Quick Questions

Comments

• That should be [Cc] not [C]c.

In regex, characters in []s means "any of these match" so [Cc] means either C or c match.

(There're more complex rules, like ^ at the start means "not any of these match", and a - between two characters means "anything from this to this," so you have to be a little careful with those characters in particular.)
  • edited November 2019
    So... [Cc]cser$ = servitor return ?
    What's the $ for?
  • ^ is start of the line and $ is end of the line.
  • Ryssa said:
    So... [Cc]cser$ = servitor return ?
    What's the $ for?
    It should be [Cc]ser

"C" or "c" followed by "ser". You're replacing the first letter with something that will match the upper and lower case.
  • Thank you @Ayani @Lenn and @Antonius ! When I get on my laptop, I'll make these changes and test em out :)
  • There are websites you can test regular expressions. I don't use them enough to know good from bad, so take this as an example rather than me advocating for it specifically, but https://regex101.com/ seems serviceable enough.

The only trouble is that there are differences between the different regex engines, but for simple aliases it shouldn't matter.
  • I’m sure this may have been asked at some point, but is there a setting I’m missing that colours the actual words you speak in an emote, similar to Aetolia? If not, has anyone made anything for mudlet to mimic this?
  • Sleete said:
    I’m sure this may have been asked at some point, but is there a setting I’m missing that colours the actual words you speak in an emote, similar to Aetolia? If not, has anyone made anything for mudlet to mimic this?
    No, and yes

• Someone suggested I ask here - does anyone know why despite killing Pieranotzu twice (and turning in his corpse), I have been unable to complete quest 395 The Black Warren for him? There's a few of us newbies with that issue, but there's also some (not part of the same kill) who were able to complete it recently.
  • Varnas said:
    Someone suggested I ask here - does anyone know why despite killing Pieranotzu twice (and turning in his corpse), I have been unable to complete quest 395 The Black Warren for him? There's a few of us newbies with that issue, but there's also some (not part of the same kill) who were able to complete it recently.
    Did you go back to Rhilas? He should congratulate you on your achievement, give you the honours line, and complete the quest just by walking into the room.
  • Kaedan said:
    Varnas said:
    Someone suggested I ask here - does anyone know why despite killing Pieranotzu twice (and turning in his corpse), I have been unable to complete quest 395 The Black Warren for him? There's a few of us newbies with that issue, but there's also some (not part of the same kill) who were able to complete it recently.
    Did you go back to Rhilas? He should congratulate you on your achievement, give you the honours line, and complete the quest just by walking into the room.
    I did both times, no dice.
  • edited December 2019
    Varnas said:
    Just wanted to note that a mysterious Divine fixed this today so that one can return to Rhilas for credit. Thanks, whoever you were!
  • Does the doghouse from the House of Wonders work for all canine minipets (jackal, coyote, dingo, wolf) or just dogs?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    @Jiraishin When I got my cat tower for Solii, it was a bit bugged, and after Ictinus mussed with it a bit, he figured out that while cat had been an included keyword, kitten had not. That said, he went on and immediately fixed that (along with some following bugs).

With that in mind, I'd say a) Decent chance they're not a keyword added in, but b) You could probably ask really nicely.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Regarding furniture, is it acceptable to write things like piles of paperwork into the examined design of a desk? Also, can functional drawers (as in can be open or closed, can contain a few items) be built into a desk?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    Regarding furniture, is it acceptable to write things like piles of paperwork into the examined design of a desk? Also, can functional drawers (as in can be open or closed, can contain a few items) be built into a desk?
    Only if you live in Cyrene.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jiraishin said:
    Regarding furniture, is it acceptable to write things like piles of paperwork into the examined design of a desk? Also, can functional drawers (as in can be open or closed, can contain a few items) be built into a desk?
    You can make a desk be a container, if that is what you are asking. Not sure there's such a thing as drawers though, specifically. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Thaisen said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Only if you live in Cyrene.
    They finally got their factional skill.

Adding paperwork to any design.
  • I was curious about the current health formula. I searched the forums and (3*Con+4)*Level+300 is stated but it feels out of date.

Has it changed?
  • Once you hit level 80, you count as if you are level 99 iirc. 80-99 gets no health gain, and then 100 onwards you see it come back.
  • edited January 2020
    My max health went up when I leveled from 96 to 97 not so long ago. When the health gain change went through for level 80 I was in the early 90s and my maximum health increased then too.

I plugged my current numbers through that formula today and received my current max health.
  • My Google document should still be out there, I don't have a link right now though. Some "cooper Achaea health" might find it. 

• Con Level(99) health
    12 99 4260
    13 99 4557
    14 99 4854
    15 99 5151
    16 99 5448

Does that look right?
  • Is anyone else having problems logging onto the forums from a mobile device? I've never had problems before. Now when I attempt to log into forums, it directs me to the Achaea site, and still doesn't allow me to log in. I've double and triple checked the user name and password.

Any ideas?

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    You have to do it from the desktop version
  • For me, hitting 'Log in' took me to the Achaea website login page, wherein logging in would take me back to the Achaea website login page as if I didn't log in, and then a second login would take me to the homepage, logged in... On the website, not on the forums.

But clicking "Sign in with Achaea" just above that auto signed me in, no login page, just fine.
    So uhm.
    If you're trapped, try that?

Also, this was on desktop.
  • I requested desktop version on mobile... then logged in like @Ygia suggested then switched back and it worked for mobile.
  • What he said.
  • Glad to hear it worked!
    Still not quite sure why the big log in button doesn't log in, but... Yay!
  • Ismay said:
    Is anyone else having problems logging onto the forums from a mobile device? I've never had problems before. Now when I attempt to log into forums, it directs me to the Achaea site, and still doesn't allow me to log in. I've double and triple checked the user name and password.

Any ideas?

Yeah spent two weeks on vacation trying to log in and it was dicked.  Just did it from the desktop version and even logging in there forced me to the achaea.com page where I then had to select FORUMS from the dropdown, and then not click the 'sign in' button but the little ticker above it that says sign in as Caelan.  Pain in the ass.