Achaean Raves

Comments

• Whoever is piloting Sergeant Valentius: Cannot overstate how much I appreciate your time and effort. Never seen the admin do something like this before and I think it's a pretty incredible thing. Sarge is definitely getting promoted.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    edited January 2020
    Veldrin said:
    Pinned to a nearby wall is a stockroom report.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    You read what is written on a stockroom report dated "3rd Phaestian":
    Stockroom report, penned upon the 3rd of Phaestian, 819 AF:

Someone purchased a monolith sigil (527189) for 606 gold.

[...]

=)  <3

Just returning from inactivity, and this makes me sooooo happy! Thanks admin <3

EDIT: I can't find anything about this in NEWS. Anyone know if this was ever officially announced?

• Utianima said:
    Veldrin said:
    Pinned to a nearby wall is a stockroom report.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    You read what is written on a stockroom report dated "3rd Phaestian":
    Stockroom report, penned upon the 3rd of Phaestian, 819 AF:

Someone purchased a monolith sigil (527189) for 606 gold.

[...]

=)  <3

Just returning from inactivity, and this makes me sooooo happy! Thanks admin <3

EDIT: I can't find anything about this in NEWS. Anyone know if this was ever officially announced?
    https://www.achaea.com/news/?game=Achaea&section=Announce&number=5168
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    The housing change isn't getting nearly enough love. Huge huge huge raves for that, it's been something I've wanted for a very long time. <3 Unfortunately now wood is going to be even more scarce, which makes me sad.

I'll also idea this in-game (#298, support plz) but I'd like to suggest that the abode's emblem be tunable to clan housing as well.

Also, I read HELP CLAN HOUSING but didn't see what the 'a few other liberties' that room owners are supposed to be able to have, anyone have a clue?

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Wonder what is the likeness of room owners being able to hire or at least edit/add reactions to servants in their rooms.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I have a couple reservations with clan housing, but it's a really big step in the right direction! Very cool stuff. 
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    I've played more in the last week than I have in the last four or five years, and it's definitely feeling like I'm back in a brand-new game. Major thanks to all the interesting chars I've had the chance to get to interact with.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Aodfionn said:
    I've played more in the last week than I have in the last four or five years, and it's definitely feeling like I'm back in a brand-new game. Major thanks to all the interesting chars I've had the chance to get to interact with.
    Welcome back!

• You pay 800 credits and receive a portable paired ourobori.

Finally!

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• @glathna @Thaisen @Stefana Kyrista and others for helping out on the way to completing the Dragon Lair questline, you all rock =)

• Zbaco said:
    @glathna @Thaisen @Stefana Kyrista and others for helping out on the way to completing the Dragon Lair questline, you all rock =)
    Could swear you killed somebody off as part of all that. Hmmmm.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Hashan threw us an awesome fight earlier. They had me so messed up, I couldn't tell my head from my ass. You guys rock, and have greatly improved since the days of a meaningless Hashan.

I'll throw Mhaldor a bone too. Thanks for the group fights. I love anything group related, so you guys rock as well!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    Hashan threw us an awesome fight earlier. They had me so messed up, I couldn't tell my head from my ass. You guys rock, and have greatly improved since the days of a meaningless Hashan.

I'll throw Mhaldor a bone too. Thanks for the group fights. I love anything group related, so you guys rock as well!
    I bought the bone back, it was already chewed :pensive:
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Idk why we aren't at war already. Would be cool to test the system

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Archaeon said:

Gotta make your offerings to your vassal state of Eleusis, first, so they may carry a smaller version of your banner beside their bigger banner into the war room.

My suggestion would be some personal bonsai trees.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited January 2020
    Melodie said:
    Archaeon said:

Gotta make your offerings to your vassal state of Eleusis, first, so they may carry a smaller version of your banner beside their bigger banner into the war room.

My suggestion would be some personal bonsai trees.
    Hey dont be jealous that we haven't sent you one yet  :p

@Archaeon just have Vinzent push that lil red war button.
    The entire reason that I don't feel bad about doing this targ/loosis thing was that you lot decided to start defiling as we were fighting hashan, then the both of you smashed us before smashing each other.  This isn't the place for this, though, so if you want to discuss if further you're more than welcome to go to rants and yap.
    Archaeon said:
    The entire reason that I don't feel bad about doing this targ/loosis thing was that you lot decided to start defiling as we were fighting hashan, then the both of you smashed us before smashing each other.
    Key thing makes all the difference. Hashan and Mhaldor have no love for each other to ever do any of what y'all have been doing. And this is hardly the first time a three-way city fight has broken out.

Anyway, the above was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, because if I were Eleusis, I'd certainly be demanding for my bonsai trees!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    edited January 2020
    Edit: Lets make this pleasant, instead!

I've recently got invested enough into Achaea again to pick up a (fairly light, but still) position, and though I still get frustrated with certain aspects of the game on a more usual basis than I'd like, I'm also slowly beginning to carve a new niche for myself thanks to the help and investment of some particular individuals who make my days brighter. Thank you to those who remain ever so patient and encouraging of me - your care is felt, and appreciated.

Extra edit: ... I don't know how I was editing the above post and it decided to make a bloody new post. And now I can't delete it, ugh. The attempt was made.
    Ok    
  • Is anyone selling bonsai trees? Will buy, also bonsai lycopods. I have a house to decorate. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Archaeon asks you to join Targossas. Type AGREE if you wish to join.

Archaeon asks you to repeat the oaths of citizenship after him. You do, and you are admitted as the newest, proudest member of Targossas!

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Once again darkness is invited to join the light!

... Too soon?
  • Thanks for the fights, @Ashtan, @Eleusis, @Cyrene, t'was fun, even if Aegoth kept feeding off my damage and atlatls :pensive:

@Chubbs 1v1 and beating Aegoth was the highlight, though.
  • My personal favorite was the bit about roasting marshmallows over the bones of the wicked. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Micaelis said:
    Shout out to those responsible for the most recent issue of the Silverveil Current (Achaea's greatest newspaper). Really hit it out of the park. I know @Lyndee and @Profit are involved, @Sothantos as well, but I don't have a comprehensive list of anyone and everyone that helped. Either way, absolutely amazing work! I'll post a link to the issue in its entirety since it's too long to throw on here.

"Sir Lucrative Chance"'s (most obvious pen name ever) article on Ashtan are a highlight, as well as Targossas' flooding problems. 

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/JbEjYIvq
    In character, y'all get two middle-fingers for the digs at Ashtan.
    Out of character, I love the fuck out of the whole paper. Way cool.
  • My favorite part was the Targossian Meteormagical Society, ngl.