What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Proficy said:
    @Laila

Lesson learned.... dont ever leave us again
    Yes Sir!

@Zbaco I've been lucky that so many old friends still play and have caught me up pretty well. 

It's like a totally different game though!
  • Torinn said:
    The seas turned black?  Like the ASCII turned black?  That's awesome
    They did! Me and some friends did a voyage that claimed would summon a kraken and we assumed it would be like leviathan strength and we were very very very wrong. Turned all of the oceans black and casting off anywhere at all summoned you onto the monster. I sank 7 or 8 times and dozens of ships helped before we finally kilt it. Was awesome! Honestly wasn't planning on a fight that big and totally derailed my intention to do a quick voyage 
  • edited December 2019
    Jinsun said:
    Torinn said:
    They did! Me and some friends did a voyage that claimed would summon a kraken and we assumed it would be like leviathan strength and we were very very very wrong. Turned all of the oceans black and casting off anywhere at all summoned you onto the monster. I sank 7 or 8 times and dozens of ships helped before we finally kilt it. Was awesome! Honestly wasn't planning on a fight that big and totally derailed my intention to do a quick voyage 

Thank you for putting out the call and involving so many other sailing folks in this great event, @Jinsun (and/or thank you kraken for summoning us all with your dastardly whirlpool). And kudos to whoever put this Voyages thing together. This and the Borak prison-break were incredibly fun adventures shared with folks I don't usually get to interact with as much IC. Good times!
  • Truax said:
    Jinsun said:
    Torinn said:

Thank you for putting out the call and involving so many other sailing folks in this great event, @Jinsun (and/or thank you kraken for summoning us all with your dastardly whirlpool). And kudos to whoever put this Voyages thing together. This and the Borak prison-break were incredibly fun adventures shared with folks I don't usually get to interact with as much IC. Good times!
    Hey despite my best efforts, I couldn't have killed it alone
  • Arrie said:
    I was Marked for Death and it was so much fun! 
    That's the weirdest sentence ever

As of 1/17/20.
  • Arrie said:
    I was Marked for Death and it was so much fun! Thank you, everyone, who sent me tips and techniques and words of encouragement. I wasn't used to all that attention and I was so nervous my hands were literally shaking. I am so glad I chose Mhaldor for my city because you all are wonderful!  
    Arrie confirmed best legate
  • Arrie said:
    I was Marked for Death and it was so much fun! Thank you, everyone, who sent me tips and techniques and words of encouragement. I wasn't used to all that attention and I was so nervous my hands were literally shaking. I am so glad I chose Mhaldor for my city because you all are wonderful!  
    yeah that is a fun coming of age thing in mhaldor. I remember mine fondly. Sartan killed me twice. ahahahha!
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • So I pet my minipet, Ciorva, and next thing I know @Archaeon is causing chaos with commanding others to pet everyone else.
    Isn't it anime to scream "Ashaxei" every damn time you want to dramatically become a giant flying lizard?
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    no mortal can resist my charm
  • Why was I not on when this happened

As of 1/17/20.
  • Logged in and went from 3v1 against @Proficy in the Eastern Ithmia.  Then @Quillion showed and we beat them back.  Apparently some other folks showed up on our side so Profi-bro ran equal numbers  as I dropped shrines while he was praying. 

Came back and we had a fun knock down drag out fight with @Darrod and @Melodie and @Anastacia joining.  Eleusis won, of course. :-D  but after not being able to log in because of this cancer shit and horrid work wifi, it was nice.  Thanks to everyone who jumped in on both sides.

• Yeah. Proficy and I decided to try the 3v2. Then it went from 3v2 to 6v2 and I got insta locked/killed. Was crazy.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    now you know how it feels to fight mhaldor.
  • Quillion said:
    Yeah. Proficy and I decided to try the 3v2. Then it went from 3v2 to 6v2 and I got insta locked/killed. Was crazy.
    Was it 6?  I thought when you came it was still the 2v3..   I know we had more when your whole crew came back but even then I thought it was like 5v5. If it was 6v2, sorry...  but yeah Miayakai got locked up quick too on our side. 

I think our disorganization helped us since we didnt focus on anyone and didnt have targets actively being called... so we just hammered on randomly and it kinda hindered your whole group.  Either way I had fun.  And did better than when @Minifie and I had our cripple-fight the day before ;-)

• Oh, yeah. It was fun. Blew my mind. Then I looked back and I was like oh! That's why. Haha, but its all good, because we were in yall's area. Like, understandable more show up I encourage it, it makes sense. I was just disappointed I didn't notice more come in the room is all.
  • Caelan said:
    Quillion said:
    Yeah. Proficy and I decided to try the 3v2. Then it went from 3v2 to 6v2 and I got insta locked/killed. Was crazy.
    Was it 6?  I thought when you came it was still the 2v3..   I know we had more when your whole crew came back but even then I thought it was like 5v5. If it was 6v2, sorry...  but yeah Miayakai got locked up quick too on our side. 

I think our disorganization helped us since we didnt focus on anyone and didnt have targets actively being called... so we just hammered on randomly and it kinda hindered your whole group.  Either way I had fun.  And did better than when @Minifie and I had our cripple-fight the day before ;-)
    Doesn’t matter, we romped 7v4 to protect shrines, sometimes you just have so many defenders you just lol romp your enemies, sometimes you get romped, but honestly it’s been fun, it isn’t anything massive world scale, but it feels like two orgs actually fighting over something, if we get repelled enough perhaps artemis will gain sovereign over the isle? It’s not a war, but it’s been a good conflict driver, and it seems to be pulling more of eleusis together to defend nature, and it isn’t just seeing vivify/exterm messages all the time. 

I appreciate that it can be controlled though, and am keeping an eye on it turning into roving gank squads, not against some repercussion 1v1, but ganking others isn’t going to keep this conflict fresh and enjoyable IMO.
  • Agree @Minifie.  As long as it doesn't devolve it has a lot of potential for fun.  If I had more time today I would have dropped every shrine and then pushed for the isle so...  there is that ;-)

• @Rackham @Kinilan @Uilien @Dalran and I went adventuring and played babysitter to a bunch of Ilyrean hatchlings. We took them to a denizen who said to bring him hatchlings and he just kept saying "I don't wanna talk if you ain't got hatchlings." which is frustrating. So we kept looking for answers and some of us sank Tarvius with the children still on board making us the first pirate crew I believe to use smuggled child accomplices. Funny story, but I'm just beat down and defeated over this fucking voyage. I've sailed to Ilyrean like 15 times and no answers and nothing that should work has. Including bringing children to the guy who says he wants children. 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Maybe he wanted them as corpses >_>

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Quick! Someone enemy and charge those children with piracy   :p

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @Shirszae They will be charged and included in the monthly, annual, and bi-annual reports. Don’t you worry!
  • you make me miss the dislike button.
  • You summon whips of shadow to viciously lash the form of a taryen man.

You have slain a taryen man, retrieving the corpse.

You have learned new Attainment abilities: Multiclass and Sustenance.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 80.

You have reached the illustrious level of Logosian.

You have received 20 Bound Credits!

A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.

A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

Glad to have reached this point for now! Time to take a short break to focus on some House and City things and hopefully work out my combat strategies.

• Settling the debts of uncounted centuries, a feast of kraken flesh was her reward.

I'm a day late, but wanted to rave how amazing the voyage led by @Jinsun was last month. Thank you to everyone who took part. It was amazing to see Ashtan with so many sails unfurled on the seas at once!

• Brythan said:

You summon whips of shadow to viciously lash the form of a taryen man.

You have slain a taryen man, retrieving the corpse.

You have learned new Attainment abilities: Multiclass and Sustenance.

Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 80.

You have reached the illustrious level of Logosian.

You have received 20 Bound Credits!

A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.

A large pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

Glad to have reached this point for now! Time to take a short break to focus on some House and City things and hopefully work out my combat strategies.

Aww man, already? I should probably start stepping up my hunting game

As of 1/17/20.