bit I left commented there in the populate if block and read my notes.

To disable the colourful echoes (why would you do that? -pouts-), change the colourful setting in the script to false.

I hope this is useful for anyone <3 

Download link:
https://github.com/TheLastDarkthorne/EriAchaeaScripts/raw/master/Erikka's Chameleon Thingy.mpackage

You notice a terrible smell in the air and see that Zoot, a leafy humgii is trying to look inconspicuous.
A Tsol'aa archer exclaims, "Ahhh...how nice to breathe the fresh air of the forest!"

Comments

• Does it avoid unranked and retired names? The one I use keeps trying to use those names.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Oh, it will try unranked if they are on the database. I completely forgot about that... I will see if the ndb has an api to check for unranked and add it.
    However the trigger will completely gag failed tries so it won't spam your screen, failed tries also don't count towards charges in tattoo.
    But yeah, that's kinda sloppy. I will see what I can do and update it as soo nas I can

You notice a terrible smell in the air and see that Zoot, a leafy humgii is trying to look inconspicuous.
    A Tsol'aa archer exclaims, "Ahhh...how nice to breathe the fresh air of the forest!"

• Probably worth putting in a check for sneaky spoilsports like Veldrin who have the artie that means his name can't be used. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I think Veldrin is the only non-dormant with that artefact. Might be wrong. 

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Seragorn has it too.
  • @Sobriquet Unfortunately there is no way to check for that as it doesn't shows in honours or anything that the ndb can detect. Penwize has one too for example, when you try to chameleon as him it just fails.
    However the script will automatically pick another person and try to chameleon again in that case, as well with other failed attempts.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Kyrra also has an ankh.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    edited January 2020
    Kyrra has k-ankhles
  • Erikka said:
    @Sobriquet Unfortunately there is no way to check for that as it doesn't shows in honours or anything that the ndb can detect. Penwize has one too for example, when you try to chameleon as him it just fails.
    However the script will automatically pick another person and try to chameleon again in that case, as well with other failed attempts.

Isn't too hard to use the unranked/retired/cant cham lines to build a table of 'invalid' names. And just look for another name if they're in that table.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Archaeon said:
    Kyrra has k-ankhles
    Rude
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Can't find a way to edit the post in this new forums website... The download link is dead, here is a new one:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TheLastDarkthorne/IREScripts/master/ChameleonThingy/Chameleon Thingy.xml