Basic Depthwalker set-up...which stats, skills, arties to get?

edited December 2019 in The Matsuhama Arena
Hi everybody, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for how to get started as Depthwalker. I saw in the other thread that it was good with minimal investment and it looks like it has great style, but the class was introduced after my time so I'm not really sure how to get equipped for it. So I have a few questions:

1...If you had to pick a race and stat to max out for it, which one(s) would it be?
2...It seems to use both balance and equilibrium, which is more important?
3...What are the first few skills you would trans (besides class skills - anything like riding?)
4...What are the first few artefacts you would buy for it? I'll have some credits available but want to make sure I use them well. 
5...Because it has to do with Darkness, is it associated with Twilight/Hashan? Am I going to miss something if I'm this class but not in Hashan?

I am probably looking to eventually do equal parts bashing, RP, group combat, and 1-on-1. Thank you for any advice. Also if you have any recommendations on a pretty active city that would be great, I know there can be some ebb and flow.

Comments

• 1. Constitution. There is an argument for strength but con is very solid. Dwarf/Tash'la for tankiness.
    2. Balance. The brunt of your offense is all balance orientated.
    3. Avoidance. 
    4. General arties are good bets, wings, sip ring, bracelets. L1 Scythe is alright, and you can custom it if you like that.
    5. It actually is derived from Tsol'teth shadow magic (think dark underground elves) not Twilight, so its accessed exactly the same by everyone. Won't lose anything if  you dont want to be Hashani.
  • Taryius said:
    1. Constitution. There is an argument for strength but con is very solid. Dwarf/Tash'la for tankiness.
    2. Balance. The brunt of your offense is all balance orientated.
    3. Avoidance. 
    4. General arties are good bets, wings, sip ring, bracelets. L1 Scythe is alright, and you can custom it if you like that.
    5. It actually is derived from Tsol'teth shadow magic (think dark underground elves) not Twilight, so its accessed exactly the same by everyone. Won't lose anything if  you dont want to be Hashani.
    Only thing I would like to add is arte dagger is also  nice and not too expensive to get for combat.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Would also suggest artie dagger > scythe priority-wise

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    don't need arties, just tunnel degen and glhf.
  • Hashan is, by the way, a pretty popular and populous place! If you're looking for an active city you could do worse. :-)

If no one has told you yet, Depthswalker hunting is notoriously bad. Many Depthswalkers pick up an Element or Dragon to make the bashing more fun and fast-paced. It does have phenomenal group utility and synergy as well as a fairly basic and forgiving style as a 1v1 class. The RP is obviously outstanding. I hope you enjoy it!