Android App

edited November 2019 in North of Thera
I have been working with IRE to update the Android App.
It is now ready for public use!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vadisystems.irehelper
If you already have the older App, it will be updated to the new version automatically.

Comments

• I tried to use the old one, have just updated to check out the new version. Thanks for working on this!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited November 2019
    Found a few issues with it  @Knossos.
    I actually do Software QA for a living, so if you'd like I could do a bit of a run over on Discord with you to get some small kinks worked out, I'm at Adrik#5525.
    Overall, I am a bit sad to see the black background / white text go, and I would adore a future update to have a dark mode setting for it.
  • Adrik said:
    Overall, I am a bit sad to see the black background / white text go, and I would adore a future update to have a dark mode setting for it.
    I wish the forums had one, too. Pages/apps with white backgrounds are awful.

• DragonknightDragonknight Mhaldor
    edited November 2019
    I dunno, it has a dark mode for me.

On a Pixel 3 XL, Android 10. With the system dark mode enabled.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Yeah it's probably dependent on your phone settings cause I use dark mode too on Android 9 (Samsung Note 8)

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Some of us don't have the option of a system-wide dark mode. (Or, at the very least, my Android 6 phone doesnt seem to have one)

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

• edited November 2019

Every time I log back in to the app. (GALAXY S7)

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Hi Knossos! Thanks for working on this. I think the app is picking up deleted/hidden news posts. I got a notification that I had 3 unread announces, but I've already read everything I can. :confounded: 

• Hello! I will be looking at everything and fixing issues. @Adrik, you can happily post queries here to keep everything in one place.
    I will try to answer everything:

@Adrik:

* The app crashes when selecting the back arrow in the Settings Screen.
    Oops! I'll fix that.

* The text stats "News item" instead of "New Message" when selecting the New Message button on the Messages Screen
    Oops!

* Messages fail to collapse when selecting the message after expanding them on the Messages Screen.
    This is actually intended. It isn't about expanding messages, as such. It is about marking them as read, and collecting the whole message. For example, when getting the list of messages, I don't get the entire message as part of the request. I get a fragment of it. To fully read the message (and get the whole content) I need to send another request. That is why from that point on, the message is expanded.

* A plain text document view displays when selecting the GOTO MESSAGE button on the Search Messages Screen
    This is intended. At this point, the data is basic text, and the intent is to read it. I can add font size controls.

*I would adore a future update to have a dark mode setting
    There was a complaint about this from someone else already, and I have added an option in the settings to switch between Device standard, Light and Dark themes. :+1:

@Caelan
    That is *extremely* weird. I will look into it. 

@Skye:
    The issue here is that when you look at a past news item, it will also set your last read news item to that item on the server. That is also how it works in game.

For example, if I, as a Targossian, do this "readnews targossas 100". Then I check the news in game (and in the App):
    Targossas                       Posts:     100 /    2295 ( 2195 Unread)

That is an unfortunate side effect of the news system. You can make it 0 unread by clicking on the newest news item.
  • Knossos said:

@Caelan
    That is *extremely* weird. I will look into it. 
    Just a point: I realize it may well be phone specific, or even personal setting specific, but the eest of the app seemed to be functioning well enough (better than the last one for sure). For instance I didn't seem to have any issues w the back button

• Still happening to me after the update, but the +s aren't in between the words any more.
  • Could you try now? There was some weirdness in the APIs.
  • Looks like that got it for me, thanks!
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Messages were giving me an error about sqllite and nullconstraint or something and then an empty screen. Tried the update as I read above and it is fixed. 
  • Does this work on kindle fire?

As of 1/17/20.
  • It should work on any Android device from version Lollipop onwards.
  • Ok, thanks.

As of 1/17/20.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Thanks a lot, and well done! :love:

• Any reason why this isn't picking up all log entries? For example, it shows when a Mark fails an order contract but not when they are successful. Also noticed today it showed a  city log entry of someone being charged, but not the follow up line with an explanation 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Any reason why this isn't picking up all log entries? For example, it shows when a Mark fails an order contract but not when they are successful. Also noticed today it showed a  city log entry of someone being charged, but not the follow up line with an explanation 
    Yeah. I.. saw that on my phone and was like "OH NO". Then went "phew"
  • edited June 2020
    Sorry guys but the android app seems it won't let me read the war news post saying its an empty thread. Anything can be done?
  • edited June 2020
    Torrent said:
    Sorry guys but the android app seems it won't let me read the war news post saying its an empty thread. Anything can be done?

Should be fixed now, though please do file a BUG next time!
  • TIL Rhivona updates the android app.
    Also TIL the app is officially supported.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• edited June 2020
    Iaxus said:
    TIL Rhivona updates the android app.
    Also TIL the app is officially supported.
    Nah, it was an issue on the game side, as evidenced by it also being broken on the website portal
  • Oh okay. Makes more sense. :D

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Yeah I am sorry I didn't know, only got it on the android app so was sure it was bug on the iron realms side. Will do for the future!