Achaean Memes

Comments

• Me at most of @Hashan.

Sorry, not sorry.
  • Whenever I hear/read about Sartan in “other worlds”.

• I honestly appreciate all you guys do...but do you realize how long it takes to hunt enough of those GD things?
  • Thaisen said:

I honestly appreciate all you guys do...but do you realize how long it takes to hunt enough of those GD things?
    We were just discussing this IC. Doing the kraken like 10 times would be faster than getting hull girding to... fight the kraken
  • For those of us who don't engage with ships, why is this change bad?
  • Antonius said:
    For those of us who don't engage with ships, why is this change bad?
    It’s not bad, it just doesn’t make a difference. 200 dragon scales isn’t something you farm in 30m, sometimes a whole day of diving won’t result in 200. It’s better, but would be useable if it scaled from 10-200 scales, giving 30mins at 10 to 2 weeks at 200 IMO.
  • I wish that voyages had a way to either get shipcomms or shipfitting items. I've got so many maelstrom pieces...
  • Minifie said:
    It’s not bad, it just doesn’t make a difference. 200 dragon scales isn’t something you farm in 30m, sometimes a whole day of diving won’t result in 200.
    Given the way most people "dive", this sentiment is similar to saying that hunting Manara for a full day isn't going to net you very many dragon talisman pieces. Each deepsea dragon is a guaranteed chunk of scales if that's what you're searching for, which means you only need a certain (single digit) number of dragons per 12-hour girding. I'll not explain deepsea diving mechanics (go find out!), but I can guarantee that dragonscales are not difficult to obtain if scales are your goal, especially in the higher-bell dives.
  • Phaestus said:
    Minifie said:
    It’s not bad, it just doesn’t make a difference. 200 dragon scales isn’t something you farm in 30m, sometimes a whole day of diving won’t result in 200.
    Given the way most people "dive", this sentiment is similar to saying that hunting Manara for a full day isn't going to net you very many dragon talisman pieces. Each deepsea dragon is a guaranteed chunk of scales if that's what you're searching for, which means you only need a certain (single digit) number of dragons per 12-hour girding. I'll not explain deepsea diving mechanics (go find out!), but I can guarantee that dragonscales are not difficult to obtain if scales are your goal, especially in the higher-bell dives.

You are likely correct in that it could be perfected to ensure you only get high bell dives therefore increasing your haul of scales. My best dive was like 4-5 dragons which netted me 100 scales, however, the fact that it took me like 30-40 minutes to kill those dragons makes it not worth it in my opinion. I have also had 12 bell dives with zero sea-dragons, so there's that.

Let's say I was amazingly lucky and got 10 dragons in two dives....this is still realistically going to take me like 2 hours due to the sailing, setting up the dives, killing the things, etc. Not to mention all the pirates we have now who would probably sink any diving ship they come across.

So in the end I piss around diving for 2 hours so I can gird my ship for one, -maybe- two trades or voyages? I'm also guessing that what most people were excited about was not having to worry about seamonsters when you do the really long trades/voyages to the northern islands or Meropis...which...besides @Jinsun and his voyage crew...who is doing one of those every single day?

Maybe I'm alone in this and people will be diving like mad to gird their ships for 12 hours at a time, but I just can't see that happening. It would be better if it was something a captain could like reapply or something. 200 scales to get it all set up and going, then 10 scales per achaean day or something that can be reapplied by any captain. Then we could at least have more flexibility on when we use the scales and we wouldn't have to go diving all-the-time if we wanted to keep a ship girded.

Again, thanks for all you do, I'm not trying to rain on the parade or anything, just giving my two cents.

/rant
  • Thaisen said:

It would be better if it was something a captain could like reapply or something. 200 scales to get it all set up and going, then 10 scales per achaean day or something that can be reapplied by any captain. Then we could at least have more flexibility on when we use the scales and we wouldn't have to go diving all-the-time if we wanted to keep a ship girded.

I take this back, it would be better if it were permanent, like literally every single person I talked to about this thought it was from the beginning...hell I'd be fine if it was 2000 scales to make it permanent...
  • As I said before, I don't really engage with ship stuff, but perhaps it's not something you're supposed to have up all of the time?
  • Right...but that doesn't mean I have to like it.... :)
  • Antonius said:
    As I said before, I don't really engage with ship stuff, but perhaps it's not something you're supposed to have up all of the time?
    And at the moment it’s not worth farming to have up at all. 
  • Skilfully, you butcher the corpse of a malevolent sea dragon, separating flesh from bone with your cleaver and preparing 4 handfuls of seadragon scales.

• Tahquil said:
    Skilfully, you butcher the corpse of a malevolent sea dragon, separating flesh from bone with your cleaver and preparing 4 handfuls of seadragon scales.

Only 50 dragons to go!
  • Zackery said:
    A well-known fact of Achaea is that anyone who is online at a point in time when you are not does nothing else with their time except play Achaea.
    Yeah! This guy gets it. ❤
  • Tahquil said:
    Skilfully, you butcher the corpse of a malevolent sea dragon, separating flesh from bone with your cleaver and preparing 4 handfuls of seadragon scales.
    Hmm! Small oversight when dragonscales were added, they should be much more consistent from here on out.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    edited January 2020
    Realistically the major issue with it is that it's... almost never necessary? And it's still a ton of work. The only time I'd need hull gird is fighting the Kraken, and again, it's easier and more cost effective for me to just take my time killing it than it is to doomsday prep for it.

Edit: Oh I just realized, it's just to prevent them from spawning.... Who is getting owned by seamonsters enough to need this?!
  • @Jinsun literally the only time they are potentially worth it is sailing up north.... pulling a sea monster in those chops is a bitch to escape. But who sails up north more than once in a twelve hour period?? Like nobody besides you for voyages maybe?

and... I don’t really care if you sink...  ;)
  • Thaisen said:
    @Jinsun literally the only time they are potentially worth it is sailing up north.... pulling a sea monster in those chops is a bitch to escape. But who sails up north more than once in a twelve hour period?? Like nobody besides you for voyages maybe?

and... I don’t really care if you sink...  ;)
    I voyage all the time and I very rarely need to go there so yeah, it's a useless skill which, like the rest of shipfitting is useless, though most of those are useless because no one can find any wood.
  • Less seafaring discussion, more memes :angry:

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    Less seafaring discussion, more memes :angry:
    Nice meme