Names

Comments

• Zhou Tai - The Pirate turned Samurai from the dynasty warriors games/romancing of the three kingdoms novel - 

Just pushed together because you cant have a space
  • Fengrich is a nickname commonly used by my friends. Replaced the i with a y, and there it is.
  • edited December 2012
    I just wanted to troll @Elowen.
  • When I created my character my two best friends played the game and they talked about it so much that I decided to give it a whirl. The night I created the character my dad was watching the news and it was the same time period that Geraldo Rivera was getting in trouble for displaying military plans over TV. I didn't want to use an overtly latin esque spelling so I made the name Heraldo...Romeo said to change it. First thing I came up with was Hermaldo after that.

So Hermaldo is based on Geraldo Rivera...in name only.

• When I created my character my two best friends played the game and they talked about it so much that I decided to give it a whirl. The night I created the character my dad was watching the news and it was the same time period that Geraldo Rivera was getting in trouble for displaying military plans over TV. I didn't want to use an overtly latin esque spelling so I made the name Heraldo...Romeo said to change it. First thing I came up with was Hermaldo after that.

So Hermaldo is based on Geraldo Rivera...in name only.

• edited December 2012
    Kiliami come from the album "Help Wanted Nights," by The Good Life (Tim Kasher). It is actually written Keely Aimee, but I liked its singsong sound. (Well it is obviously Sing-Songy but whatever.) The song has nothing to do with my character. 
    The use of the letter i in the long ee sound comes from my spanish background. I is pronounced with an ee sound. 
  • I wanted some kind of ninja/warrior type of name so I came up with this.
  • babynames.com
  • My avatar will explain everything.
  • That video was so funny.
  • My honor...My family...I got my name from Avatar: The Last Airbender...Best show ever no matter the age :P
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    edited January 2013
    And here I was hoping for Danny Zuko, from Grease.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • elladan and elrohir are elrond's sons.  my memory was faulty.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Aina was just a placeholder until I thought of something better, but then I got caught up in the Great Hunt and passed level 30.
  • Ellodin said:
    elladan and elrohir are elrond's sons.  my memory was faulty.
    My first character on the last mud I played regularly was Elrohir. I don't think anyone there got the reference, and I was a sad half-panda half-elf.
  • Somebody has to make a Sauron alt in Mordor, then we'll get to see some hilarious deathsights.
     "Sauron has been slain by the might of a floppy-eared bunny."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    My name is Justin and when I created Mosr, I just clicked a button on a random name generator and took the first one.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I rewrote the name 'Elaith', which was the name of a elven npc in a rpg campaign world
  • Mathonwy's name was originally a variation on my own real-life first name (...ha, a variation. That's putting it generously. I took my first name and stuck an 'e' on the end of it), but I decided to change it because my first name was already taken by a rather prominent character and I don't really like character names that are thinly-veiled variations of names that already exist in-game.

The webpage that was open at the time I made that decision was some article on Math fab Mathonwy. What had struck me the most about how 'Mathonwy' was this godlike figure about whom relatively nothing was known. So, being me, I cheekily adopted it for my Achaean moniker.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Trevize - Golan Trevize from the Foundation series.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Kenway was just a name that popped into my head. I usually go for a Celtic deity when naming characters but in Achaea that seems to be pretty popular. ALL THE GOOD ONES ARE TAKEN!
    Lots of people ask me if it has anything to do with Assassin's Creed 'cause thanks to Arcturus, my last name is a blatant rip-off of Ezio from AC2. At the time though, I had no idea that Kenway was the last name of the assassin in AC3.
    Oops?

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Hyraeth ---> the welsh word Hiraeth. I was obsessed with welsh/celtic based fantasy novels, which is where I picked up the word. Hyraeth was my second character and I put more thought into her than my first, suicided sentinel cub -- I knew I wanted to play her as someone melancholy and fey, who kept remembering lives that she never had. That didn't last very long, however. At some point I just lost the script and kept losing the script.
  • I will now shamefully admit that I used a Khajiit name generator. The linguistics and pronunciation for both of the cat folk are similar, so why not? I kept rerolling until I got something that sounded manly.
  • I thought I posted here but apparently not. 

Avery was the name of my best friend's ex. 

I was looking for a common English guy's name that could pass off for a girl. Avery was taken... hence Averi
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Vasse is a town here, but really it's a winery that inspired it, Vasse Felix.

I like the sound of it and I like wine.
  • CaoimhaenCaoimhaen Targossas
    Caoimhaen is gaelic. It means gentleness and/or kindness. I chose it because I liked the sound and it seemed fitting somehow. Me and my friend did a lot of research. That friend is the one who actually suggested Caoimhaen as a name.