Foraging!

Comments

• edited October 2019
    While I do enjoy the changes.

I have absolutely zero idea how I went from 4 foragers (55, 55, 72, 100, 100) hp.. to 55, 55, 100, 100 (in 1 hour). This was a level 5 forager. Did literally every forager in that area just tagteam him, and only him?
  • Were you in Sangre? If so, yes.

• No. Was in New Hope.

The three other people there didn't get screwed nearly as bad.
  • ... There's a bunch of weak foragers on New Hope you say?
    :no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth::grin:
  • Adrik said:
    No. Was in New Hope.

I can answer that, I think. Someone (Taryius maybe?) mentioned that their foragers got attacked on New Hope and I think three or four of us sent our squads there on aggressive.

• Adrik said:
    No. Was in New Hope.

That explains it! You got got.

• Except it doesnt. Because in my fall back none of my guys got attacked at all. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    We don't know how often attacks happen, though, do we? Might be they are entirely on random ticks, and you just got lucky after getting unlucky.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Does anyone know if it's a 5v5 melee, or five 1v1 fights?

• edited January 2020
    So, unsure whether to bring this back from the dead or not, but here we go.

Right now I'm spending 10k+ g every time I send my foragers out. For wood, this is still acceptable as basically everyone and their mother needs it (Ships, houses, etc) and it sells for about 200g per.

On the other side... Fibre. It's used for Cloth and Rope, interchangebly.. but it's price barely makes it worth it. While I know this is not something that you, as admins, can change easily...

At some point in the near-ish future.. It will literally be worthless for me to send foragers out for Fibre. Assuming I make a full haul (right now thats 864 fibre)... and manage to sell it for 30 per, that's 26k. A decent amount that requires not only the constant demand of fibre.. but me to set my guys going for 24 hours and then to sell what they bring home.

Is the intention for their gold price to be so dang high? I know at one point it was raised because we wanted to stop spam send-out.. but 10k right now, and my inability to sell rope is making me severely question if I actually want to even forage for fiber at this point.

Edit: The area I just tapped at the start of the month is completely out of fibre after roughly 7~8 hours... So the 264 I got literally cannot pay for the pain of sending them out.
  • I don't think that gold cost is very unreasonable for high level foragers. The demand for wood is a pretty large anomaly compared to how often most other resources sell, it really shouldn't be used as the standard for any sort of profit margin.
  • Foraging is a boring system. I would have much preferred a system like caravans for commodities from Imperian.
    spread positivity
  • Stheno said:
    When it was introduced, alongside new skills that require wood, I really thought foraging was meant to make wood more abundant. Sweet summer child.
    If you want wood, you may want to be a sweet, winter child.
  • edited January 2020
    Wood prices affect the value of other comms as well. With wood being so high in price that leads to people buying less stone to build with. Which drives the prices down (Already down 10 gold per). Another issue is that there are thousands of wood comms on the market and no one wants to remove them and sell them at a lower price just to sell them, so they just sit there. Not sure if there is a cap on how much it costs to send out foragers, but I feel that would be a start. But the cost of wood is crazy, building a ship is now so much more costly or even building a house is far more expensive then it should be.

Edit: Now as I look at the market it seems a lot of wood was bought up recently so wood stands at 240 per making it nearly as costly as when foraging was released.

• I think the amount of wood that can be gained from foraging should be increased, and/or another season should produce wood. It's fine for wood to be in high demand and costly, but 200+ per is unreasonably high and it has been pretty static for the last 2 rl months. 
  • Lorath said:
    building a ship is now so much more costly
    For the record, you don't need wood to build a ship.
  • Building a house* 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Phaestus said:
    Lorath said:

You need pitch and shipwood... Which costs wood. Unless you're implying to buy the pitch/shipwood outright, which is even more expensive than making the wood yourself, due to well... The exorbitant cost of wood. And doesn't actually help the price of the ship being much higher than it previously was, as he said.

• Phaestus said:
    Lorath said:

Since when? Shipfitting needs wood for the stuff to make a ship now.

• I'm probanly going to hit the 10k+ g per trip out here shortly. I get about 36 per irl hour on aggressive, mind you.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Just spent 580,000 gold buying 2,500 wood directly from players and not the comms market. Seems pretty good value to me.

Just 13,000 wood to go...
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Adrik said:
    I'm probanly going to hit the 10k+ g per trip out here shortly. I get about 36 per irl hour on aggressive, mind you.
    Oh, so you are part of the problem then? If everyone sent out on peaceful there would be more wood.  ;)

• Thaisen said:
    Adrik said:
    I'm probanly going to hit the 10k+ g per trip out here shortly. I get about 36 per irl hour on aggressive, mind you.
    Oh, so you are part of the problem then? If everyone sent out on peaceful there would be more wood.  ;)

Oh, no. There still is the same amount of wood. I just take my portion and yours. :D
  • Lorath said:
    Phaestus said:
    Lorath said:

From HELP SHIP TYPES (where the ship commodity costs are listed):

Note: Commodity costs are optional and may be offset by paying extra gold at the harbour in

question.

Ship costs have not changed, the ship commodities are a way to offset some of the gold costs, should you find yourself in possession of the commodities to do so (be it from dismantling ships, leftover from a shipfitting job, or by some other happenstance). At the time, the costs in commodities and gold were roughly equivalent. Since then, given the general misunderstanding that ships require these commodities (as well as a few other factors), wood has shot up, so you're probably better off paying the harbour directly until wood falls back into a more reasonable range. The opposite may be true for other commodities as prices fluctuate.
  • Phaestus said:
    Lorath said:
    Phaestus said:
    Lorath said:

From HELP SHIP TYPES (where the ship commodity costs are listed):

Note: Commodity costs are optional and may be offset by paying extra gold at the harbour in

question.

Ship costs have not changed, the ship commodities are a way to offset some of the gold costs, should you find yourself in possession of the commodities to do so (be it from dismantling ships, leftover from a shipfitting job, or by some other happenstance). At the time, the costs in commodities and gold were roughly equivalent. Since then, given the general misunderstanding that ships require these commodities (as well as a few other factors), wood has shot up, so you're probably better off paying the harbour directly until wood falls back into a more reasonable range. The opposite may be true for other commodities as prices fluctuate.
    Can we get something similar for housing then? Otherwise wood is still going to be in demand, since cities use it on the daily, shipfitting, housing credits (or just making housing credits use X stone X iron X wood)
  • Kyrra said:
    Just spent 580,000 gold buying 2,500 wood directly from players and not the comms market. Seems pretty good value to me.

Wood was 30-35 gold each before foraging was introduced. You paid 232 each, which was pretty much the same as the commodity market. You are a bit out of touch with good value.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Or you know. Just have more wood thanks  =)

Or have it so that housing uses uh...cloth or some other similarly not really used commodity to build.

Or really just make less things require wood. 
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Cooper said:
    Kyrra said:

Wood was 30-35 gold each before foraging was introduced. You paid 232 each, which was pretty much the same as the commodity market. You are a bit out of touch with good value.

Wood has actually averaged 228 over the last three IG years in Delos....so...pretty shit deal if you ask me.  =)